MDInteractive, you have a system with the specs below and no issues?

CPU: AMD 4.7 Ghz 8-Core FX-9590 Black Edition MOB: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 G3 GPU: ASUS R9 280 3GB Direct CU II TOP

Nope, runs great. See my graphics test on my channel on youtube? :) :)

FX-9590 tears through Squad like a hot knife through butter already in dx11 and unoptimized as hell.

2k. 4k. Wouldn't be a problem for the cpu. It has benchmarks vs Intel 8 core equal performance in many games at ultra high def. (With the Intel 8 core costing 4x more close to thousand dollars).

It's a insanely powerful cpu anyhow... just lacking the support/software to use the power in it.

Same with triple crossfire, triple sli.... etc.

Windows 7 or 8 were never designed and optimized for high core cpu systems.

(And I bet many folks still use it here?).

In fact Windows 7/8 is the worst os you can have for the fx bulldozer series.

Stop blaming AMD without real arguments and reasoning.

My own problem is that as soon as I get in on a map other than the training one, especially with a large number of players, it becomes a mess...

My own problem is that as soon as I get in on a map other than the training one, especially with a large number of players, it becomes a mess...

full specs? os? things like that we need to see what the bottleneck in your system is.

Also Squad is relatively new and early state... bad fps can mean little at this point.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 840 Processor

Manufacturer AMD

Speed 3.2 GHz

Number of Cores 4

Video Card AMD Radeon HD 5670

Manufacturer ATI

Chipset AMD Radeon HD 5670

Dedicated Memory 2.1 GB

Total Memory 3.7 GB

Memory 4.1 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Service Pack 1

Size 64 Bit

Edition Ultimate

Display Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1080

DVD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222AL ATA Device

CD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222AL ATA Device

Drive

Size 465.7 GB

Free 58.5 GB

so you blame AMD for buying a slow clocked Intel cpu that bottlenecks your system and 7800. (Which is a good card).

Blaming AMD to build a balanced system for a highly demanding pc game that is still in Alpha stage?

Come on ... sounds a bit unfair.

You need to overclock that 2.6 Ghz to have some better fps...

Tweak config... many ways... 

lol i dont even know what that means, i wish i did, lol! i dont know much about hardware except that i have issues that make it hard to play Squad and not any other game. 

plz tell me what overclocking the 2.6 means! im not blaming amd, i dont even understand the problem lol, and what tweak config mean?

so is my intel 2.6 processor the bottleneck?

thanks

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 840 Processor
Manufacturer AMD
Speed 3.2 GHz
Number of Cores 4
Manufacturer ATI
Dedicated Memory 2.1 GB
Total Memory 3.7 GB
Memory 4.1 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Service Pack 1
Size 64 Bit
Edition Ultimate
Drive
Size 465.7 GB
Free 58.5 GB

First of all I feel you need Windows 10 64 bit for stability and better support for multi core, everything fresh and newly installed drivers. You might be able to play then stable on decent settings in multiplayer without your current problems if for sure won't make it any worse then you have now.

See how it runs... You can upgrade for free yes? I think you can install Windows 10 on your system?

Then perhaps consider swapping both the cpu and gpu if your performance lacks and problems persist.

Squad is a very demanding game and will only get more demanding.

You might get better fps once it's optimized too.

Windows 7 is a dinosaur age os :) trust me I have been using it for years on my fx.

Yea, I am getting the offer to upgrade to Windows 10, but I am worried about doing it......

Would doing the upgrade remove all of my current softwares/games? Create problems with my game drivers?

Yea, I am getting the offer to upgrade to Windows 10, but I am worried about doing it......

Would doing the upgrade remove all of my current softwares/games? Create problems with my game drivers?

No it won't it will update everything and all your games will work if supported.

You will have a much faster os, smaller in size on c, with newest drivers and best system performance atm.

AMD systems need Windows 10 period there is no doubt ask them yourself.

Processor AMD Phenom™ II X4 840 Processor

Manufacturer AMD

Speed 3.2 GHz

Number of Cores 4

Manufacturer ATI

Dedicated Memory 2.1 GB

Total Memory 3.7 GB

Memory 4.1 GB

Service Pack 1

Size 64 Bit

Edition Ultimate

Drive

Size 465.7 GB

Free 58.5 GB

4 gig ram needs to be upgraded for sure. New games have some big textures.

Will try the update to Windows 10 and see how it goes.

IrOnTaXi, although I would rather not and I hope your fixes solve the problems, I do plan on a new desktop at the end of February.

The only question is whether I want to stay with AMD or switch to NVIDIA

No it won't it will update everything and all your games will work if supported.

You will have a much faster os, smaller in size on c, with newest drivers and best system performance atm.

AMD systems need Windows 10 period there is no doubt ask them yourself.

so i too should upgrade to windows 10 since i have amd graphics card?

so i too should upgrade to windows 10 since i have amd graphics card?

If your system is Windows 10 compatible. Yes it has the newest updates, minimal install size and runs way faster then Windows 7/8.

That is what I recommend. It sure won't hurt your system performance. W10 is lightning fast.

Before update smart thing to do or after update. (they might cause freezes, hangs in w10 cause of incompatibility).

1. Uninstall any old programs that might interfere or cause crashes. (Cpu monitoring, gpu monitoring, overclocking programs).

2. I recommend uninstall everything you don't need or isn't W10 ready (for stability reasons).

So uninstall everything that you can uninstall safely before update or after update.

3. Make sure once Windows 10 is installed you take the time to install all the latest updates/tresholds (this will require many restarts).

4. Then after it's fully updated. Turn of all the useless apps in system settings. (automatically on). Except the ones you need (mic, webcam).

5. Clean system, c, temp files.. whatever you can clean throw it off.. defrag and optimize drives if not SSD.

6. Install what you need after system is running well (if compatible) if Windows 10 hasn't automatically installed it but like I said above (watch out with gpu monitoring, cpu monitoring, overclocking programs etc).

CPUID HW monitor works fine to monitor your system temps etc though I am using it without any freezes, problems in Windows 10 64 Bit while intensive gaming for hours, rendering animations.

Good luck you will see once using W 10 that Windows 7 and 8 were ancient dinosaurs ready to retire. :)

I have an AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0 Ghz. Black Edition, the biggest mistake of my gaming career. Intel for the win. It's not only Squad, AMD fails to handle anything apparently.

Yeah I just switched from my 8350 to an Intel i7-5930k. What a difference. Even my 8350 at 5.2ghz in Squad was running poorly. And that was with excessive modding of the cfg's. I spent days on the Unreal Engine forums trying to figure what I could do to get it to run smoother. End Note: My 980ti Kingpin produces stupid extra frames for this game. I put my 290x Lightning back in and put the Kingpin back in the oc bench. Not sure what gpu you have but if youre going to change something change the cpu before considering gpu change

Yeah I just switched from my 8350 to an Intel i7-5930k. What a difference. Even my 8350 at 5.2ghz in Squad was running poorly. And that was with excessive modding of the cfg's. I spent days on the Unreal Engine forums trying to figure what I could do to get it to run smoother. End Note: My 980ti Kingpin produces stupid extra frames for this game. I put my 290x Lightning back in and put the Kingpin back in the oc bench. Not sure what gpu you have but if youre going to change something change the cpu before considering gpu change

if for Nvidia and Intel we'd still be using dx11 in 2050.

FX-8370 vs i7 5960x 8-Core in 4k gaming benchmarks for you.

http://www.technologyx.com/featured/amd-vs-intel-our-8-core-cpu-gaming-performance-showdown/5/

Their conclusion, 

we can see that AMD’s relatively low-priced FX-8370 is able to keep up, and even trade blows with Intel’s most powerful consumer desktop processor.

The fx can get you 20 million draw calls in directx 12. That is about 20x more then in DX11.

It's the graphical api's bottlenecking the cpu, nothing to do with AMD.

Actually it's probably Nvidia and Intel keeping dx11 ancient dinosaur life in the game to keep people buying 700 euro gpu's and 1000 dollar cpus for 25 fps difference.

Nvidia and Intel have a huge stake and gain by keeping everyone's pc very sluggish and not to let AMD take over their stock and market shares and to keep you paying maximum price for little gains in dx11 (every year).

What do you think? They are s.... scared for dx12.

AMD is actually the one helping gamers and implementing dx12 unlike Intel and Nvidia.

Get a GSYNC monitor and 20 FPS will feel as good as 50-60fps.

Will it really make that much of a difference? Im thinking about picking one up for myself since it would save me a bunch of problems with optimization with many games including Squad.

turn off radio chat or what ever its called in the audio options all the way at the bottom that improves my fps around 5

xQ2dATD.png

Change to 96 or 64 or 32 and that should help AMD users for now until Unreal can release a fix

File location is in C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor. Make sure you run the game so the file is created.

The highlighted text is not in my Engine.ini document plz help! I've put up with the lag for 15 hours now it's getting annoying.

if for Nvidia and Intel we'd still be using dx11 in 2050.

FX-8370 vs i7 5960x 8-Core in 4k gaming benchmarks for you.

http://www.technologyx.com/featured/amd-vs-intel-our-8-core-cpu-gaming-performance-showdown/5/

Their conclusion, 

we can see that AMD’s relatively low-priced FX-8370 is able to keep up, and even trade blows with Intel’s most powerful consumer desktop processor.

The fx can get you 20 million draw calls in directx 12. That is about 20x more then in DX11.

It's the graphical api's bottlenecking the cpu, nothing to do with AMD.

Actually it's probably Nvidia and Intel keeping dx11 ancient dinosaur life in the game to keep people buying 700 euro gpu's and 1000 dollar cpus for 25 fps difference.

Nvidia and Intel have a huge stake and gain by keeping everyone's pc very sluggish and not to let AMD take over their stock and market shares and to keep you paying maximum price for little gains in dx11 (every year).

What do you think? They are s.... scared for dx12.

AMD is actually the one helping gamers and implementing dx12 unlike Intel and Nvidia.

something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-FX-8370e-8-Core-Gaming-Computer-8-GB-DDR3-120-GB-SSD-WIFI-Win-10-/181881552632?hash=item2a58fc3ef8:g:zjUAAOSwsB9WBVEX ?

The highlighted text is not in my Engine.ini document plz help! I've put up with the lag for 15 hours now it's getting annoying.

If those Audio options aren't in your Engine.ini you are safe to add them yourself.

I wish AMD would just FLOP already, Nothing but rubbish cheap nasty poor drivers... Wait isn't there 2 drivers you need to install??!?!? useless. Go broke already! :P This thread makes me feel great! 

Edited by Nateoxide

I wish AMD would just FLOP already, Nothing but rubbish cheap nasty poor drivers... Wait isn't there 2 drivers you need to install??!?!? useless. Go broke already! :P This thread makes me feel great!

This has to be parody...

The advertisement is strong with you.

Yes indeed thanks to Intel and Nvidia we are still using ancient slug snail dinosaur DX11 api's in 2015.

We should be happy indeed like you say Nateo! lel NOT!

Don't worry too much about AMD. That won't ever happen.

They have huge contracts with all console game makers. All three.

These contracts are in the multi billions and trillions of dollars.

Nintendo. Microsoft. Sony.

Maybe you heard of these companies? You might not know them at all perhaps?  :D

And those cheap 8 core fx? They sell like hot breads at the moment and they will keep on selling finely cause they are fast as hell and beat most intels 2/3x as costly at stock clocks.

lel yeah this thread is making me feel great responding to this kind of funny posts from silly haters!  :D

At least AMD doesn't sell you 3.5 GB as 4 GB. Hahahaha. That would be Nvidia.

Well, I just tried the game with the new update.

I have to give credit where credit is due. The devs have fixed something. It is still not where it should be, but it was somewhat better.

I am still lagging like crazy whenever bunched up in buildings or next to a bunch of teammates, but again, I have to give the devs credit: it is somewhat better.

Hope they continue to release such patches