Sebastian

Squad Reviews on Steam

I wish this biased bullshit would stop already, i got a AMD CPU/GPU and NO problems!

Its not biased, I read threw all negative reviews, 90% of performance issues were people with Amd builds, the following 10% of performance issues seemed to be with Gtx980 ti cards and an amd processor. UE4 is known to have performance issues with amd CPUs and GPUs.

Sounds pretty goober.

Yeh, he's abit of a wank.

I swear those comparisons to arma are driving me nuts on comment sections of german reviews...

"You can get all of this in Arma for less than 39 bucks" NO YOU CANNOT YOU STUPID PILLOCK

One of the biggest german gaming site called Squad a simulator and compared it to arma too, but was very happy with the game overall.

Squad should not even be in comparison with any other fps out there... it's been years since I have had countless hours of fun and great gaming out of any pc game and squad so far (for me) is far exceeding my expectations.

Don't be sad.

A 5 year CoD veteran... wow must have been around a long while.. :)

Played CS 0.4, now that is what you call a veteran. :D 

Now on a serious note. CoD gameplay <-------------------------------------> Squad Gameplay. Nuff said.

CoD is a fast paced I kill a kazillion players in a match after I've dropped my nuke for getting a kill-streak on a 200x200m map. It's a solo player. Squad isn't.

I can give you a lot of extras but I won't.

Guess the old reviews won't be resetted after full release? When it comes to reviews EA games have definitely a disadvantage ... Will be our job to fix that ;)

Found a doozy, one dude actually stated that the weapon sounds are stolen from Battlefield 3. :lol:

Someone really doesnt understand how recording works, for BF3, they recorded the sounds from actual weapons, the same way its being done for Squad, so if you record a M4, i take it will sound pretty similar on both recordings. :rolleyes: 

Some of my mates don't really want to play now because they saw his "video" kind of annoyed me how a troll youtuber with heaps of subs has that kind of influence over people.

Okay, I'm not going into this as to not derail the topic too much.... but what a load of truth this is. These "entertainers" have millions of followers and behave as a cult. Heck, one guy has a game made after him on Steam. What in the world. They're just people. People behaving as kids with too much money and time on their hands.

Then again, I wish I could play video games all day and get paid for it. Therein lies our dilemma.

User: "Sacher" wrote:

"The Aiming feels very clunky due to Low FPS, weird mouse mechanics and insane recoil. You would think that you are shooting a .50 when using an AKSU"

(He's an weapons expert, 5 year veteran in Call of Duty)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

What super experienced skills he has to voice an opinion like that.

Okay, I'm not going into this as to not derail the topic too much.... but what a load of truth this is. These "entertainers" have millions of followers and behave as a cult. Heck, one guy has a game made after him on Steam. What in the world. They're just people. People behaving as kids with too much money and time on their hands.

Then again, I wish I could play video games all day and get paid for it. Therein lies our dilemma.

It's annoying isn't it and so many people believe what they say, I had a friend say i'll only buy Squad if Frankie1080pOnPC plays this and gives it a good review even though me and some of my friends who own it are begging him to purchase it and forget what silly youtubers think.

"Squad is a 50 vs 50 multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay. Major features include vehicle-based combined arms gameplay, large scale environments, base building, and integrated positional VoIP for proximity talking & radio."

It's not that easy to find info about vehicles not being there. You can't blame people for expecting them when one of the trailers is about HMMWV, multiple screenshots feature them and the info page says what I quoted above.

'Welcome to the world of DayZ, hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few that have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population now infected with the disease'

What infected population would that be? The ones you see in all the screenshots!? Over a year later and still no functional zombies and that's from a large established team. Early access is early. Give them time.

I swear those comparisons to arma are driving me nuts on comment sections of german reviews...

"You can get all of this in Arma for less than 39 bucks" NO YOU CANNOT YOU STUPID PILLOCK

One of the biggest german gaming site called Squad a simulator and compared it to arma too, but was very happy with the game overall.

Lol wtf... I love how a review site say´s something like that about an alpha INCOMPLETE version of a game... way to go... people get paid to write such crap...

I see over 500 positive reviews and only 59 negatives. There is a very positive standing on top of it. I think thats a great score! I just hope Arma Fanboys will not attack this game so hard.

I do have to say that what is stated like on the website and the steamstore as well makes it indeed look like it already has vehicles, i think there should be more emphasis that its a game still in full development. If i see this as someone who doesnt know Squad; "Major features include vehicle-based combined arms gameplay", i will also think it already has vehicles. It should state "FUTURE major features include vehicle-based combined arms gameplay". So i dont know who is doing the PR business. But it should state more that its still a title under heavy development as many people will buy a game without knowing much about beside what its store info states.

Damn you guys can be thick. When somebody asks what Squad is people will be fast to reply it's somewhere between ArmA and Battlefield but when somebody compares it to ArmA in a review you get mad. How does that logic work... And if a big YouTuber or whatever says another game is better - that's his opinion, you can't say it's wrong because it's subjective. Unless he's making up stuff about Squad you shouldn't be judging that. Lirik played Squad in front of 23k people yesterday and wasn't really enjoying it either. That's the risk you take when you go EA. How do you not understand that?

I wish this biased bullshit would stop already, i got a AMD CPU/GPU and NO problems!

Ive got an AMD GPU and and intel CPU and no problems for me either!

You guys are in the minority. I have built over 2300 System's and I am here to tell you that with any EA game, and any Game in general, you will have CONSIDERABLY MORE PROBLEMS with cheap, inferior, low-quality products. And yes, that is what AMD is. There is a reason your stuff is so cheap, because it sucks.

Anyway, on-topic, I do not want any of those people in this community anyway, so hopefully they play the game, don'y like it, and leave, never to return. That is what makes PR so freaking FUN. The community. Well, and the Vehicles haha. Those are coming though! Eventually.

Damn you guys can be thick. When somebody asks what Squad is people will be fast to reply it's somewhere between ArmA and Battlefield but when somebody compares it to ArmA in a review you get mad. How does that logic work... And if a big YouTuber or whatever says another game is better - that's his opinion, you can't say it's wrong because it's subjective. Unless he's making up stuff about Squad you shouldn't be judging that. Lirik played Squad in front of 23k people yesterday and wasn't really enjoying it either. That's the risk you take when you go EA. How do you not understand that?

People are just jumping to defend the game they enjoy. Fanboys of anything will take negative criticism as a personal attack and respond in kind - no matter if its COD or Squad.

Don't get me wrong I love Squad and can see myself putting 1000+ hrs into it as long as they don't add aiming deadzone but attacking these 10% of reviewers makes you no better than them. If they stick around they are the people you will want in your squad and community, if they don't then you aren't missing all that much

You guys are in the minority. I have built over 2300 System's and I am here to tell you that with any EA game, and any Game in general, you will have CONSIDERABLY MORE PROBLEMS with cheap, inferior, low-quality products. And yes, that is what AMD is. There is a reason your stuff is so cheap, because it sucks.

Anyway, on-topic, I do not want any of those people in this community anyway, so hopefully they play the game, don'y like it, and leave, never to return. That is what makes PR so freaking FUN. The community. Well, and the Vehicles haha. Those are coming though! Eventually.

Your post are Incredibly ignorant, and elitist like you will turn away new comers to the community. I'm surprised you weren't given a temp ban or an infraction from your recent posting habits.

Furthermore, AMD's poor performance on Squad is currently due to Unreal Engine 4 and Epic dropping the ball.

I bought a lottery ticket and it didnt win :( is it because the pen i used was cheap ? :)

DONT FEED THE MONKEYS :(

btw, the admins really need to be more strict in the steam discussion forum, you got trolls bating people, one dude now calling the trailer "propaganda", people actually bitching that 40 bucks is too much. That they can't play the game in 60 fps with their 4 gig of ram.

personally , i'm here for the long haul.i am happy that the servers were all full last night and that the devs got an injection of cash to help the game develop further.time will whittle away the fickle leaving a strong core community and some new recruits behind.

Up and Atom Atom Ant !!!!

If your after an intelligent experience.... THIS IS IT !
a new edition to the genre of fps that rewrites the rules so hard it has created a genre on its own
WELCOME to TACSIM !

It takes a while to realize that this is not about kills
its not about badges
its not about awards
its not about ratios

this is a game that makes you think and plan
this is a game that makes you want to be better
this is a game that grabs you and doesn't let go
The environment feels alive
the gunfights are intense
the pressure is unbearable the tension electric
the decisions you make are vital to you and your squad mates
can you lead a squad can you take orders ?
can you give up your instinct to run and gun? 
learn a new discipline?
be immersed in a world where you are convinced you FEEL the gunfire?
play a game where when it ends ...you breath for the first time in ages and exhale hard !

Welcome to SQUAD

ps
remember that the game is early access
thats like having a new girlfreind and not being sure if its gonna work out
but the promise of whats to come just sends you to bed with a HUGE smile 

the world of SQUAD so glad I live there

Im sorry but any game that does not have diamond camo is shit.

-sarcasm you know. Before I get fan boy raged xD

Check out the recent reviews. Makes me happy to see that people who are only discovering the game are already praising it. Good mood guaranteed.

I think the devs should remove mentions of vehicles and 100 players and replace them by something that clearly states they are coming but not in the game right now.

People shouldn't have to go out of their way rifling through forums to sniff out such basic information.