bumfluff

Please no raised weapon as default

411 posts in this topic
39 minutes ago, Peerun said:


Depends what you mean by "auto weapon lower system".
The PR "system" is not that, it's simply having different animations for 1st and 3rd person.
I don't really see a point in having weapon lowering, if it doesn't affect first person.

 

Even if it was the way PR did it, it would be a lot better than people currently running around with stiff arms in my opinion. Makes everything just look so stiff and bland from my perspective.. also makes the game feel like it's a constant rush, run and gun fest because all everyone looks like they're doing is running with their weapon up like in most casual shooters.

 

It's a nice bit of added visual candy that can help relax people and give them something else to look at other than a guy with his weapon up 100% of the time (of course I know it goes down when sprinting). There's more points to it, but outside of it just looking more relaxed and natural it's a case of you either like seeing it or you don't.

 

I believe the devs said at one point in the past few months that they're going to have separate 1st person and 3rd person animations so they could do different things. The sauce for that is buried somewhere in one of the Discord servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Assifuah said:

 

Even if it was the way PR did it, it would be a lot better than people currently running around with stiff arms in my opinion. Makes everything just look so stiff and bland from my perspective.. also makes the game feel like it's a constant rush, run and gun fest because all everyone looks like they're doing is running with their weapon up like in most casual shooters.

 

It's a nice bit of added visual candy that can help relax people and give them something else to look at other than a guy with his weapon up 100% of the time (of course I know it goes down when sprinting). There's more points to it, but outside of it just looking more relaxed and natural it's a case of you either like seeing it or you don't.

 

I believe the devs said at one point in the past few months that they're going to have separate 1st person and 3rd person animations so they could do different things. The sauce for that is buried somewhere in one of the Discord servers.


I completely agree. Also, the game will look ALOT more polished when they fix this. I assume its on Developer list, because it looks and feels from the outside its a must on "to do list". To some its just a small detail, but to some its huge. We are looking forward to the change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand it makes people look like they are on their guard all the time, when they have their gun up when clearing compounds etc.
Don't get me wrong I am not arguing against weapon lowering, but...
BURIED SOMEWHERE IN A DISCORD SERVER "...we want to have matching animations for 1st and 3rd person"
Which would mean that, if weapon lowering is added, then if you see someone with his rifle down, he will be seeing his rifle down, too. Which would be great - but still no word on whether it'll be in-game or not, ever, afaik.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Peerun said:

On the other hand it makes people look like they are on their guard all the time

Fun fact is it's raised when someone looks down their sights too.

I'd much rather rifles be at the low ready most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Peerun said:

On the other hand it makes people look like they are on their guard all the time, when they have their gun up when clearing compounds etc.
Don't get me wrong I am not arguing against weapon lowering, but...
BURIED SOMEWHERE IN A DISCORD SERVER "...we want to have matching animations for 1st and 3rd person"
Which would mean that, if weapon lowering is added, then if you see someone with his rifle down, he will be seeing his rifle down, too. Which would be great - but still no word on whether it'll be in-game or not, ever, afaik.

 

Here is the word, we are planning on weapon lowering with the new animation system.

 

I have seen prototypes, talked to the animators about it, and even did some filming with our Lead Animator recently for it.

 

Tada!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

Here is the word, we are planning on weapon lowering with the new animation system.

 

I have seen prototypes, talked to the animators about it, and even did some filming with our Lead Animator recently for it.

 

Tada!

 

That is awesome news! It's great to have that extra bit of vision when you're outside of combat, and it'll look great to boot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we also mention how crawling prone makes seeing impossible? What happened to prone crawling with your gun cradled in your elbows? I'm trying to imagine prone crawling with both hands on the gun while it's pointed in front of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Crowmium said:

Can we also mention how crawling prone makes seeing impossible? What happened to prone crawling with your gun cradled in your elbows? I'm trying to imagine prone crawling with both hands on the gun while it's pointed in front of you.


Yes.
gieb V10 pls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/04/2017 at 3:36 AM, SgtRoss said:

Here is the word, we are planning on weapon lowering with the new animation system.

 

I have seen prototypes, talked to the animators about it, and even did some filming with our Lead Animator recently for it.

 

Tada!

 

Get in...The Man has spoken "Case Closed"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now