I've noticed that a lot of people with intel processors have better FPS, can anyone tell me why AMD processors fail to handle squad well, and if there is a possible fix I can do or do soon?

Apparently the next update to Unreal will help out. Otherwise it's an optimization waiting game.

Don't have it on hand but something you can try is you have to lower the amount of total sound channels in some ini fix, you'll have to look it up on the forums or reddit :\

I have an AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0 Ghz. Black Edition, the biggest mistake of my gaming career. Intel for the win. It's not only Squad, AMD fails to handle anything apparently.

I have an AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0 Ghz. Black Edition, the biggest mistake of my gaming career. Intel for the win. It's not only Squad, AMD fails to handle anything apparently.

can't agree that, i have a Phenom II 965BE(with a bit OC that brings me 3,8GHz) together with a HD7870 2GB and yes i know its a old CPU and GPU

but most of Games are running fine on my Rig,

sure.. not evry new Title can i run with full Details, but its OK. i'm happy with Price-Performance-Comparsion :)

can't agree that, i have a Phenom II 965BE(with a bit OC that brings me 3,8GHz) together with a HD7870 2GB and yes i know its a old CPU and GPU

but most of Games are running fine on my Rig,

sure.. not evry new Title can i run with full Details, but its OK. i'm happy with Price-Performance-Comparsion :)

Well I have an AMD FX4100 Unlocked processor running stable at 3.6 base clock and I have a GTX 750ti with 2GB VRAM. Other games like Arma 3 run fine, but squad is different. And we all know how much Arma's engine sucks donkey balls. (and they still refuse to fix it)

I have the same and i can run the game over 60 fps without any issues on almost every game i have. Just because a game runs like trash on your computer does not mean all AMD CPU's are bad.

I have the same and i can run the game over 60 fps without any issues on almost every game i have. Just because a game runs like trash on your computer does not mean all AMD CPU's are bad.

I have the same  cpu with a 980 ti. I dont get 60 fps on full servers. What do you have that is different?

xQ2dATD.png

Change to 96 or 64 or 32 and that should help AMD users for now until Unreal can release a fix

File location is in C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor. Make sure you run the game so the file is created.

Going down to 64 made it worse. Going to try 32, but to be honest it didn't have max channels there until I added it myself. 

32 fixed it for me. 

I will never buy another AMD processor again... AMD are pure garbage for gaming...

Intel + Nvidia for my next build and I will never look back!!!!

Get a GSYNC monitor and 20 FPS will feel as good as 50-60fps.

Haha, I used to be AMD fan until I started playing BF2PR. For some reason all AMD radeon cards had glitch where random textures were missing in PR(FOB textures and some statics). Once I tried Nvidia, to my surprise everything was fine. Since then I use only NVidia and Intel. 

Don't buy anything AMD, they may be cheap in compare with intel and nvidia, but you enter the world of suffering and despair by buying them.

xQ2dATD.png

Change to 64 or 32 and that should help AMD users for now until Unreal can release a fix

I think it's better to stick this post even in the Steam forum... cause many users are requesting refund without trying this.

Maybe you can patch the game by setting default 32 channels with AMD processors until the UE fix.

I've noticed that a lot of people with intel processors have better FPS, can anyone tell me why AMD processors fail to handle squad well, and if there is a possible fix I can do or do soon?

Because it is cheap, inferior, old, tech brought to market by one of the worst companies in the not just the business, but the world. You get what you pay. You don't like having headaches or hassles? Stop being poor and get quality, well designed products from Intel and Nvidia. Real talk.

Get a GSYNC monitor and 20 FPS will feel as good as 50-60fps.

Everyday I have to explain this to gamers, over and over. It really doesn't get much better than an new Skylake i7-6700 or Haswell-E i7-5930K, Maxwell 980Ti/Titan-X, and a BenQ XL2420G. Butttterrrrr smooooth and pixel clarity to make those headshots count.

It wouldn't bother me if I found out that amd was just trash but the problem is audio. I know amd is not the quality of Intel but I'm sure it will be fine after its optimized.

I am not a fan of AMD, but I don't think it's trash. The hardware is ok, but the optimisation and drivers are the week spot. Every time nVidia have an issue, there are tons of people stating, that everyone should get AMD. Just wait for fixes and optimisation by Squad Devs and UE devs.

Im having major FPS drop from 50 down to like 6fps when ever there is gunfire or explosions..

Pretty much any sound...

PC Specs..

MSI Z87-GD65-Gaming Z87

Intel i5 4670K Running at 4G

Giel 8G DDR3 2133

2x MSI HD6870OC in Crossfire

OCZ SSD's