JimmyJazz

Annoying things I encountered on day 1 of my playing

I love the game and I'm very happy that I supported it BUT here the things I didn't like:

1. When server is changing map or restarts map after the end of the round and it says "connection to the server has been lost".

2. When I join server 67/72, wait 2 minutes of loading and see "server full". (Why is it loading if there is no space for me?).

3. Buggy animation for field dressing that just restarts very fast and I don't know if it will work or not (but in most cases it works but looks strange).

Anyway those are minor problem I'm sure the devs will fix. I won't add the FPS problem becouse I know that It'll come at the right moment and it's not unplayable for me anyway.

Thank you for the great game!

I'll add my feedback here.

1. There are too many zoom-"levels" on the map. Pressing N over 9000 times to go back to zero-zoom is annoying.
2. The player should be able to leave the map or the spawn-screen by pressing ESC. Currently pressing ESC while having opened the map/spawn screen opens the main menu and everything gets messy.
3. On the first map I played (I forgot the name :D) all players on the map including my self were shown on wrong locations, i.e. they seemed to be 50m to the south of their actual location.
4. I except some performance optimization, especially considering fast moving vehicles. Because changing graphic options does not change much on the FPS. I don't know though, my i5 2500K could be a bottleneck, but not when it is only on 40 to 50% load?
Edit: 5. VoIP is not working when map/spawn menu is open.

Other than that: I love the game! The maps are very well compositioned and it forces one to be aware of your location all the time. The camouflages of all the factions work perfect, so I had a hard time spotting anything and thinking about whether it is an enemy or not. That was really exciting!
I landed a TK as well today, when a squadmate just walked around the corner... :D

And last but not least: You really have the spirit of PR in your game, I felt like I was playing PR in a new engine on Infantry only. Congratulations, guys, well done!

I've had a great day with Squad and played in some epic moments that will keep me coming back for more.

My feedback on things I have not seen posted about (but probably has).

1. Server browser is very basic. It needs to have filters for things like server location, game mode, map etc as it doesn't show ping we have to rely on server name to help pick a nearby one and hence a lower ping.

2. Running through water doesn't have any additional sound. That really broke the immersion. I am pretty sure it's on the todo list.

3. Leaning when prone is broken. You can't lean when prone. However if you lean when crouched and then go prone you still stay leaning.

4. It needs to be much clearer when the SL role is passed on. I lost count of the times people didn't realise they'd been promoted.

Those are just 4 things that frustrated me today. Other than that I was having a blast.

Some feedback from me:

1. You can reload while you dead.

2. When you open the map by pressing "m" there a button "close" appear on the bottom right corner, but you can't press it because there no cursor at all. It confuses me every time especially when i dead i can't distinguish between spawn screen and ordinary map. So i start to press every single button that i have :D

3. You can't use scroll for zoom in or out when map (m) is open, when you start scrolling you begin to select different equipment.

4. Selecting the right equipment is a real headache. I allways shoot in the ground or throw something because i try to confirm my selection, and sometimes it show me for example a bandage icon selected but a smoke has appear.

5. You cant bind a spawn screen to capslock like it was in PR, because you have to use your mouse or press enter every time when you want to close this screen instead just press capslock again. 

6. 1 grenade is'nt enogh, in PR was 2 and it was ok.

7. Your squad leader should display on compass on every distance, right now you can see where he is only if he close enough.

8. I like the game but i thing it is too fast, I caught myself thinking that I play it like i was playing Battlefield 3. The aiming speed and movement is way too fast, the amount of stamina is too big, when you start to aim, your sights allways appear exactly in the center of the screen thats why you can just run and gun all over the place and still be effective, you just run then aim and spray to enemy's direction = profit. Right now the gameplay is too similar to insurgency, it's not bad, but I personally was expecting more in common with Project Reality, where you need for example to stand still for while to have a good accuracy. The healing is also too fast.

9. You can't do anything if you start reload, you can't cancel it.

10. You can't join any servers from training mission, you have to disconnect first.

11. Also the button "no" in "Start training" window do nothing.

12. If you go to descktop while your game is loading you'll never will be able to come back, you'll just have to restart the game.

13. You can't block enemy fobs, they just keep spawning on them.

14. Rifleman has no ammo bag. So you allways have to return to fobs to resupply.

15. You cant see all equipment you've got. For exmample I found that the medic have a showel but it didnt display when you scroll your equipment.

16. My teammates are allways blocking the way especially on the stairs and doorways.

17. Capruring the flags are seems like pointless, i think this is because there no ticket bleeds and no losing tickets for lost flag.

18. Sometimes when i try to build a fobs iside the buildng they appear on the roof.

Some feedback from me:

3. You can't use scroll for zoom in or out when map (m) is open, when you start scrolling you begin to select different equipment.  N KEY

6. 1 grenade is'nt enogh, in PR was 2 and it was ok. THIS IS SQUAD

12. If you go to descktop while your game is loading you'll never will be able to come back, you'll just have to restart the game. YOU CAN JUST TAKES AGES

13. You can't block enemy fobs, they just keep spawning on them. USE YOUR SHOVEL ON THEM OR GET MORE FRIENDLIES IN AREA

14. Rifleman has no ammo bag. So you allways have to return to fobs to resupply. AS YOU WOULD IRL

16. My teammates are allways blocking the way especially on the stairs and doorways. V KEY - MOVE YOUR FUCKING ASS OR GET SHOT

17. Capruring the flags are seems like pointless, i think this is because there no ticket bleeds and no losing tickets for lost flag. YOU LOSE A LOT OF POINTS FOR LOSING CAPTURES

N KEY

Dude i know how to play the game. N key is uncomfortable to me I'm used to scroll, i can't see why i should switch eqipment while i look on the map istead of zooming in or out.

USE YOUR SHOVEL ON THEM OR GET MORE FRIENDLIES IN AREA

Most of the new guys are dont know that, and this is not the point, they just spawn camping them, yeah just like IRL you will do. The fobs should stop working if enemy 50 m avay from them. There was about a half of our team around the fob and the enemy was keep spawning. Is this was a bug?

AS YOU WOULD IRL

Oh shut up. IRL you can have a backpack where you can carry additional ammunition. And again this is not the point. Whats the problem for rifleman to have additional ammo for teammates? ("teamplay" remember?)

I hope they will add this so you can rearm in the field. 

THIS IS SQUAD

And this is my feedback, so what? I wish i have a dollar every time i hear "THIS IS <something>".

YOU LOSE A LOT OF POINTS FOR LOSING CAPTURES

Maybe I did not notice that. And how many?

Omg Ikr. I hate spamming N every time. They need H to be zoom out.

-also VOIP keeps stuttering and cutting out sometimes..

Desert showing on the map even though it's a forest match.xD

I agree about a lot of what you said Fishman especially mouse scroll on the map. It works on the spawn map, which looks the same, so why not the regular map.

Grenades in Squad are so powerful I am happy they only give one or they'd be spammed like in BF.

I would have liked some kind of hint system (switchable) for new players. E.g. Say when you get close to FOB construction it tells you to select your shovel and build with LMB or destroy with RMB. My first time building I was actually destroying as when I clicked LMB nothing appeared to happen.

I would have liked some kind of hint system (switchable) for new players. E.g. Say when you get close to FOB construction it tells you to select your shovel and build with LMB or destroy with RMB. My first time building I was actually destroying as when I clicked LMB nothing appeared to happen. 

Oh year it will be great. I have noticed that not builed assets disapper very quickly as well, but you didnt get back the resources that you have spend on them. What if your resources will spend slowly while your teammates shovelling something instead?

Rally points will dissapear with pure numbers VERY fast

FOB take longer it needs teamwork one ot two to cover the respawning and two to dig (is the best way I have found)

Ammo resupply can be easier with a good tactical placement of ammo crates but having limited ammo i feel is a good thing as it makes me work on targets

Haven't tried but...have you tried relocating the zoom key to a more comfortable choice?

It will take a while (it did me) to realize that spawning the RPs is not the way to win the game initially newer players are after the kill because most other game s encourage this squad is different in that respect

I took SL in a couple of games last night and when the new guys "got it" they all really enjoyed the game and the sense of "squad"

this will take a while to filter through to the kills are everything players....

Blocking doors ETC well thats what the V key is for, once again and educational thing that will get better with time

most of the other various points are work in progress guys

but the devs DO respond to ideas comments etc 

so keep it up dont lose faith 

the key is  Education Education Education :)

Some feedback from me:

3. You can't use scroll for zoom in or out when map (m) is open, when you start scrolling you begin to select different equipment.  N KEY

6. 1 grenade is'nt enogh, in PR was 2 and it was ok. THIS IS SQUAD

12. If you go to descktop while your game is loading you'll never will be able to come back, you'll just have to restart the game. YOU CAN JUST TAKES AGES

13. You can't block enemy fobs, they just keep spawning on them. USE YOUR SHOVEL ON THEM OR GET MORE FRIENDLIES IN AREA

14. Rifleman has no ammo bag. So you allways have to return to fobs to resupply. AS YOU WOULD IRL

16. My teammates are allways blocking the way especially on the stairs and doorways. V KEY - MOVE YOUR FUCKING ASS OR GET SHOT

17. Capruring the flags are seems like pointless, i think this is because there no ticket bleeds and no losing tickets for lost flag. YOU LOSE A LOT OF POINTS FOR LOSING CAPTURES

settle down aspie

Haven't tried but...have you tried relocating the zoom key to a more comfortable choice?

I have had good success to rebind it to mousewheel and Alt so when you want to zoom it press Alt and scroll mousewheel. Just works, the spawn map system is still better though.

settle down aspie

Was in bold/caps to make it easier to read. Fishman is ok aka telling me to shut up I know what he is like so its cool.

I have had good success to rebind it to mousewheel and Alt so when you want to zoom it press Alt and scroll mousewheel. Just works, the spawn map system is still better though.

That would work but you still can't back scroll to zoom out a level to far like you can on the spawn map screen. All polish at the end of the day but I do believe the Devs really want our feedback as we're all Alpha testers and they are always responding to the community which is why I chose to back an EA game. That and their track record with PR.

Placing markers on the map is "tricky". As the commorose is disappearing more often than it allows you to choose the appropiate marker.

I love the game so far.
I share many of these annoying things you've already adressed but don't have the time to read them all so I'll just state couple of my own:

1. When you tap fire on automatic fire the gun sounds gets all fucked up and play on top of themselves.

2. When you scroll through your weapons your characters pics them up without me making the decision which one I want to take. The character can take out pistol, granade and smoke before reaching field dressing for example. Make it like PR. You scroll, you choose, you click. BOOM!

Omg Ikr. I hate spamming N every time. They need H to be zoom out.

-also VOIP keeps stuttering and cutting out sometimes..

Desert showing on the map even though it's a forest match.xD

I'm just mentioning, I changed my keyboard binding to B and V for the map, set  Squad Leader channel talk to M.  Less often to talk to SLs and not have both hands available to reach the M.

Today I encountered more lonewolfs and less cooperative players. Most of the players are just running whole map alone without any idea. I find very hard to join european server which are always full and on the other servers the ping is very high.

3. Buggy animation for field dressing that just restarts very fast and I don't know if it will work or not (but in most cases it works but looks strange).

Entire animation system is going to be reworked, it's our last blocker to progress the infantry play.

I'll add my feedback here.

1. There are too many zoom-"levels" on the map. Pressing N over 9000 times to go back to zero-zoom is annoying.

2. The player should be able to leave the map or the spawn-screen by pressing ESC. Currently pressing ESC while having opened the map/spawn screen opens the main menu and everything gets messy.

3. On the first map I played (I forgot the name :D) all players on the map including my self were shown on wrong locations, i.e. they seemed to be 50m to the south of their actual location.

Noted.

I've had a great day with Squad and played in some epic moments that will keep me coming back for more.

My feedback on things I have not seen posted about (but probably has).

1. Server browser is very basic. It needs to have filters for things like server location, game mode, map etc as it doesn't show ping we have to rely on server name to help pick a nearby one and hence a lower ping.

2. Running through water doesn't have any additional sound. That really broke the immersion. I am pretty sure it's on the todo list.

3. Leaning when prone is broken. You can't lean when prone. However if you lean when crouched and then go prone you still stay leaning.

4. It needs to be much clearer when the SL role is passed on. I lost count of the times people didn't realise they'd been promoted.

Those are just 4 things that frustrated me today. Other than that I was having a blast.

1. Will continue to improve.
  2. Yup
  3. Noted
  4. Agreed

Some feedback from me:

1. You can reload while you dead.

2. When you open the map by pressing "m" there a button "close" appear on the bottom right corner, but you can't press it because there no cursor at all. It confuses me every time especially when i dead i can't distinguish between spawn screen and ordinary map. So i start to press every single button that i have :D

3. You can't use scroll for zoom in or out when map (m) is open, when you start scrolling you begin to select different equipment.

4. Selecting the right equipment is a real headache. I allways shoot in the ground or throw something because i try to confirm my selection, and sometimes it show me for example a bandage icon selected but a smoke has appear.

5. You cant bind a spawn screen to capslock like it was in PR, because you have to use your mouse or press enter every time when you want to close this screen instead just press capslock again. 

6. 1 grenade is'nt enogh, in PR was 2 and it was ok.

7. Your squad leader should display on compass on every distance, right now you can see where he is only if he close enough.

8. I like the game but i thing it is too fast, I caught myself thinking that I play it like i was playing Battlefield 3. The aiming speed and movement is way too fast, the amount of stamina is too big, when you start to aim, your sights allways appear exactly in the center of the screen thats why you can just run and gun all over the place and still be effective, you just run then aim and spray to enemy's direction = profit. Right now the gameplay is too similar to insurgency, it's not bad, but I personally was expecting more in common with Project Reality, where you need for example to stand still for while to have a good accuracy. The healing is also too fast.

9. You can't do anything if you start reload, you can't cancel it.

10. You can't join any servers from training mission, you have to disconnect first.

11. Also the button "no" in "Start training" window do nothing.

12. If you go to descktop while your game is loading you'll never will be able to come back, you'll just have to restart the game.

13. You can't block enemy fobs, they just keep spawning on them.

14. Rifleman has no ammo bag. So you allways have to return to fobs to resupply.

15. You cant see all equipment you've got. For exmample I found that the medic have a showel but it didnt display when you scroll your equipment.

16. My teammates are allways blocking the way especially on the stairs and doorways.

17. Capruring the flags are seems like pointless, i think this is because there no ticket bleeds and no losing tickets for lost flag.

18. Sometimes when i try to build a fobs iside the buildng they appear on the roof.

1. Noted
  2. Good feedback
  3. Considering just allowing the mouse to be usable in this situation as well.
  4. Noted
  5. Noted
  6. It will stay 1 grenade for now
  7. Hmmm, we'll think about it.
  8. All symptoms of an incomplete game.
  9. Also a symptom of an incomplete game, animation system needs to be reworked.
  10. Noted
  11. Noted
  12. Noted
  13. You can, just need more people to overrun it, the more people in the capture zone, the higher the enemies respawn time, plus at 75% spawn disables or you can deshovel it.
  14. Rifleman will be able to carry extra ammo in the future and we will still require people to return to base. This is not going to be an infinite ammo bag mechanic like BF.
  15. This should be indicated on the role menu when you select your kit, if not, let us know.
  16. Tell them to move.
  17. You actually do lose tickets for lost flags, it is the single highest ticket lose you can incur. Last flags have bleed to prevent long drawn out games or most kills being rewarded. There is definitely a reason.
  18. Yeah, spawn validation has always plagued us, we will look into this again for sure.

We are working on multiple tutorial systems of various kinds, including FTEs (first time events) that will have this type of functionality you are suggesting.

1. When you tap fire on automatic fire the gun sounds gets all fucked up and play on top of themselves.

2. When you scroll through your weapons your characters pics them up without me making the decision which one I want to take. The character can take out pistol, granade and smoke before reaching field dressing for example. Make it like PR. You scroll, you choose, you click. BOOM!

1. Known
  2. Noted.

First day for my brother too, just like me, he found the fire mode resetting on respawn to default (i.e semi) incredibly infuriating by moments.

Yup, currently it is a learning tool, trying to get people to understand that semi-auto is the most desirable fire method. Also, it is consistent, but we can revisit it at a later time if necessary.

Yup, currently it is a learning tool, trying to get people to understand that semi-auto is the most desirable fire method. Also, it is consistent, but we can revisit it at a later time if necessary.

u know

in the plus side u took one bullet to the head not a full mag by ur teamate.

if i remember right i think it was u who got tea bag by ur squad mate...then u shot him in the head after u were rez up

First day for my brother too, just like me, he found the fire mode resetting on respawn to default (i.e semi) incredibly infuriating by moments.

If you are the kind of person that only uses one fire rate mode i.e. auto yes it might be annoying to have to select it every time you spawn. My suggestion would be too stop dying so much though.

I personally stay in semi unless in a CQB urban situation so having myself spawn in my last fire rate setting would also be annoying.

Maybe this could be an option in the game settings like 'fire rate on spawn' - semi / auto. Happy campers all around then.

1. Draw a line on the map where your SL placed an objective point. So you know where to walk to, this will make the map alot easier to navigate. (Just like in PR)

2. Make the spawnpoints more clear, (Sometimes the orange dot is covered under other icons)

3. Add a small legend to the map, to make it more clear what the icons mean

I personally think that in squad it is ok. Because most of the time automatic fire is a junk, because your gun is flying away in space every time you shoot automatic fire. Tap-fire is way more effective.

So i think we all just have use to.

I also forgot two very important thnigs:

19.  (PR have the same problem) when you aiming your sights, every tiny mouse movent you do seems like happends with some small increments on the screen, so it little bit hard to aim on large distances. My sreen resolution is 2560x1440 maybe this is the problem. Can you somehow increse the "mouse interpretation" resolution so the aim become more smooth?

20. There is no "click" sound when your magazine is empty. I often begin to blunt until i understand that i just need to reload.

Also i want to add something to things that Sharpless512 said:

21. It would be cool to see the scale of the map i mean meters per square, because it is difficult to understand how much is 400 meters (between fobs) on the map.

2. Make the spawnpoints more clear, (Sometimes the orange dot is covered under other icons)

Yeah the best icon is an icon for rally's, i think all icons where you can spawn on the map should be similar.