Sebastian

Squad Reviews on Steam

Should indeed mention this:

"Squad is a FUTURE 50 vs 50 multiplayer first-person shooter where it's goal will be to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay, emphasizing both strong squad cohesion mechanics as well as larger scale coordination, tactics and planning. Future major features will include vehicle-based combined arms gameplay, large scale environments, base building, and integrated positional VoIP for proximity talking & radio."

Not this:

"Squad is a 50 vs 50 multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay. Major features include vehicle-based combined arms gameplay, large scale environments, base building, and integrated positional VoIP for proximity talking & radio."

The last one states that it already has all of it.

Not an issue when people can read;

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version? 

“In the full version, we are aiming for the support of 100 player servers with 50 players on each side. In addition what we have planned are a full compliment of vehicles for each faction, which goes from the small (motorbikes), all the way to close support jet aircraft and helicopters. Lastly we intend to fully flesh out the Base Building system by including more deployables, refining the construction and supply systems and also creating an upgrade system for bases.”

Just under the game description is the early access notification that includes a mini FAQ from the developers in regards to the EA and what to expect.

Maybe this is not clear enough for some, despite the fact that it is on the main steam store page for the game and ABOVE the "Add to cart" button. I personally read about a product, nearly any product, before I buy it.

Not an issue when people can read;

Just under the game description is the early access notification that includes a mini FAQ from the developers in regards to the EA and what to expect.

Maybe this is not clear enough for some, despite the fact that it is on the main steam store page for the game and ABOVE the "Add to cart" button. I personally read about a product, nearly any product, before I buy it.

This still lets you believe there are vehicles in already, just not "full compliment of vehicles".

I always said and I will say again. The steam is the source of evil. These kids ruined couple of good tactical games by doing bad reviews there...

Everybody here should put a positive review on Steam as soon as possible before these 10 year olds get too crazy when their parents are not looking.

This still lets you believe there are vehicles in already, just not "full compliment of vehicles".

No it doesn't. Quote the part where it lets you believe otherwise.

Post your own honest positive reviews. We arent concerned about the negatives. The ratio is healthy and the more positive the better.

I am pretty dissapointed by the PR player negative reviews and link to reality mod on our neg review page.

Having worked on PR for 5-6 years and made some major contributions (Face facts the early devs are the reason PR was even there for the later ones) it's incredibly dissapointing to have our legacy tarnished by rampant elitism that PR has seemed to grow over the years.

That was my favourite game for years and poured personal pieces of my soul into it.

There is a huge amount of butt hurt going around in that community.

Funny thing is.. i was part of every iteration of PR2 and they all failed due to poor leadership and implementation.

The moment we go off and say ok.. lets do this properly.. the PR community accuses us of stealing their legacy.

We have been nothing but an open door to PR community from day 1.

We are no longer concerned with their butthurt but I did want to express myself on this topic to the community just once.

PS. Personally attacking specific previous PR devs in squad is about as low as you can go. You know who you are.

Just try me, i will defend this team to my death

Post your own honest positive reviews. We arent concerned about the negatives. The ratio is healthy and the more positive the better.

I am pretty dissapointed by the PR player negative reviews and link to reality mod on our neg review page.

Having worked on PR for 5-6 years and made some major contributions (Face facts the early devs are the reason PR was even there for the later ones) it's incredibly dissapointing to have our legacy tarnished by rampant elitism that PR has seemed to grow over the years.

That was my favourite game for years and poured personal pieces of my soul into it.

Funny thing is.. i was part of every iteration of PR2 and they all failed due to poor leadership and implementation.

The moment we go off and say ok.. lets do this properly.. the PR community accuses us of stealing their legacy.

We are no longer concerned with their butthurt but I did want to express myself on this topic to the community just once.

PS. Personally attacking specific previous PR devs in squad is about as low as you can go. You know who you are.

im feeling with you man.

i never got into that community because there were a lot of shit posts. im really glad you started this project!

i have high hopes for this community as long the number of those "pr-vets" (edit:and every other person ofc) who are not capable of a helpful discussion stays to a minimum.

im feeling with you man.

i never got into that community because there were a lot of shit posts. im really glad you started this project!

i have high hopes for this community as long the number of those "pr-vets" that are not capable of a helpful discussion stays to a minimum.

dont get me wrong.. I love that community.. they just have a poison somewhere deep in there that I am simply not willing to give my time to. 

Like i said. door is always open.

We offered to be full partners early on and were rejected (and actually belittled by a few of the more arrogant types)

The door is always open. We aren't ever going down that hate, elitism path. (and i will wage war on anyone is this community showing that to other players)

Some of my mates don't really want to play now because they saw his "video" kind of annoyed me how a troll youtuber with heaps of subs has that kind of influence over people.

While some of us 'small fry' who support the game since day one are lucky to get 500 views in a week. go figure.

Up and Atom Atom Ant !!!!

---

ps

remember that the game is early access

thats like having a new girlfreind and not being sure if its gonna work out

but the promise of whats to come just sends you to bed with a HUGE smile 

the world of SQUAD so glad I live there

I would love a link for this one so I can go upvote it. :D

I've got to say....the amount of bad reviews on steam are annoying me :angry: 

They complain about the game they've been playing for about one hour on a server in another continent

and then they try to play the game with shitty computers they didn't know wouldn't be able handle it.

There should have been some kind of filter for idiots not to be able to review a product...

User: "Sacher" wrote:

"The Aiming feels very clunky due to Low FPS, weird mouse mechanics and insane recoil. You would think that you are shooting a .50 when using an AKSU"

(He's an weapons expert, 5 year veteran in Call of Duty)

"No Vehicles: Selfexplanatory (might come in the future though)"

- If this guy spent 2 sec on the forums or Squad's facebook page he would have known, or atleast checking out the f****** Steam Store page showing off the Humvees in a video.. 

And the amount of people complaining about the game costing what? 40$ ?!... what do they excpect? To get the game for free, those cheap bastards..

I don't know what to say?!

Too bad there is freedom of speech, right?

The good thing is that we've got a lot of members on this forums posting positive and well written reviews on the store page, well done guys :)

Why don't you link the whole review? You only showed the cons he wrote... Link to the review (also in the spoiler). He also has almost 1k hours in Arma 3 and he is playing at a tactical gaming community - cod kiddie? Everyone has his own opinion on things. I personally enjoy the game at the moment, but I will wait before I write a review, its to early for this, there are to many missing parts of the game.

EARLY ACCESS-REVIEW
Having played this only for 1 and bit hours my review is based on first empressions. I did manage to play 5 Maps though.

I will say it bluntly. This game is a huge moneycrap (in its current Alpha state) for a reskined Insurgency with a bit more fancy things like FOBs and bigger maps. 

I will just list the Pros and Cons so people get a better view of things.

Pros:

Teamwork. Like in BF2:PR people generally play and fight together and actually use their microphones.

Maps. Lots of Maps with variety and nice microterrain.

Fobs. Building Fobs and defensive emplacements is allways a very nice thing.

And that is pretty much it for major positive things.

Cons:

Low FPS. I5 + R9 270x gets on alot og maps less than 25 FPS and as soon as ♥♥♥♥ goes down it goes even lower.

Gunplay. Its has a very similar gunplay of Insurgency which i disliked alot. The Aiming feels very clunky dueto Low FPS , weird mouse mechanics and insane recoil. You would think that you are shooting a .50 when using an AKSU.

General Clunkiness: Not really sure how to explain this.

Online Lag: Server in my own Country has a Ping of 200 - 300 and you notice it alot.

No Vehicles: Selfexplanatory (might come in the future though)

Sure People now say "but it is an Alpha blablabla" and "developers are actual playing and listening to the community", well i don't give a ♥♥♥♥. If they charge 36.99 with the current state and like in all alphas have no actuall reason to continue developing the game (see DAYZ) or are incredible slow to actually get anywhere (Investation Survivore Stories(which is a whole nother level of cluster♥♥♥♥).

Even though i said this, i think the developers are not ♥♥♥♥♥♥ people and have shown that they actually know what they are doing in BF2:PR. I might pickup this game again when atleast the fps is fixed or if the game goes on sale, but right now i feel like this is not worth the money even with all the promises.

Also Arma 3: Alpha was 24.99. And even the Clunkiness of Arma 3 Alpha is better than this.

It seems like the negative reviews mostly fall into three main categories.

1. Those who are having performance issues

2. Those that are upset that there aren't any vehicles ingame yet/other content

3. Those that just don't like this type of slow/tactical/teamwork based gameplay.

It just makes me mad. 

Performance issues are obviously going to be worked on constantly. They don't even have patience to wait a week or two to let the devs work on the issue before they leave a negative review for it. As time goes on, it will be better.  However, giving a bad review because there aren't vehicles or other content in the game is just ridiculous. So many people giving premature reviews because something isn't in the game yet. So stupid.... ITS PRE ALPHA.

Then the people giving it a bad review because its not their style of game. When i buy a game and don't end up liking, I don't give it a bad review unless there is something seriously wrong with it. I accept that there are games out there that are not my type. Doesn't mean i'll leave a bad review. I wont leave any review.

And the thing that makes me even more mad is that the people giving bad reviews based on something that will get "fixed" later, like lack of vehicles or performance. Is that when vehicles are added and performance fixes and they are happy with the game, half of them probably will forget to go back and edit their review to a positive one.

Also, the $40 dollar price tag is SO fair considering all the features that are on the way. and the amount of hours I've spent playing project reality for free, they deserve more than that!

Game is gorgeous , peopl will always complain about something its on EA so lots of stuff still understandable , about steam reviews i think they will change for better positive in time as more things are added to the game 

I read a thread on Steam with a guy complaining about no progression in this game, like better weapons when you rank up and such.. He have no idea about the principle of games like this, he should go and play some CoD instead

EDT: Sorry for the weird writing style, I was on my fith beer while writing.

I´m was a long time PR player and you totaly conviced me that you are building the game i always dreamed about while playing PR. Even in it´s current total early form this is just so freakin awesome! I can´t understand why a person who loves the idea and gameplay behind PR is against this game, i played with people in my squad who never played a deep tacnical shooter before and they did excatly what i wanted from them. That´s something only squad can offer because the whole gameplay is about that and even new guys automacitally adapt to it in under 1 round of playing.

EDT: This was written a bit weird on my 5 beer :P

Aye' This is the reason I'd prefer a proper dictator with some good functioning brain up in his old cabinet to run a country. Look at how our democracies and republics or whatever the hell u want to call 'em turn out. Its a proper disgrace these days what we have walking around in our governments, but what do we expect when people that do have a functioning brain or a heart in the right place work themselves to death. We get these leeching pricks thinking they some shit running a country. Freedom of speech is all good but we need to get some birth control started here, earth kinda needs it.

I ain't even joking.

I've got to say....the amount of bad reviews on steam are annoying me :angry: 

They complain about the game they've been playing for about one hour on a server in another continent

and then they try to play the game with shitty computers they didn't know wouldn't be able handle it.

There should have been some kind of filter for idiots not to be able to review a product...

User: "Sacher" wrote:

"The Aiming feels very clunky due to Low FPS, weird mouse mechanics and insane recoil. You would think that you are shooting a .50 when using an AKSU"

(He's an weapons expert, 5 year veteran in Call of Duty)

"No Vehicles: Selfexplanatory (might come in the future though)"

- If this guy spent 2 sec on the forums or Squad's facebook page he would have known, or atleast checking out the f****** Steam Store page showing off the Humvees in a video.. 

And the amount of people complaining about the game costing what? 40$ ?!... what do they excpect? To get the game for free, those cheap bastards..

The good thing is that we've got a lot of members on this forums posting positive and well written reviews on the store page, well done guys :)

First off: YES! Thank god for freedom of speech.

Let me also state I play this game, I absolutely LOVE it and am very excited to see it from more over the coming months and years.

I do agree that there are some slight issues here and there, BUT.... It's an amazing game and a more than exceptional squad based FPS.

But...You can't make assumptions about the quality of others computers when obviously there is no way for you to know unequivocally that in fact they don't have computers that meet the requirements.

Your argument on that is at best a blind assumption.

Also, no where in the store page dose it state that one should first read the "forums" and "Facebook" before making a purchasing decision on a video game game LOL in fact it's absolutely ludicrous for anyone to suggest that to be a pre-req.

Im not really sure what you where trying to achieve in all this.

you've allowed your obvious attempt at some sort of cheap flame war over your apparent butthurt of others opinions show strongly.

You have to remember, these reviews serve a purpose and they're just an individual's opinion, which they are rightfully entitled to in any case... when you decide to "name and shame" a specific person like you did though, is when it becomes harder to even take your points remotely seriously.

Its just childishly bad etiquette :(

Who's PsiSyndicate?

I raped this guy so many times in ARMA-2. And besides that he is far from a tactical player. I watched his video as well he was comparing squad to a finished product and a large amount of people called him out on this as well. He is a tool always has been.

First off: YES! Thank god for freedom of speech.

Let me also state I play this game, I absolutely LOVE it and am very excited to see it from more over the coming months and years.

I do agree that there are some slight issues here and there, BUT.... It's an amazing game and a more than exceptional squad based FPS.

But...You can't make assumptions about the quality of others computers when obviously there is no way for you to know unequivocally that in fact they don't have computers that meet the requirements.

Your argument on that is at best a blind assumption.

Also, no where in the store page dose it state that one should first read the "forums" and "Facebook" before making a purchasing decision on a video game game LOL in fact it's absolutely ludicrous for anyone to suggest that to be a pre-req.

Im not really sure what you where trying to achieve in all this.

you've allowed your obvious attempt at some sort of cheap flame war over your apparent butthurt of others opinions show strongly.

You have to remember, these reviews serve a purpose and they're just an individual's opinion, which they are rightfully entitled to in any case... when you decide to "name and shame" a specific person like you did though, is when it becomes harder to even take your points remotely seriously.

Its just childishly bad etiquette :(

As you said freedom of speech.

I stand for what I say and so does/should the guy making the review on a public forum/store page. Therefor I see no problem naming the guy.

Since you sound so mad I've got to ask... Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

SQUAD is a masterpiece in the making.

We came from the Project Reality community, we've got your back. You have our full support.

I'm trying my best to keep the haters and trolls at bay on the Steam forums.

You guys are better off encouraging people who like the game to give good reviews than worrying about the bad reviews. 

We farm them for the obvious helpful components and disregard the griping. 

Just remind people reviews are a thing on steam and they really help for EA games. 

cheers!