CMBelite-FR

Watching Streams: it's chaotic!!!!!

Well I've been watching streams as I couldn't play until this Friday and answering shitton of questions by the way. But it was painful to watch.

They didn't know which is the attack/defend flag

No communication

No teamplay

No tactics between squads

= they got slaughtered just like in this video

http://youtu.be/ugLqj2bmsbo

I think the Devs should have provided a manual....

I knowt that this was going to happen but now I'm shocked.

Anyway can't wait to be home this Friday to be a SL and lead these newcomers :)

I mean there is literally a picture of what the attack and defend flags look like when your loading... so idk lol

Indeed but that's some questions I've been answering ...

Its the first day, loads of players need to learn not only this game but this entire genre. It will only get better from today :D

It's the same for them now as it was for us when closed alpha launched. You can't expect people to just pick up the game and know enough about it to want to work together etc. Manual won't help with that, getting a good feel for the game will.

Today I was SL in a Squad on Fools Road with new people only and it was really awesome. First 10 minutes I showed them the basics, movement, compass, map and so on. Then we made it with some formations through the woods. We got some intense firefights, built a fob and they were so amazed and did everything I said. In the end we won the round. So I can really say there is HOPE :)

We are making diamonds here, guys. And the only way to make diamonds, is through pressure! Most will crumble, some will become diamonds. 

we did provide a manual. watching a few streams doesnt give the full story. 

I've personally played on 5 servers today (and observed on many more) and there has been good communication and diciplin when you take charge of a squad.

Not much worse than playing with you guys. Honestly in some cases much better diciplin cause there are far less egos among some of these and just willing to follow and learn if you point them in the right direction.

I've personally played on 5 servers today (and observed on many more) and there has been good communication and diciplin when you take charge of a squad.

Not much worse than playing with you guys. Honestly in some cases much better diciplin cause there are far less egos among some of these and just willing to follow and learn if you point them in the right direction.

hes talking about you socrates lol ;)

Servers (especially the Clan servers) should enforce mic requirement and teamwork from the start, should help people understand what this game is all about.

Haha I'll take that as a compliment lol

Poor guy, he's trying to keep cool on the stream but I know he is pissed deep down.

I'm not upset at all - I was having a great time. There is no reason to get upset over this game and it would not help the situation at all for me to get mad or yell at the other squads. If you watch, I will never say anything over direction or squad VOIP except encouraging them to move to the objectives and what not.

I also agree with what Z-trooper said: I was squad lead with a group of guys who were brand new - every single one - and they all wanted to learn and loved the game. With about 30 seconds of explanation, they were ready to rock and roll and took objectives like champions.

Z-trooper is on point with his observation, in my opinion.

Also, I'm not sure if this is you taking a shot at me or not...... I cannot tell in text without context... I would hope not. I am myself, obviously, on my stream and I will always be me, nothing more and nothing less.

Someone print this out on A0 and frame it. In fact, I might put it up in my office. 

Boy did I giggle.

I would also like to add.... this video shouldn't be used in the context of what he is discussing for one reason only: we lost... miserably miserably lost by over 100 tickets. Sure, I was able to kill a crap ton of these dudes, but I was by no means able to reverse the trend of the fight where we could not take that flag away from the enemy which is why I so desperately wanted them to get there. 

If anything, our team was a little less organized and, more so, just unable to break the line of the enemy. They consistently sent squads to flank our guys and broke up our assault almost every time: our guys tried to fight, but we lost. My squad, unfortunately, was a little more "scattered" if you will, and I was not the squad lead. 

According to this and because I did not really see anyone I recognized on my team or the other team, I would say the new guys are doing pretty darn well! Like many have said here, there is some learning to do and people will have a slight learning curve, but they are getting it.