Sign in to follow this  
bourbon

Best place for a new guy to start?

Just purchased and installing now, thanks to the power of todays internet ive less than 3 minutes to wait :D

Anyway, wheres the best place for a guy like me to start (and many others out there in the same boat)?

Class? I follow orders and like to get stuck in... so give me a heads up so I dont go in and ruin someones day.

Follow orders by joining a squad and use your microphone. Let them know you're new.

Try out Jensen's range to try out some guns.

good class to start with is the Rifleman, its the basic everyday goto assault class.
join a squad that speaks your language and just ask what they need you to do and spawn as close to them as possible.

Don't be scared to ask questions, and if your squad is silent then leave and find another one.
a squad that doesn't communicate is destined to fail.

Try to find a squad with a communicative leader. That's always a good start. Everybody knows there's a huge influx of new players, so don't worry about ruining anyone's day. Safest bet is to start off with the default kit.

If VaaShark or I are running OTS squads, the doors are always open to newcomers.

Grab a rifleman kit, and follow your SL around.  Ask questions (just not when bullets are flying) follow orders, and have a blast!  You'll get the hang of it pretty quick.

the place where I started (back in PR) was quite simple,

• first of al make sure you have working mic
  • second, join a squad which uses mic's
  • third, tell your sql that you're new
  • fourth, grab a rifleman kit and follow your Squad leader, once you're done learning the basic armaments, opt in for the medic kit.
  • you want to learn to play the medic kit, because this kit teaches you a lot about communication and working as a team and is one of the more passive roles, also your team is always very thankful for picking this class, because its not the most popular kit, due to its responsibility's.
  •  after all this you can basically learn all other kits, since most of them speak for themselves 

Also I got some useful tips.

• always keep your ears open for what your sql and squad is saying.
  • always give some acknowledgement to peoples commands and request, this doesnt have to be more than a simple roger that! This lets your team know, that you recieved and understood their message.
  • if someone dies in a dangerous location, dont attempt a revive until the area is safe, there is no point in reviving and both of you dying in the progress.
  • always apply the basic rule of engament: dont fire until fired upon, spotted or given permission. giving away your position can have hazardous consequences for both you and your squad.
  • when moving, always look where your team isnt looking.
  • learn the basics of flanking: Fix, Flank and Finnish.
  • dont be afraid to ask questions.

when you follow these steps you can become a true salty veteran like me  ;)