Mitsu

[RANT] I gave up trying to explain the 40$ price tag to steam users.

Ignorant, clueless and pathetic behaviour is what I was dealing with the last couple of hours. I tried to explain, as many others did, why Squad costs simply 40$ instead of 30$ or even less. Honestly I don't know how the price is coming together exactly, but I know for sure that 30$ is what you were able to pre-purchase Squad for, thus 35-40 $ seemed to be a logical conclusion. Honestly I always try to justify it with all the outside-the-game stuff you actually get from playing Squad aswell as you get a full-fledged military shooter with actualy f*cking teamplay. But, sadly steam forums compare this game to EA (as in Electronic Farts) and Ubisoft titles, that have like 1000+ employees per project. It's 40$ dollars for a game that is meant to be played on a long-term basis (atleast in my opinion) and not to be thrown away after 1-2 months like other military shooter games. Recent AAA titles have shown how little big publishers care about price/content/quality ratio. As long as you have a good marketing strategy, most AAA titles exceed their expectations already through Pre-Purchases.

In conclusion stop b*tching about the price tag, it's not anybody but the developers to decide how much it costs, but you are free to decide whether or not you are going to spend X amount of money for your free time activities such as video games.

You can pay $40 for Squad and play the game right now as it develops, maps and content always added for free of charge with more factions and mechanics,
or you can buy the first half of Battlefield 5 for $80 then get the season pass for another $80 to unlock the 2nd half of the maps :D

Honestly man, at a certain point you just have to walk away because there is no point to argue with someone on the internet,
nobody has ever in the history of the internet been in a heated argument and all of a sudden gone "Oh, you know what? your 100% right and I apologize for my ignorance"
NO, you will either stick around long enough to become the bad guy and snap, or the other person will figure out your right and simply delete all their posts or stop posting all together.
No satisfaction will ever come of it.

Ignorant, clueless and pathetic behaviour is what I was dealing with the last couple of hours. I tried to explain, as many others did, why Squad costs simply 40$ instead of 30$ or even less. Honestly I don't know how the price is coming together exactly, but I know for sure that 30$ is what you were able to pre-purchase Squad for, thus 35-40 $ seemed to be a logical conclusion. Honestly I always try to justify it with all the outside-the-game stuff you actually get from playing Squad aswell as you get a full-fledged military shooter with actualy f*cking teamplay. But, sadly steam forums compare this game to EA (as in Electronic Farts) and Ubisoft titles, that have like 1000+ employees per project. It's 40$ dollars for a game that is meant to be played on a long-term basis (atleast in my opinion) and not to be thrown away after 1-2 months like other military shooter games. Recent AAA titles have shown how little big publishers care about price/content/quality ratio. As long as you have a good marketing strategy, most AAA titles exceed their expectations already through Pre-Purchases.

In conclusion stop b*tching about the price tag, it's not anybody but the developers to decide how much it costs, but you are free to decide whether or not you are going to spend X amount of money for your free time activities such as video games.

Its a big reason why AAA games get away with such robbery, people are to damn ignorant and oblivious to that fact there being taking advantage of, and when good games come out by smaller teams people don't get why there not being spoon fed information. The next couple of days are going to be hard, trying to iron out the idiots who don't get Squad and trying to teach the people who actually want to learn how to play such a game. 

i don't see why this must be such a big problem for alot of people. If it too expensive for you or a bad value for money = just don't buy it: problem solved.

Or people who wrote a negative review on steam complaining about low fps, like the game was supposed to be optimized since pre alpha... You just can't satisfy everyone, there will always be haters. What you can do is ignore it, The game is very good and it will defend itself. I've paid $70 for the Alpha without any regrets and seeing posts like "$40 dolans is too much for Early Access" makes me wanna laugh.

40 for ea game or 60 for a aaa game that is complete. its not up to the devs to decide how the game is worth but the consumers . they are the ones thats pays. in my eye the game should cost 30$ at final release. its a mp only game that would also never reach the same quality as a aaa.  i did buy it at 30 so im good 

i don't see why this must be such a big problem for alot of people. If it too expensive for you or a bad value for money = just don't buy it: problem solved.

Exactly.

personally, I would (did) pay $60 for this, and I wont spend a dime on BF5 or Fallout etc. Not that there's anything wrong with those games, but, this is the game I am looking to play.

And there are no equivalents.

Hey, maybe in 2-3 months they'll change their minds. Even if they're too stubborn to reason the price who cares. Plus, it's Steam forums, you'll never find a more wretched hive of...you know what, I think you get the quote.

Why no one complaining about COD is priced for 60$ every year with the same copy-past recycled trash ?

Why no one complaining about COD is priced for 60$ every year with the same copy-past recycled trash ?

because you get sp,mp,co op, and u know what to expect. 

It's an EA game (EA as in Early Access) that is in Alpha. Most core features like vehicles or 50v 50 combat aren't even in yet. Server and client performance is as you'd expect from an alpha, same goes for graphics, animations, player models etc. Combine all that with past experience people have with other EA games. Of course they don't feel like it's worth it, not sure how you can't understand that.

Some AAA games being overly expensive doesn't reassure your point either. Some of you are just as ignorant as the people on Steam discussion page, you just don't realize it...

Wrong answer. You getting cow milked for the same product every year over and over and over again and the sad part of it is that peoples are okay with that nowadays. Squad going to deliver alot more content (which is free), long support and you gonna spend alot more hours in it.

Wrong answer. You getting cow milked for the same product every year over and over and over again and the sad part of it is that peoples are okay with that nowadays. Squad going to deliver alot more content (which is free), long support and you gonna spend alot more hours in it.

study the market , the consumer like knowing  what to espect...again sp,coop, and mp. cod did worst when it try to change

Every Call of Duty SP in a nutshell:

There is some terrorist thats behind everything! we need to stop them!

Lets be MURICA and do MURICA STUFF!!!

OH NO!!! the team that we love and die for betrayed us, now we need to go AWOL to get stuff done!

insert dramatic clip of your character trying to jump across a gap and not making it and slowly slipping off as an AI grabs your hand

confront final terrorist

either kill him or find out hes not who you thought he was and you actually need to kill someone else.

And MP hasn't changed since MW2, they could of acheived everything with DLC instead of another $80 game every year, nobody buys COD for the SP anyway.

The devs didnt build me a game that i get 60 FPS on on my Dell Laptop from 1997!! THIEVES!

Let's just agree to disagree. This game is only going to become more awesome. Give it time

Every Call of Duty SP in a nutshell:

There is some terrorist thats behind everything! we need to stop them!

Lets be MURICA and do MURICA STUFF!!!

OH NO!!! the team that we love and die for betrayed us, now we need to go AWOL to get stuff done!

insert dramatic clip of your character trying to jump across a gap and not making it and slowly slipping off as an AI grabs your hand

confront final terrorist

either kill him or find out hes not who you thought he was and you actually need to kill someone else.

And MP hasn't changed since MW2, they could of acheived everything with DLC instead of another $80 game every year, nobody buys COD for the SP anyway.

and its what the market wants....got some news for u.  we are the minority 

Yeah I know what to expect from AAA.

Same game copy/paste each year

Buggy as hell on final release: it took f 1 year for the bf4 to be playable

Even a Titan X wouldn't maxed out BO3 60 FPS and R6s at 60 FPS with msaax8

Charge customers for additional content

Not moddable by the community

It can not be tolerated for per say AAA developers, I would be ashamed if I was at their position

Yeah I know what to expect from AAA.

Same game copy/paste each year

Buggy as hell on final release: it took f 1 year for the bf4 to be playable

Even a Titan X wouldn't maxed out BO3 60 FPS and R6s at 60 FPS with msaax8

Charge customers for additional content

Not moddable by the community

It can not be tolerated for per say AAA developers, I would be ashamed if I was at their position

and? 90% of indie games are scams or never gets finished 

and its what the market wants....got some news for u.  we are the minority 

yeah we've had this discussion before, but we appear to be the majority in a small indie market,

Its topping the lists on steam so its doing fine.

yeah we've had this discussion before, but we appear to be the majority in a small indie market,

Its topping the lists on steam so its doing fine.

300 to 4000 is nothing and wont feed the devs. like i said 40 was a wall. now  they will wait for a sell or never buy the game because  of fanboys.

its doing fine for now but wait for a week or two. we cant count refunds as well