bumfluff

Please no raised weapon as default

413 posts in this topic
39 minutes ago, Peerun said:

Depends what you mean by "auto weapon lower system".
The PR "system" is not that, it's simply having different animations for 1st and 3rd person.
I don't really see a point in having weapon lowering, if it doesn't affect first person.

Even if it was the way PR did it, it would be a lot better than people currently running around with stiff arms in my opinion. Makes everything just look so stiff and bland from my perspective.. also makes the game feel like it's a constant rush, run and gun fest because all everyone looks like they're doing is running with their weapon up like in most casual shooters.

It's a nice bit of added visual candy that can help relax people and give them something else to look at other than a guy with his weapon up 100% of the time (of course I know it goes down when sprinting). There's more points to it, but outside of it just looking more relaxed and natural it's a case of you either like seeing it or you don't.

I believe the devs said at one point in the past few months that they're going to have separate 1st person and 3rd person animations so they could do different things. The sauce for that is buried somewhere in one of the Discord servers.

26 minutes ago, Assifuah said:

Even if it was the way PR did it, it would be a lot better than people currently running around with stiff arms in my opinion. Makes everything just look so stiff and bland from my perspective.. also makes the game feel like it's a constant rush, run and gun fest because all everyone looks like they're doing is running with their weapon up like in most casual shooters.

It's a nice bit of added visual candy that can help relax people and give them something else to look at other than a guy with his weapon up 100% of the time (of course I know it goes down when sprinting). There's more points to it, but outside of it just looking more relaxed and natural it's a case of you either like seeing it or you don't.

I believe the devs said at one point in the past few months that they're going to have separate 1st person and 3rd person animations so they could do different things. The sauce for that is buried somewhere in one of the Discord servers.

I completely agree. Also, the game will look ALOT more polished when they fix this. I assume its on Developer list, because it looks and feels from the outside its a must on "to do list". To some its just a small detail, but to some its huge. We are looking forward to the change.

On the other hand it makes people look like they are on their guard all the time, when they have their gun up when clearing compounds etc.
Don't get me wrong I am not arguing against weapon lowering, but...
BURIED SOMEWHERE IN A DISCORD SERVER "...we want to have matching animations for 1st and 3rd person"
Which would mean that, if weapon lowering is added, then if you see someone with his rifle down, he will be seeing his rifle down, too. Which would be great - but still no word on whether it'll be in-game or not, ever, afaik.

8 hours ago, Peerun said:

On the other hand it makes people look like they are on their guard all the time

Fun fact is it's raised when someone looks down their sights too.

I'd much rather rifles be at the low ready most of the time.

13 hours ago, Peerun said:

On the other hand it makes people look like they are on their guard all the time, when they have their gun up when clearing compounds etc.
Don't get me wrong I am not arguing against weapon lowering, but...
BURIED SOMEWHERE IN A DISCORD SERVER "...we want to have matching animations for 1st and 3rd person"
Which would mean that, if weapon lowering is added, then if you see someone with his rifle down, he will be seeing his rifle down, too. Which would be great - but still no word on whether it'll be in-game or not, ever, afaik.

Here is the word, we are planning on weapon lowering with the new animation system.

I have seen prototypes, talked to the animators about it, and even did some filming with our Lead Animator recently for it.

Tada!

my 2 cents:

+1 for the separate 1st person and 3rd person animations
PR FTW

9 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

Here is the word, we are planning on weapon lowering with the new animation system.

I have seen prototypes, talked to the animators about it, and even did some filming with our Lead Animator recently for it.

Tada!

That is awesome news! It's great to have that extra bit of vision when you're outside of combat, and it'll look great to boot!

Can we also mention how crawling prone makes seeing impossible? What happened to prone crawling with your gun cradled in your elbows? I'm trying to imagine prone crawling with both hands on the gun while it's pointed in front of you.

4 hours ago, Crowmium said:

Can we also mention how crawling prone makes seeing impossible? What happened to prone crawling with your gun cradled in your elbows? I'm trying to imagine prone crawling with both hands on the gun while it's pointed in front of you.

Yes.
gieb V10 pls

On 22/04/2017 at 3:36 AM, SgtRoss said:

Tada!

Get in...The Man has spoken "Case Closed"

On ‎2015‎-‎03‎-‎16 at 0:00 AM, paul_onesix said:

not sure how this feature would play out, im good with whatever as long as it doesnt FEEL clunky like arma.

if some guy pops out of a doorway 10m infront of me i should be able to mash my mouse button and have rounds down range instantly. other than that make it look however you want, this is a video game not the most perfectly perfect war simulator ever.

You realize that video games are much more of a waste of time and a waste of life and all you have to do is be ingenious enough to figure out a simple enough control scheme that allows for the greatest variety of movements a player can make, then it doesn't have to be a game or a Mil Sim, it can be something better. Its not about being a Mil Sim because the reality of a Mil Sim is that its for military training, not just to experiment and have fun with lots of random people online. Think about it more as a Life Sim, for regular people, where we can run around, group up, make friends/OPFOR and use weapons and equipment in a realistic virtual environment where the only thing directing people is the players themselves and their individual behaviour, like the "groups" in The Walking Dead, if you've ever seem that, where people use their actual personalities and preferences to form groups, that would create fun scenarios where one group takes a building from another, one group raids another groups hilltop base/ect, without being annoyingly bound to little circles that change color, those useless "domination" style game modes have been used for like 20 years, its time to move on and just give the players the freedom to decide what they want to do, be it control an area, take everyone out..ect.

There doesn't even have to be teams or factions because that wastes time for the devs, what if we just spawned in hidden areas at the beginning of the game and used proximity voice to decide who we want to stick with/sync radios with and then from there just battle over an area like a town or a certain nice building or a certain hilltop that's nice to control with your group.  

The whole concept of "video games" is dead in the water because you're just wasting your time for something that's not actually rewarding in any way. If you make the whole game free roam in a town or village with no objectives then the players could have the freedom to do what they want, and the devs could just focus on figuring out the most enjoyable way for a person to control a virtual person with a keyboard and mouse, its much simpler than you think. 

On 2017-6-23 at 10:29 AM, PrimeEleven said:

You realize that video games are much more of a waste of time and a waste of life and all you have to do is be ingenious enough to figure out a simple enough control scheme that allows for the greatest variety of movements a player can make, then it doesn't have to be a game or a Mil Sim, it can be something better. Its not about being a Mil Sim because the reality of a Mil Sim is that its for military training, not just to experiment and have fun with lots of random people online. Think about it more as a Life Sim, for regular people, where we can run around, group up, make friends/OPFOR and use weapons and equipment in a realistic virtual environment where the only thing directing people is the players themselves and their individual behaviour, like the "groups" in The Walking Dead, if you've ever seem that, where people use their actual personalities and preferences to form groups, that would create fun scenarios where one group takes a building from another, one group raids another groups hilltop base/ect, without being annoyingly bound to little circles that change color, those useless "domination" style game modes have been used for like 20 years, its time to move on and just give the players the freedom to decide what they want to do, be it control an area, take everyone out..ect.

There doesn't even have to be teams or factions because that wastes time for the devs, what if we just spawned in hidden areas at the beginning of the game and used proximity voice to decide who we want to stick with/sync radios with and then from there just battle over an area like a town or a certain nice building or a certain hilltop that's nice to control with your group.  

The whole concept of "video games" is dead in the water because you're just wasting your time for something that's not actually rewarding in any way. If you make the whole game free roam in a town or village with no objectives then the players could have the freedom to do what they want, and the devs could just focus on figuring out the most enjoyable way for a person to control a virtual person with a keyboard and mouse, its much simpler than you think. 

So you want Squad to be DayZ? Sorry to say, but this game is NEVER going to be anything like what you just described.