Mitsu

[RANT] I gave up trying to explain the 40$ price tag to steam users.

Think of the poor Aussies with our crap exchange rate :(

Big shout out to everybody contributing on other forums - don't bust a nut valve though.. As others have said sometimes it's best to walk away from a losing argument :)

300 to 4000 is nothing and wont feed the devs. like i said 40 was a wall. now  they will wait for a sell or never buy the game because  of fanboys.

its doing fine for now but wait for a week or two. we cant count refunds as well

there was almost 4000 players online today and most of us haven't even gotten off work yet.

for an indie game its doing incredible. (especially for an indie game thats the first for the studio, before you bring up Bohemia interactive's 3rd game)

and? 90% of indie games are scams or never gets finished

That will not be the case of squad, the dev have already proven their value with the BF2 mod called project reality that is still being played even 10tears after the release not like AAA games such as BFH that died on PC 6 months after release.

I own BF3 premium / BF4 premium /BO

MW3, MOH/ MOHW.

But i got pissed by AAA games for very buggy release, no teamplay /. Bad community....

Charging for DLC.....

The only recent AaA game that I enjoy is R6S despite the bad optimization

(4790k/ gtx 980ti ) can't even maxed out with steady 60 FPS .

So I do know some stuff about AaA games so don't tell me that AAA games is the path to follow for indie games.

Bear in mind that goal number 1 for AaA is to make profit.

Squad devs are players before being commercials....

there was almost 4000 players online today and most of us haven't even gotten off work yet.

for an indie game its doing incredible. (especially for an indie game thats the first for the studio, before you bring up Bohemia interactive's 3rd game)

do the math. it needs more... wait for the dust to set down then lets take a look

That will not be the case of squad, the dev have already proven their value with the BF2 mod called project reality that is still being played even 10tears after the release not like AAA games such as BFH that died on PC 6 months after release.

I own BF3 premium / BF4 premium /BO

MW3, MOH/ MOHW.

But i got pissed by AAA games for very buggy release, no teamplay /. Bad community....

Charging for DLC.....

The only recent AaA game that I enjoy is R6S despite the bad optimization

(4790k/ gtx 980ti ) can't even maxed out with steady 60 FPS .

So I do know some stuff about AaA games so don't tell me that AAA games is the path to follow for indie games.

Bear in mind that goal number 1 for AaA is to make profit.

Squad devs are players before being commercials....

so....people just need to believe? you can say the same for aaa then. this is a bias statement  man...also squad goals  are not too make profit? you want them to go hungry lol 

so....people just need to believe? you can say the same for aaa then. this is a bias statement man...also squad goals are not too make profit? you want them to go hungry lol

They Will make profit if the game is good and innovative

so....people just need to believe? you can say the same for aaa then. this is a bias statement  man...also squad goals  are not too make profit? you want them to go hungry lol 

welp, lets bring up their previous project,

Project Reality. They worked on that for 10 years with 0 income, so I think they will be ok with over half a million dollars right now as they build it up and acquire more sales.

Most of these people dont understand what EARLY ACCESS means, and Steam is full of trolls, immature people or just dumb kids. Just read reviews of any game, they are cancer. "This game does not run well on my Pentium 2, so it sux!"

Ignorant, clueless and pathetic behaviour is what I was dealing with the last couple of hours. I tried to explain, as many others did, why Squad costs simply 40$ instead of 30$ or even less. Honestly I don't know how the price is coming together exactly, but I know for sure that 30$ is what you were able to pre-purchase Squad for, thus 35-40 $ seemed to be a logical conclusion. Honestly I always try to justify it with all the outside-the-game stuff you actually get from playing Squad aswell as you get a full-fledged military shooter with actualy f*cking teamplay. But, sadly steam forums compare this game to EA (as in Electronic Farts) and Ubisoft titles, that have like 1000+ employees per project. It's 40$ dollars for a game that is meant to be played on a long-term basis (atleast in my opinion) and not to be thrown away after 1-2 months like other military shooter games. Recent AAA titles have shown how little big publishers care about price/content/quality ratio. As long as you have a good marketing strategy, most AAA titles exceed their expectations already through Pre-Purchases.

In conclusion stop b*tching about the price tag, it's not anybody but the developers to decide how much it costs, but you are free to decide whether or not you are going to spend X amount of money for your free time activities such as video games.

I actually found it funny one of the complaints was it was not ready for ALPHA. WTF?? Do you even know what ALPHA is do you even ALPHA BRO!

Don't sweat it. If you're trying to explain to people why this game is priced the way it is, the chances are very slim it'll get through.

I gather most people think early access is some sort of magic ticket to get the game 100% completed for $5.

Then you have the people who aren't willing to put up with the headaches of early access/technical difficulties how do I google/legitimate technical gripes/game development cycle.

From there, you have people who don't understand why its so slow, so hard, no customization, no mountain dewritos killstreak Michael Bay titties.

You'll also find people who will say this isn't RO2, BF2/3/4/PR, Insurgency, CSGO, COD, its unfamiliar so it sucks.

Then you'll get people who have been waiting this whole time for a game like Squad, but you're really preaching to the choir because they're already here :)

Don't sweat it. If you're trying to explain to people why this game is priced the way it is, the chances are very slim it'll get through.

I gather most people think early access is some sort of magic ticket to get the game 100% completed for $5.

Then you have the people who aren't willing to put up with the headaches of early access/technical difficulties how do I google/legitimate technical gripes/game development cycle.

From there, you have people who don't understand why its so slow, so hard, no customization, no mountain dewritos killstreak Michael Bay titties.

You'll also find people who will say this isn't RO2, BF2/3/4/PR, Insurgency, CSGO, COD, its unfamiliar so it sucks.

Then you'll get people who have been waiting this whole time for a game like Squad, but you're really preaching to the choir because they're already here :)

EXACTLY!

They aren't even trying to market the game right now, they just got it to a point where they feel "OK people could play this and not get super frustrated"

If you want to get it cheaper then don't buy it until its cheaper, don't moan and complain that you have to spend $40 for an unfinished game, 

They could keep it to themselves and not sell it to anybody but they let us play test it early which is awesome!

maybe in a year or two when its finished it will go on sale, but don't come in here saying "oh that's not the right price because Call of Duty is $80 and people that buy call of duty won't think its worth it" Good for them, This game isn't targeted at them, they can keep playing call of duty and we will be fine over here with our glorious team work game.

If they didn't buy the game, they cant complain about it.

And if they're complaining when they bought the game, it's their own fuckin' fault for buying the game if they knew they weren't going to like it.

People need to fucking wake up and realize Early Access is mainly used to extend funding (and an extended testing pool with more feedback, especially for multiplayer titles) and grow the game in both quantity and quality. If OWI decided not to go to Steam with Early Access they wouldn't be able to make the game they truly want, especially since they're indie devs who have actual lives to lead and families to support. There's no doubt most of the team went full time, that's a lot of money especially with something like a ~30 man team.

Sorry, not sorry. Games cost money to develop. Indie or AAA.

Also, on the flipside. Stop bashing on AAA titles, you really need to look into the production of them before making such closed minded statements. Some of the finest indie titles have been created with lots of industry vets from the big shot studios under "evil" publishers, it's not like you're paying for a game created by a bunch of randoms who don't know what they're doing.

And yet they don't question the huge amounts of money they pay for DLC, featuring the kind of content that should already be in the base game and don't realise that squad will have FREE content updates as long as it is being developed.

EXACTLY!

They aren't even trying to market the game right now, they just got it to a point where they feel "OK people could play this and not get super frustrated"

If you want to get it cheaper then don't buy it until its cheaper, don't moan and complain that you have to spend $40 for an unfinished game, 

They could keep it to themselves and not sell it to anybody but they let us play test it early which is awesome!

maybe in a year or two when its finished it will go on sale, but don't come in here saying "oh that's not the right price because Call of Duty is $80 and people that buy call of duty won't think its worth it" Good for them, This game isn't targeted at them, they can keep playing call of duty and we will be fine over here with our glorious team work game.

For our own peace of mind, we need to remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. The fact that they opened the floodgates to EA and the servers are stable is damned fine work this last week on the dev's part.

We're all here for the long haul, we got at least a year or 2 for feature parity with PR on a spiffy new engine, not to mention all the crazy shit that Squad will bring. The competition isn't the yearly ActiEAUbishit FPS shooter and PR isn't a commercial product. The only avenue for people who want what they'll eventually crave is... Squad.

Get that gun out of your mouth OP, your services are still needed.

Wait a couple of  days and rant/trolls will disappears from Steam HUB, this problem is not only with Squad, go look to Elite:D Horizons early access hub, is the same history

http://steamcommunity.com/app/419270/discussions/

and both games are in the four top sellers game on Steam :rolleyes:

Oh boy yeah, forgot about Horizons release. Looking lovely, Steam forums ftw  :lol:

People that aren't getting into the game right now are going to miss out on a really cool experience.

Right now the devs are very active and interact with us. I see them in servers, I see them on forums, I see them as part of our community. Name another game where the people involved in making the game are this active with the people playing the game. It just doesn't happen any more.

With squad I don't feel like I'm playing a game made by some faceless developers. It feels like I'm playing a game made by other gamers, and this is a really cool experience. Was worth the $70, and now people are getting it for $40, not sure why people want to argue whether it is worth or not. I tried to convince 1 of my gaming buddies to give the game a try but some people get burned sooo often when they buy early access releases that they aren't willing to give another a chance.