davidpeder2

Little to no FPS-gain with low settings?

With my laptop, is seems like both the CPU and the RAM have some problems, but mostly the CPU.

It's quite annoying since there seems to be almost NO difference with what type of settings i use. Going from Epic to Low, gives me only a small boost of 10-15 fps. 

Specs:

GTX 960M

Intel Core i5-4210H (2.90GHz)

8 GB RAM

Windows 10

Average fps: 

Epic  - 10-15 fps

Low - 25-30

I know it's an alpha and there is a lot more to be done with performance. But my laptop "should" be quite capable to run this game on higher settings.

Is there anyone else who have problems with graphic-settings have almost nothing to say for performance? :P

With my laptop, is seems like both the CPU and the RAM have some problems, but mostly the CPU.

It's quite annoying since there seems to be almost NO difference with what type of settings i use. Going from Epic to Low, gives me only a small boost of 10-15 fps. 

Specs:

GTX 960M

Intel Core i5-4210H (2.90GHz)

8 GB RAM

Windows 10

Average fps: 

Epic  - 10-15 fps

Low - 25-30

I know it's an alpha and there is a lot more to be done with performance. But my laptop "should" be quite capable to run this game on higher settings.

Is there anyone else who have problems with graphic-settings have almost nothing to say for performance? :P

Is that on local or on a server ?

because if its on a server with lots of people its currently normal

On my systen there is big difference in setting depending on settings.

Shadow settings alone can make a difference of 15 FPS.

I5 4690k 4,5ghz, gtx 970.

On my systen there is big difference in setting depending on settings.

Shadow settings alone can make a difference of 15 FPS.

I5 4690k 4,5ghz, gtx 970.

Shadows does nothing to my pc. The ony thing that kills my pc is post-processing.

Little to no gain you say ?

Average fps:

Epic - 10-15 fps

Low - 25-30

But the above is around 100% difference mate :)

The 960m will suffer in squad at the moment, no doubt. From what i have seen the gtx 960(not m) / amd 380 is the absolute minimum if you want decent fps in this game.

Im not even satisfied with the performance of my gtx 970, - 1920x1080, mix of epic and hig settings. Avg fps on 60 player servers is 55-65. Dipping into 40's. Not exactly good fps.

Really hope they get much better optimization i squad. So far the dev team have made impressive work.

Little to no gain you say ?

Average fps: 

Epic  - 10-15 fps

Low - 25-30

But the above is around 100% difference mate :)

The 960m will suffer in squad at the moment, no doubt. From what i have seen the gtx 960(not m) / amd 380 is the absolute minimum if you want decent fps in this game.

Im not even satisfied with the performance of my gtx 970, - 1920x1080, mix of epic and hig settings. Avg fps on 60 player servers is 55-65. Dipping into 40's. Not exactly good fps.

It kinda sucks when i can play MGS 5 with most settings on high, and have around 30-40 fps :P But I guess i'l just have to wait for more performance patches then :/

I have i7 5700hq, 8gb RAM and gtx 960m and it runs fine on high with 60 players (shadows on medium).

Have same issue like you with no fps change when reducing options + blurred screen with AA settings.

I have i7 5700hq, 8gb RAM and gtx 960m and it runs fine on high with 60 players (shadows on medium).

Have same issue like you with no fps change when reducing options + blurred screen with AA settings.

thats normal because you are limited by the server having a hard time synchronising all the data, thus will limit your fps even if you have some ressource remaining...

After testing a bit, it looks like most of my fps problems comes from specific servers and the lag, and it also has something to say the number of players on the server. I can play on a 36 man server and have about 40-50 fps with everything on medium-high.  :D

After testing a bit, it looks like most of my fps problems comes from specific servers and the lag, and it also has something to say the number of players on the server. I can play on a 36 man server and have about 40-50 fps with everything on medium-high. :D

Part of this is due to a problem with the animation system. The game is causing your graphics card to render all animations even if you can't see them. This worsens are the number of players increases. They are working in a fix

Part of this is due to a problem with the animation system. The game is causing your graphics card to render all animations even if you can't see them. This worsens are the number of players increases. They are working in a fix

Well, then it means that i could be able to play on servers with more players soon. Nice! :) My pc is powerful enough to have over 100+ fps on low on a training map, so the main problem then it looks like it's that bug.

Usually if you get no FPS gain from lowering in game graphics settings that means something is bottlenecking your GPU, that could be your CPU (either underpowered or overheating) or it could be your PSU. But in this case in an unoptimised game it could just be the game itself.