Rybec

Comp mount proportion change

I'm not aware of any thinner knob for mounts so I figured the proportions are a little out. The thing is gigantic while ingame it's very small. Quality is the best I could do for taking a picture of a monitor.

Yf9eyTDh.jpg

A minor visual impairment but definitely one that warrants fixing in myopinion. Personally, I'd also like to see the Retina marking scrubbed from the optic as well as on the real Comp M4 there's nothing there. 

It used to be realistic and people said it was useless. It was made wider to help with that.

I assume the majority of those people have probably never handled a firearm in their life, much less one with a $850 optic on it. The knob is massive for a damn good reason and making it smaller because people don't like it is a bad idea. I hope the devs turn back the clock on the knob and fix the size to reflect its real world counterpart.

Just used a carry handle AR for the first time and man the proportions on those mounting screws are also pretty FUBAR. I haven't gotten my hands on the mythical ACOG yet but I assume they're pretty small as well.

Alright, I just got acquainted with a few more roles and I've got to say that the mounting screws are also way too small on the carry handles and the ACOG. Much like the M68, these knobs are pretty massive and real life and need to be scaled up to reflect that. 

So inconsequential. As said above, when it was more 'real' everyone complained on here. (not the mount but view)

Leave it and some people will dislike it. Change it and some people will dislike it. There's no winning.

Edited by GonzoPR

The problem with current optics isn't only the way they're working itself,but also the proportions of the Aimpoint and RCO being off as the picatinny rails are scaled incorrectly.

Spoiler

picjpg_1459716_23397419.jpg

I believe @FishMan figured it out first, with some very nice pictures comparing IRL M4's with the ingame versions.
Link to the post i mean. :)

It's not a huge issue, but it definitly is noticable.

1 hour ago, GonzoPR said:

So inconsequential. As said above, when it was more 'real' everyone complained on here. (not the mount but view)

Leave it and some people will dislike it. Change it and some people will dislike it. There's no winning.

Authenticity wins :)

1 hour ago, carmikaze said:

Authenticity wins :)

But it doesn't. Gameplay wins every time in every example.

In this case I don't  think it's detrimental to gameplay to slightly change how something looks, but it's so unimportant.. there's whole game to develop.

3 hours ago, GonzoPR said:

But it doesn't. Gameplay wins every time in every example.

In this case I don't  think it's detrimental to gameplay to slightly change how something looks, but it's so unimportant.. there's whole game to develop.

God forbid people have an interest in seeing things done properly or having little touches added.

First thing that comes to mind  (but not the only one) was someone saying something about gas from the muzzle of a rifle kicking up dust and dirt from walls and window sills and Bruno shows up and goes "Oh hey, good idea" and we see that implemented shortly after.

If something is done nice enough it doesn't have to be a placeholder or an unimportant and not worth changing part later. Having placeholders or "it's too small to change" for everything ends up making more work in the long run since you're redoing a bunch of things you could've done in the first go.

Zero gameplay effect means, for me, changing it makes no difference.

But hey, I hope you manage to get the knob scaled up if having a small one is troubling you.

3 minutes ago, GonzoPR said:

But hey, I hope you manage to get the knob scaled up if having a small one is troubling you.

Finally you understand, I've got a really big one and when I see the really small one ingame it really throws off my immersion because I know that's not what mine looks like.

And mine's the real deal.

Just now, Rybec said:

Finally you understand, I've got a really big one and when I see the really small one ingame it really throws off my immersion because I know that's not what mine looks like.

And mine's the real deal.

I can't say I pay that much attention to knobs in general, but I'm glad your keen gaze picked it up.

You might convince me if you send me a picture of your knob? PM is fine.

21 minutes ago, GonzoPR said:

I can't say I pay that much attention to knobs in general, but I'm glad your keen gaze picked it up.

You might convince me if you send me a picture of your knob? PM is fine.

Sure man.

Yf9eyTDh.jpg

6 hours ago, GonzoPR said:

But it doesn't.

But it would.

Gameplay wins every time in every example.

If gameplay would win we would have hitmakers, killstreaks and red doritos, right?

If we would say that to every detail, we would be playing a very dull "thing" right now. Get it?

Edited by carmikaze

17 minutes ago, carmikaze said:

But it would.

It would?

18 minutes ago, carmikaze said:

If gameplay would win we would have hitmakers, killstreaks and red doritos, right?

No? That would be gameplay from other games unrelated to Squad.

19 minutes ago, carmikaze said:

If we would say that to every detail, we would be playing a very dull "thing" right now. Get it?

No I don't get it. It's not like this forum has done wonders to shape every aspect of the game.