TheScottishOperator

Inevitability of Squeakers, 'Run-and-gun'ers & minors and How to deal with them.

It is inevitable, now that the game has just been released as Early Access on Steam and the increase in advertising and media coverage via YouTubers, that new and young gamers join the field with little to no tactical and strategic gaming experience.

This can quickly become irritating to the more mature members (roughly 17+) who wish to play the game as intended - incorporating communication and teamwork, instead of individuals playing a 'Call of Duty' styled run-and-gun. 

On top of this, (without being offensive) younger players very often ruin games and their immersion with typically high-pitched voices and immature behaviour.

This thread is asking how maturer players can handle this and as communication and teamwork is of extreme importance in Squad, how the developers and community are planning to adapt and handle this.

Thank you.

really simple, tell them what they are doing wrong by pointing it out not just saying 'OI DICKHEAD! play the game or piss off to Call of duty'

teach them, get them in your squad and not being a dickhead about it!

if they continue to be stupid and such an admin will handle it the way they see fit, till then teach dont force!

really simple, tell them what they are doing wrong by pointing it out not just saying 'OI DICKHEAD! play the game or piss off to Call of duty'

if they continue to be stupid and such an admin will handle it the way they see fit, till then teach dont force!

"Sir my voice can't go any..."

"DEEPER SON! I WON'T ACCEPT ANY BETTER UNTIL I HAVE BARRY WHITE AS MY MEDIC"

lol...

Very well said. Didnt stop to think that people can change quicker if you teach them.

They'll kick themselves out pretty soon before anyone has to. That style of gameplay simply does not mix with this community, and nor is the game designed for it either. They'll weed themselves out when they find it far too frustrating to play; so they'll either adapt or leave. 

They'll kick themselves out pretty soon before anyone has to. That style of gameplay simply does not mix with this community, and nor is the game designed for it either. They'll weed themselves out when they find it far too frustrating to play; so they'll either adapt or leave. 

pretty much this, the people who want to adapt will ask questions, the ones who don't will probably get a refund within the first 2-3 games.

(I did this for Red Orchestra, just wasn't my cup of tea and I got confused so i just got a refund cause I wasn't having fun)

We gotta lead the way and show them how it is done... Yes sadly we will face some of those run and guns but when i am leading (yes even before ea we have running and gunning)  i give them a warning if they do not follow... boom kicked for people who want to actually play the game with the Squad. So yes i might be a bit aggrivating if their voice is a bit annoying but give them the benifit of the doubt and you never know they could learn some thing from watching us vets at work!

on the topic of squeakers:

i used to really dislike them. but the disparity here wasn't necessarily the sound of their voice, i realized it was simply the maturity level. there are many younger tykes scrambling about the gaming arena nowadays and it's just a matter of fact. i managed to get over it and welcome them once i found ways to level with the ones who just genuinely wanted to have fun with the rest of us. 

and i'm glad i did, because had the older guys that played SOCOM 2: US Navy SEALs treated me like shit back when i played it religiously, i probably wouldn't have had nearly as much fun as i did and not gotten into more teamwork-based shooters like Squad. when SOCOM 3 came out, i ended up meeting a guy who gave me his pre-paid credit card info just to 'verify' my SOCOM account so i could join his clan. total stranger. but he thought i was a cool kid and i was willing and able to play as a team and be a good team member. 

so you never know what a kid will really be like til you at least give em a chance. 

and often times they need to see, directly, how great the experience can be. firsthand. so leading by example offers this opportunity. one of our members, xXMeowXx, is a pretty young killer -- but he's very mature for his age and a fantastic team member.

lead by example.

^ This!

That and a good dose of empathy. Share their pain, be light-hearted, be helpful, be inclusive, make it fun.

It's our job to make the first few days of 'death simulator' as pleasant as possible. I am sure a lot of them will pick things up quicker than we give them credit for. As for "squeakers", well, their money is just as good as ours at the end of the day. :)

GO SQUAD! o7 o7 o7 o7

I am 14 years of age, I love project reality, I came too it because I hated cod and battlefield 3/4 because there was no teamwork, so I came to PR and thought, I found the perfect game, I preordered squad and cant wait to play, im not a run and gunner at all. I love tactical gameplay. so I ask you this, please do not stereo type me and not take me seriously thinking I cant play these types of games because I can and I love it. see you on the field

Minors should be instructed to impersonate "Females" this will distract so-crates so he doesn't have time for thread creating.

Squeakers are people too just be polite and patient with them.

Im a young player, but im not like a cod fan or any type of games like that, I played pr and I follow orders, I dont talk when I dont have to (ofc I do when I see enemys or other things like that).

I've found it pretty easy to work with younger players in games by just treating them like people, telling them what to do and commenting in a non-aggressive way when they're not doing it.

You'd be surprised how quickly people will get into the right mindset if you're not screaming at them because of their voice.

teach them how to play and guide them so they can pass it on to their friends, try to mend the generation of gamers that broke competitive cooperative gaming. everyone needs to do their part

If everyone feels like that they should put a strict age limit rule combined with the steam information.

Glad not many people feel that way though