IrOnTaXi

Fools Road Feedback - Bugs and Issues (no theories, ideas or opinions)

http://www.twitch.tv/the_fire_truck/v/57265144

http://www.twitch.tv/the_fire_truck/v/57265797

http://www.twitch.tv/the_fire_truck/v/57266275

The first two are glitches on the walls at the new Mine Entrance. The last is a much smaller issue with jumping and small rocks. It seems the rocks are rendering taller than they actually are. Sorry that there isn't a map dictating the location of the 3rd video, I didn't realize where I could report bugs until now. However, I will be posting more that I find as I play since I can look back to the VODs and pull them from highlights.

Yesterday in Fool's Road, Ambient gunfire/firefight at (India-9 -- keypad 7), 2 squads chasing ghosts.  Quite funny actually, probably would've won the match but that's how it goes some times.

1 hour ago, chaz69 said:

Yesterday in Fool's Road, Ambient gunfire/firefight at (India-9 -- keypad 7), 2 squads chasing ghosts.  Quite funny actually, probably would've won the match but that's how it goes some times.

This is not a map-related bug, but a bug that is present on all maps. It is a known bug, however, we know what it's linked to and how to reproduce it. Fixing it might be a bit more difficult, but we are aware of this bug.

It (the 'ghost' sound souce) might show up in the far southeast corner of OP First Light, as you mentioned around i9 for Fool's Road, down the hill to the east-southeast  of District Center on Logar, somewhere in the center of the map for Kohat (northwest of the southern US spawn and southwest from the northern US spawn), and I honestly have no clue about Sumari. If you hear suspicious and gunfire coming from those sources (if no friendlies are around anywhere there on the map), you can usually ignore those sounds.

lol yea I just assumed it was a misplaced or dump area like you find in some Arma maps, where someone placed an Ambient firefight/Artillery barrage.

Couple i found today IronTaxi :)

Some floating ferns and a rock break.

floating%20ferns.jpg

rock%20break.jpg

This wall at Mine Entrance is a bit wacky, I couldn't walk through part of the doorway I am facing, and my squadmate could walk straight through the wall.

s7j9G0o.jpg

[V5.2]

A floating rock and a wood log

nvp85.jpg

Trash are flickering inside that house

122dwjp.jpg

Floating grass

1zco8ev.jpg

qnvb09.jpg

Floating wood log

umu79.jpg

One of the mother's nature miracle :D

vy4ods.jpg

I climbed on the roof of that house as shown below:

2gt9a89.jpg

I've pressed the prone button and appeared underneath the roof and got stuck:

2n6hnqu.jpg

Edited by mastah4

V5.2 Wall Breach. (You can pop up into the building by pressing space).

Edited by SpamazoR

I wish to report a small to medium sized partially moss covered rock floatie, and thank the bastage who shot me while i was taking this ss...

:P

FLOATING%20ROCK.jpg

Had a spawn Bug today, Squadleader placed a Spawn point inside the hut north east of hilltop in Golf 3 Keypad 3 (on the map the point was in the most east corner) if we spawned there we dropped like 10 meters in the air in India 9 Key 7 (i believe we had a spawn point near that before we placed the new one in the hut.)

Forgive me if these have already been posted (haven't checked the entire thread), but I've found these issues:

Two seams in the walls on Fool's Road. When I saw them, they definitely gave me an advantage over the enemy as I could see them advance on that side of the compound (the bottom medic looking south in the first pic, and the left medic looking north in the second):

79FCD5E999C37FA8632A8C7BEFC5FADB456150E2

DE0ECBD3AB0A663ADCBAC1B828A69C47BF6C4E22

If you walk forward here, you keep getting stuck in invisible little corners against the wooden log in front of me in the image. Needs some touching up / smoothing so you can walk over stuff better without clipping (the medic in the middle of the map):

C9E88C801068194D4CF6940E6252A5483E079E65

Rock floating in the air (not sure if this was a one-off bug but I'd think not):

250596D0968A2DA07DB666A75795D5929B999689

And I also saw that seam in geometry reported before:

23569F648395CD970808FC81F66146B16F249555

Edited by Oni_Shinobi

On the coal mine flag there are rocks that can be glitched through. They are on the western hill that elevates from the dirt road into the trees of the surrounding rideline. Players can lay prone behind them and shoot out.

You'll have to zoom in on the pipes and vents to see it, but I'm getting pretty bad Z-fighting on just about all the vents in the tunnels, as well as other structures (the police station floor in the firing range).

JHQNhs.jpg

Also getting some strange white lines inbetween the ceilings and walls, also between the separate tunnel pieces. 
8LqbnD.jpg

I'm using an R9 290 btw. IDK if it's a driver thing or what (in terms of Z-fighting), but when I got this card I also got Z-fighting issues with other games like Skyrim and BF4.

Edited by ILikeTastyBread
Add more information

Oh based @IrOnTaXi! How low priority of the texture quality and hit boxes of the rocks on the far western part of the map (ABCD5, C567 grid)?

Shadows and overall tunnel lighting too dark in this map as of A6. Screenshots below.

Uf4vuQf.jpg

NgNFRDw.jpg

Edited by TheNirl

Not really a big deal, but found this ambient noise dead zone on top of the Fortress (v6.1). I'm assuming it thinks you're inside for whatever reason?

Floatie rock and floatie tree. Roughly remember where the floatie tree is. Forgot to do the map thing and all that but im sure it was in the forest next to a big rock. Should be easy to find again.

FLOATING%20ROCK%20fr.jpg

FR%20floating%20tree_.jpg

Alright, two bugs in this video: The concrete plays a metal sound at train station, and strange shadow/texture glitching on top of vents in Mine Entrance.

I entered a 50 cal created by the enemy team, and it promptly disappeared. I assume 50 cal emplacements disappearing is a normal part of the game. But after it disappeared and I was no longer mounted in it, my primary weapon was no longer visible. I could do nothing to make it appear, but I could shoot and reload just as if it were there. I don't believe I could switch weapons either, but I don't remember perfectly.

This happened a few days ago. I apologize for not getting a screenshot; didn't occur to me at the time, but I'll be better about recording bugs from now on.