Damn, more Nvidia/Intel fanboys here then I expected ... on the CPU side yeah, over the last few years (~7) AMD has been pretty much under Intel, that why I have an Intel, but on the GPU side it trade hits with Nvidia, it's just that Nvidia has way better marketing and more $ .

Damn, more Nvidia/Intel fanboys here then I expected ... on the CPU side yeah, over the last few years (~7) AMD has been pretty much under Intel, that why I have an Intel, but on the GPU side it trade hits with Nvidia, it's just that Nvidia has way better marketing and more $ .

This has nothing to do with fanboy-ism, you just stated the fact that AMD CPUs suck compared to Intel CPUs yourself.

When AMD goes down and you have to pay 3 times what you are paying now for an Nvidia card, you will wish you didnt bad mouth AMD so much. That said, I have an AMD GPU and im having issues also.

If AMD goes down it's not us (the buyers) who should be blamed, but AMD, giving us buyers no valid reason to buy a less capable CPU over a more capable one.

The only problem I have is that people say it in such a way that they make AMD look like shit, yes in CPU bounded games their CPUs suck compared to intel but in non cpu bound games they are decent and not as expensive, so for people who are not hardcore gamers AMD is a viable solution, And also people seem to forget that once AMD had better cpus then intel, even though it was for a short period of time, whilst on the GPU side I see AMD just as worthy as Nvidia if not more since they have also propelled the industry forward.

Yes, AMD is great when you're on a budget. I'm really looking forward to their new line of Zen CPUs and hope that the competition will stay.

Yes, AMD is great when you're on a budget. I'm really looking forward to their new line of Zen CPUs and hope that the competition will stay.

Exacty, us gamers will profit more than anyone if they manage to release a CPU that will trade hits with Skylake or even better beat it (I don't think this will happen), prices will drop a lot and Intel will have to release something better :) .

I think you guys need to start slamming amd and epic games with threads looking for performance answers. Would be interesting to see how they react to a little heat.

I think you guys need to start slamming amd and epic games with threads looking for performance answers. Would be interesting to see how they react to a little heat.

Your will, my hands

ok that sounded kinda gay

The only think is sure is that AMD driver sucks, for exemple with nvidia when R6s released on the 1st, well were got the new driver on the 1st as well. With amd WE cant wait a long time and May not perform well.

AMD rant over

I have an AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0 Ghz. Black Edition, the biggest mistake of my gaming career. Intel for the win. It's not only Squad, AMD fails to handle anything apparently.

I have the same thing, having the same problem, Biggest mistake for me 2 :( Going to look for new processor soon lol

Here to shut the negative AMD talkers up!

FX-9590 and single R9 280 here... (Asus r9 280 directcu II stock speeds mind you!)

1920x1080 all epic settings, (incl aa, af, epic shadows) :o 150 game resolution and recording in 1920x1080 60 fps on Kohat Valley and lots of players. . . and still 20 to 30 fps :) :D :D

So, Epic messed up with their engine, making AMD cpu/gpu's struggle. So now its AMD's fault? People can't be this stupid right? :wacko:

Got a 4 year old CPU, a AMD FX 8150 (8 core), 16 gig of ram, AMD Radeon R9 290x 4 gig card and get 60 on pretty much everything, only when their are over 70 players or its a a map with allot of trees and such like Fools Road it goes down to 40. 

At the moment shadows are also a framerate eater so lower those!

So, Epic messed up with their engine, making AMD cpu/gpu's struggle. So now its AMD's fault? People can't be this stupid right? :wacko:

Got a 4 year old CPU, a AMD FX 8150 (8 core), 16 gig of ram, AMD Radeon R9 290x 4 gig card and get 60 on pretty much everything, only when their are over 70 players or its a a map with allot of trees and such like Fools Road it goes down to 40. 

At the moment shadows are also a framerate eater so lower those!

ya that 290 is a beast... should of bought it myself but happy with my 280 too. Nice system.

Lots of negative talk here and amd bashing for no reason.

AMD puts out comparable CPU and GPU offerings, but no doubt Intel and NVIDIA run better with many games.  No problems yet on Squad with my wife's FX 6300 paired with a 280, or my i5 4690k paired with an MSI 390.  People have to temper expectations, a new system roughly $1000 USD is budget, $2000 advanced, $3000 enthusiast.  Do a job with the right tool.

First post on this forum, i was getting lock ups from 30fps down to 6fps with any movement or gunfire. 

my specs are: 

AMD-FX8350

8gbs ddr3 1600

Nvidia GTX960

@1080p 

i went into power management settings, and enabled "performance mode" which unparks CPU cores after i noticed UE4 failing to utilize 3 of my cores, i saw an immediate 15 fps increase on epic, no lockups and i'm maintaining 50-60fps on low pop servers with medium settings and dips to 25 at the lowest with an average of 30+ on high pop servers with medium graphics settings and 100% res scaling. 

i know 30fps or so isn't ideal, especially for a first person shooter, but it's playable now at least. and i'm hoping further optimization will bring most of us with budget rigs up to or around the 60fps mark as i have no problems running most triple A titles at 60fps on high or better settings. 

If you bought an AMD processor any time post Sandy Bridge you spent money on an inferior chip. I love AMD but almost everything they've put out in nearly half a decade has been largely uncompetitive save for a few niche APU products. Raw performance wise Intel has a massive core for core advantage and will beat a comparable AMD chip nine times out of ten. 

The last truly competitive architecture AMD was working with was the Phenom II way back when, and even then Intel had a performance lead. AMD just offered chips that were good enough to compete at much lower prices. Intel has held the performance crown since the Core 2 Duo launch in 2006! 

All hopes for AMD are resting with Zen next year, which is going to truly be a make or break launch for the company. 

AMD is still going tit for tat with Nvidia in the graphics department though. If Zen fails and AMD goes bankrupt expect their graphics division to spin off into a new, relatively healthy entity. They could call it ATI lol. 

If you bought an AMD processor any time post Sandy Bridge you spent money on an inferior chip. I love AMD but almost everything they've put out in nearly half a decade has been largely uncompetitive save for a few niche APU products. Raw performance wise Intel has a massive core for core advantage and will beat a comparable AMD chip nine times out of ten. 

The last truly competitive architecture AMD was working with was the Phenom II way back when, and even then Intel had a performance lead. AMD just offered chips that were good enough to compete at much lower prices. Intel has held the performance crown since the Core 2 Duo launch in 2006! 

All hopes for AMD are resting with Zen next year, which is going to truly be a make or break launch for the company. 

AMD is still going tit for tat with Nvidia in the graphics department though. If Zen fails and AMD goes bankrupt expect their graphics division to spin off into a new, relatively healthy entity. They could call it ATI lol. 

Spoken like a true Intel fanboy. However, I run my games perfectly fine with my FX-8370.

That out of the way... anyone know where to locate this Engine.ini file? Not anywhere in my Squad folder and I don't have a Documents folder for Squad.

Spoken like a true Intel fanboy. However, I run my games perfectly fine with my FX-8370.

That out of the way... anyone know where to locate this Engine.ini file? Not anywhere in my Squad folder and I don't have a Documents folder for Squad.

c > users > ( main user ) > appdata > local > squad ?

c > users > ( main user ) > appdata > local > squad ?

Doesn't exist for me. I have:

Default.migrated

DefaultAppPool

Home

Public

-Sons Folder-

None of them have a Squad folder.

It's no fanboy thing, I would buy an AMD chip again in a heartbeat if they performed like they used to. Back in the day AMD gave you a great chip that was at worst just as fast as its Intel counterpart and often faster. The glory days of the Athlon XP/64/X2 can't be remembered fondly enough. 

Then Intel took the lead again and for a while AMD gave you a chip that wasn't as fast as the Intel, but it was pretty close and you could get some extra cores for a lot less money over a cheap Intel. Those chips were also worth buying, I rocked a Phenom II X4 for a long time.

Then Bulldozer tanked and Intel got its last huge performance boost with Sandy Bridge right at the same time. They've done what they can with this architecture but Intel just kicks AMD around at all price points for raw core performance. If you have some niche need for more cores on a budget or the nice APU graphics then AMD might have an offering that is attractive to you with the caveat that it will run hotter and suck quite a bit more juice than an Intel. 

If Zen comes along and hits that price/performance sweet spot that they had with the Phenom II without eating too much power I'll be buying AMD again because I loved their stuff so much back in the day and I hate having to pay so much for Intel chips. It was nice back when AMD kept Intel honest in the price department through actual competition. 

Doesn't exist for me. I have:

Default.migrated

DefaultAppPool

Home

Public

-Sons Folder-

None of them have a Squad folder.

It's a hidden folder. Show hidden folders in your folder > view options > hidden filder and folders (enable to show).

If have Windows 10 can also just set it to show in your view options when you explore.

It's a hidden folder. Show hidden folders in your folder > view options > hidden filder and folders (enable to show).

If have Windows 10 can also just set it to show in your view options when you explore.

Everything in "Users" is visible (not hidden). There's no Squad folder under any of those other folders.

I found it... the folder was hidden even though the parent folder was set to show hidden folders. I don't see that line of text in it though... so I'll just add it.