bumfluff

Please no raised weapon as default

Perhaps the biggest issue for me that would seperate this game from other more game orientated shooters is the issue of having a raised weapon all the time.

Think about it. You imagine trying to run with a weapon aimed. It's impossible. Likewise, your arms would get tired if you had your weapon up all the time.

I reckon if the developers really want to make this game different from all the rest you should have to click your mouse once to bring your weapon to bear. Or something like that. And you would get fatigued if it was at ready all time time.

My two cents.cheers.

This was one of the little things I liked about Op. Flashpoint: Red River. If you hadn't fired your gun in a while your guy would drop his weapon down into a walking stance.

+1. It really does make sense from a realism standpoint, and would be a relatively easy feature to implement

As long as it's an automatic animation thing that happens automatically after a certain period of LMB/RMB not being pressed and automatically gets raised when you hipfire/ADS, then yeah I can see it working.

I personally feel like it shouldn't be a thing if it gets assigned to do manually. Especially with the arm tiring thing, because a lot of times in close quarters you'd pretty much have your weapon permanently shouldered and be penalised for it (less able to shoot longer ranged due to weapon sway or whatever) whereas in an open environment, taking a knee or going prone is going to be more advantageous anyway (due to the longer distances/smaller profile/steadier firing position)so the arm tiredness isn't going to be affecting you as much if at all (you don't run round a dessert in high ready).

If anything, it's nerfing a CQB teams ability to do anything other than CQB and only slightly irritating them during CQB.

I don't want to see it manually, but if there's a way to get it up reasonably fast (that's what she said) to fire, there's no reason your soldier shouldn't lower his(/her?) gun/spawn with it lowered.

i would hate for it to be automatic and not manueally, just imagine walking into that compound with a lowered weapon... *ugly*

i would hate for it to be automatic and not manueally, just imagine walking into that compound with a lowered weapon... *ugly*

But the lower/raise weapon thing in ArmA is horrible and no one use it. The only purpose it serves is that you forget what button raised your weapon. If you want to raise your weapon just ADS, and it will stay raised for the next 5 minutes or so.

But the lower/raise weapon thing in ArmA is horrible and no one use it. The only purpose it serves is that you forget what button raised your weapon. If you want to raise your weapon just ADS, and it will stay raised for the next 5 minutes or so.

I play in a huge Arma 3 Community with almost 100 People, we have missions with 50+ people and we always use it... but this is just my personal opinion that it is a great feature.

This was one of the little things I liked about Op. Flashpoint: Red River. If you hadn't fired your gun in a while your guy would drop his weapon down into a walking stance.

I never played this game. Could you explain more?

What if you needed to hipfire? It can't really be automatic then if your weapon is lowered and facing the ground. If the weapon was lowered and facing forwards it would make more sense (but is it realistic?), but if the former is the case then you would need a button.

I play in a huge Arma 3 Community with almost 100 People, we have missions with 50+ people and we always use it... but this is just my personal opinion that it is a great feature.

Id doesn't even do anything in arma does it? 0.o

It'd play better and be more immersive if it was a idle animation of sorts. As for hip fire it could just lift the weapon automatically when you lmb?

When I was watching the Bluedrake gameplay of squad, when he sprints, the weapon is not visible. Is this what you are talking about?

We're talking about going from this:

http://www.everycitizenasoldier.org/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/positions/.pond/S_UFP.jpg.w300h400.jpg9/

to this:

http://www.everycitizenasoldier.org/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/positions/R_patrol.jpg

It should be like arma, where you can press a key to lower or raise your weapon. If you click to fire and your weapon is down it automatically comes up.

I vote no. If you are not in a firefight you are running (holding shift) which in that case your weapon is down. When you encounter or have a feeling of encountering an enemy you stop running and of course, it automatically raises your weapon.

There's never going to be a time where you want to walk and have your weapon down.

Talking about shooting position to low ready. Don't really see the point in video game design to add the low ready, but that's my opinion.

Hey guys, did you know I like Insurgency? /s

But really, are we talking about ADS?(Aim Down Sights) Cause Insurgency has a couple options for ADS. you can bind a key for toggling, so that you click once and it keeps your sights up until you run/jump. Or, you can just hold RMB to ADS. going any lower than chest-harness/handled doesnt make sense, and allowing the ADS to be either momentary or toggle makes everyone happy. Re-bind it as you will.

But really, are we talking about ADS?(Aim Down Sights)

No, in most games you hold your rifle in a standard shooting position. which looks kind of wonky for the realism guys etc. So we're talking about an animation for the weapon to be in low ready position (my last post has images showing the difference between a firing position and low ready/patrol cary).

So the idea is, you're in low ready until you press a button (whether it be dedicated or RMB/LMB to aim/shoot) where the character model raises the gun to the shoulder. Looks better fro those patrolling or not shooting :)