Sebastian

Squad Reviews on Steam

I'm trying my best to keep the haters and trolls at bay on the Steam forums.

Please don't harasses people, if they are having a legitimate issue with the game, point them to the forums. If they are misinformed, help them understand KINDLY.

I can't say i blame what he has written. I'm pretty frustrated about the mouse mechanics; its still in alpha, but trying to aim with iron sights kinda blows. Even with the lowest dpi settings if i move my mouse 1mm it moves a whole block that can fit 3 heads at 100 yards. The recoil is a little harsh even on the ak74 ( which i own IRL and shoot) i can hit a 8in plate at 100 yards standing up in semi. I'm hoping it will get better but i would love more accurate mouse controls, whether that is the lows fps( which i don't have) or the actual mechanics i'm unsure. I hope there are others who feel the same about the mouse mechanics as i do so it can be addressed. If not this game will just end up on a list of uninstalled titles and i'll stick to arma.

Up and Atom Atom Ant !!!!

If your after an intelligent experience.... THIS IS IT !

a new edition to the genre of fps that rewrites the rules so hard it has created a genre on its own

WELCOME to TACSIM !

It takes a while to realize that this is not about kills

its not about badges

its not about awards

its not about ratios

this is a game that makes you think and plan

this is a game that makes you want to be better

this is a game that grabs you and doesn't let go

The environment feels alive

the gunfights are intense

the pressure is unbearable the tension electric

the decisions you make are vital to you and your squad mates

can you lead a squad can you take orders ?

can you give up your instinct to run and gun? 

learn a new discipline?

be immersed in a world where you are convinced you FEEL the gunfire?

play a game where when it ends ...you breath for the first time in ages and exhale hard !

Welcome to SQUAD

ps

remember that the game is early access

thats like having a new girlfreind and not being sure if its gonna work out

but the promise of whats to come just sends you to bed with a HUGE smile 

the world of SQUAD so glad I live there

This is the best description of the game I have read so far!

This is my review i posted a few days ago:

I have been following the progress from this game from the early moments when it was still just some weapons in artwork, now that i have been a backer since May since its Kickstart campaign launched i have seen the game grow allot and many updates have been coming out of the developers factory!if you are unaware, Squad is based on Project Reality, a (now standlone) mod for BF2, its still very popular and still being updated! Squad's goal is to get as close as possible to the goodness that is PR, now i have to warn you, this is still a ALPHA build, so that means bugs, glitches, lack of optimization and lack of content, this is a raw build on what the game could be. They are working hard on adding vehicles and if you follow their updates you would know they are nearly done with the Humvee's! An armored personnel carrier is also in the works! Some people have been complaining about the price, but don't forget that this money does not go into the pockets of the developers, its used for the game, so your money is backing up the development of this game. So expect bugs, glitches and such, but report them on their forum so they can work them out even faster!

7 out of 14 found it helpful... <_<

How do you find total reviews, and individual review stats?  I posted mine a few days ago.

Gave the game a thumbs down for now.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047659364/recommended/393380

The concept of this game could be fun to play, yet fun needs a solid foundation to be build upon. I call this foundation a "good game". A good MP FPS needs 3 functional elements:

-Technical

-Balance

-Cheatfree

Fun is subjective. The above 3 needs to be solid before fun can happen. Although fun for me did happen a few times in this game, the constant lag, disco's, gamecrashes, low FPS on high end system and the cheaters, did quickly end my fun.

I understand that this an Early access game. However, IMO EA is not a platform for indies to let customers pay for benchmarking their games. This must be done with free to get alpha's or beta's. If indies keep doing this, EA will die a slow dead because gamers will not trust EA anymore. And i'm pretty sure indies can't survive with only true believers and fanboys funding them.

I am so glad that ppl are saying and complaining about this game so they are not going to play anymore we don't need call of duty kids in this game let them

stick with cod ;-) whoooaa

It would be nice if there was a built in ini or config file on the Steam side not user side for each Steam user tied to the review function that prevented any reviews until a minimum of 50 or 75 hours of game play were reached.  That would potentionall minimize or alleviate some of the initial fake or lazy gamer reviews.

When ever I read a review i always check out how many hours they have put in before I decide if the review is going to be balanced.

I doubt the devs are to bothered about a few bad reviews as long as it isn't a recurring reason that people are not liking it.

It helps if the community is friendly towards new players(it seems to be) and gives them a reason to play as a team,the main selling point for the game.That is why i bought it,and this type of game is dependent on experienced players helping new players and making the game a fun experience,even if the game is not their cup of tea.

They could of released Squad with every single feature you could dream of and had it so optimized it can magically run at 144 fps on the lowest end of pc's and you would still see some negative reviews,Some of these people just love to find flaws in any and everything they can just so they have a reason to voice THEIR opinion. These people are impossible to please, they do not want to be pleased.

Almost every negative review is from some dude with .2 hours played,just a baby does not even know what Squad is, yet some how he has formed a real opinion on it and is ready to post a well thought out review.These reviews are a joke and nobody with a brain would take them seriously when considering whether to buy the game or not.Squad has gotten very few negative reviews from people who actually put some time into it.

​At the end of the day Squad will maintain a Very Positive rating on steam, maybe even one day reach Overwhelmingly Positive.

A max of 2hrs for a Steam refund. If these 2hrs consist out of lag, random drops, low FPS and cheaters, then it should be no surprise that many will be negative about the game in under 2hrs. That suggestion that reviews can only be placed after a certain amount of gametime, is ridicilous. Everybody has the right to an opinion. If you only get 2hrs to form that opinion, then it's up to the devs to make sure that those 2hrs are a fun experience. Promises are nice, but you can't feed on promises.

Most negative reviews all say the same. The game could be fun, yet the technical issues are just to obvious to ignore. Most casual gamers only have a handfull of hours they can game each week and are very sceptical when it comes to using those few hours. Can't expect them to give up some or all of these hours to help devs in figuring out the technical side of a game. Especially if you have to pay for it. There's no point in the promise for much more content when the experience is that the platform for that content, isn't performing at all.

Played this game 81hrs before I wrote a review. Out of those 81hrs, this game was performing a max of 2-3hrs. The other +75hrs was only lag and random drops.

Most negative reviews all say the same. The game could be fun, yet the technical issues are just to obvious to ignore. Most casual gamers only have a handfull of hours they can game each week and are very sceptical when it comes to using those few hours. Can't expect them to give up some or all of these hours to help devs in figuring out the technical side of a game. Especially if you have to pay for it. There's no point in the promise for much more content when the experience is that the platform for that content, isn't performing at all.

That's like buying a house without a roof which is stated to be built within the next 2 years and then complain that the floors are wet and you can't sleep, because homeless people keep on coming inside to sleep next to you on the wet floor.

The steam threads are also always the same, there are trolls, every day there is a thread about why it cost 40 bucks. And there is a huge troll thread going on called "Blatant NATO Propaganda" with over 121 messages (c'mon taxi man, close that thread already!)

That's like buying a house without a roof which is stated to be built within the next 2 years and then complain that the floors are wet and you can't sleep, because homeless people keep on coming inside to sleep next to you on the wet floor.

House related, EA means that the house must be functional. This means, a roof, 4 walls, doors and windows.

From Wikipedia:

"obtain access to playable but unfinished versions of the game"

From EA page:

"Early Access is a full purchase of a playable game"

Both clearly say a playable(functional) game. Constant lag, random drops, cheaters, low fps,...are not criteria for playable. Most true believers and fanboys will ignore these problems. Most casual gamers will not. They don't like to spend their few hours on and pay for a game, that is giving them this experience.

House related, EA means that the house must be functional. This means, a roof, 4 walls, doors and windows.

From Wikipedia:

From EA page:

Both clearly say a playable(functional) game. Constant lag, random drops, cheaters, low fps,...are not criteria for playable. Most true believers and fanboys will ignore these problems. Most casual gamers will not. They don't like to spend their few hours on and pay for a game, that is giving them this experience.

It's playable. A matter of personal definition on HOW playable.

I could say a game crashing every 20 hours "is not playable".

You have got access to an Alpha stage game, this is also stated, besides the "Early Access" title.

So it is in development.

Right now, you'll have to deal with the fact that his is a new game that is not fully released yet and will be continiously worked and optimized on.

It's playable. A matter of personal definition on HOW playable.

I could say a game crashing every 20 hours "is not playable".

You have got access to an Alpha stage game, this is also stated, besides the "Early Access" title.

So it is in development.

Right now, you'll have to deal with the fact that his is a new game that is not fully released yet and will be continiously worked and optimized on.

This is a mistake made by many indies on EA. They release their game in a to early stage. They have the right to do so, but shouldn't be surprised when the casual gamers is giving them critique for it or are just ignoring their product. EA and playable are only synonyms if the developers chooses for them to be. Best way to determine the playability for a wider audience, is with free to get Alpha's or Beta's, not after a full purchase of a playble game. Doing it after the full purchase of a playable game, can and will lead to many dissapointed casual gamers.

Gave the game a thumbs down for now.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047659364/recommended/393380

The concept of this game could be fun to play, yet fun needs a solid foundation to be build upon. I call this foundation a "good game". A good MP FPS needs 3 functional elements:

-Technical

-Balance

-Cheatfree

Fun is subjective. The above 3 needs to be solid before fun can happen. Although fun for me did happen a few times in this game, the constant lag, disco's, gamecrashes, low FPS on high end system and the cheaters, did quickly end my fun.

I understand that this an Early access game. However, IMO EA is not a platform for indies to let customers pay for benchmarking their games. This must be done with free to get alpha's or beta's. If indies keep doing this, EA will die a slow dead because gamers will not trust EA anymore. And i'm pretty sure indies can't survive with only true believers and fanboys funding them.

I would place some of the onus on a person buying an EA game to temper their expectation accordingly and to realize you're supporting a project.  I've had little issue playing the game that I didn't expect, it being EA and still in Alpha.  But I think you layout pretty well what the game should shoot for and the devs definitely value your review.

Steamspy is showing around 85k in game sales, doing the math, we should be to the magic number the devs have quoted to fully develop the game if not passed it.  At various landmarks, such as vehicles, etc there will hopefully be more sales, which should increase the level of development OWI will be able to make to the game before it's released.

Go ahead and write your own opinion down in a (positive?) review. Its the way you should do it!

From Wikipedia:

From EA page:

I can play for hours, servers might crash once in a while, but its certainly playable.

Maybe there should be reviews dedicated to "Alpha", "Beta", "Full Release"

Currently, correct me if I'm wrong, it seems that reviews stay with a product shown on steam from inception which I would deem to be quite unfair, people need to understand that this game is in Alpha and they should not really be reviewing an unfinished product and giving it a bad review right off the bat.

Play the game as it develops then make an opinion.

Maybe there should be reviews dedicated to "Alpha", "Beta", "Full Release"

Currently, correct me if I'm wrong, it seems that reviews stay with a product shown on steam from inception which I would deem to be quite unfair, people need to understand that this game is in Alpha and they should not really be reviewing an unfinished product and giving it a bad review right off the bat.

Play the game as it develops then make an opinion.

Sadly, STEAM doesn't recognize the difference between all these modes, there is only Early-Access review and Release-Review (yes it is actually indicated on the steam page).