IrOnTaXi

Fools Road Feedback - Bugs and Issues (no theories, ideas or opinions)

Will Edit when I get home (I took a screenshot and will add)

Our Squad leader placed a FOB inside of one of the concrete T bunkers to the North West of the hill top objective if my memory serves me correctly,
The bunker was a little ways away from the objective, not on the hill but on flat level ground below the hill level

The Fob was placed directly in the center of the T intersection
When people spawned on it they fell through the map and got stuck.
I spawned on it and started gliding through the map and sinking through it until I hit a tree and became stuck.
my legs were in the ground, I was stuck standing and I was halfway into a tree.

I also noticed that multiple times all over the map if I'm prone and crawl too close to some trees they trees suck me in and I'm stuck to them, can't get out without dieing.
This also happened when prone next to deployed sand bags, I got stuck to them on top of the hill top objective and could not get off until I un-digged them.

I fell through the map on a FOB too. It was completely unusable, either people got stuck or started falling endlessly. But I'm pretty sure it was placed just SW of that hill objective, between a patch of trees. Maybe different occasions?

Getting stuck when going prone happens on every map, but probably more so on Fool's road. Needs some sort of universal fix, not related to any specific objects. They're all hazardous to be crawling near. You can even get stuck on a rooftop. (happened to me on Kohat)

No bugs as such.

Just noticed my FPS have gone down dramatically since the last patch ( or so it would seem ) . Going onto an empty map is better ( but not much fun... ) Even a half filled server seems to have dropped my FPS in half, ( from around 35-40 to 20 ).

Roger. fixed most of trees already. just needed a smoother capsuule collision

Ill investigate the fob issue. pretty sure I know why. terrain is deleted under those bunkers. Spawn system is seeing that as a valid spawn opening.. OOOPS!

I posted the issue with the rock foliage a couple of days ago that is towards the northern part of Mine Entrance via the Bug Tracker. You could basically crawl below the mesh, look outside and shoot stuff while being hidden by the rocks (I mean the flat mesh that is seen on slopes mostly) Screenshots were provided. I didn't double check if it was fixed in 3.5 but I guess I'll post this here anyway.

Last night we noticed while filming some grass messed up (floating on the water) in the river near the Russian bridge/main.  I't along one of the shores.  

Have been stuck multiple times when going prone next to mostly any tree.

Just keep away from 'em, i guess they arr carnivorous! :D

Have you removed the spaceweeds from the sky that could be seen from the Russian main? Couldn't see them no more when I just popped in to take a screenshot.

fixed

Have been stuck multiple times when going prone next to mostly any tree.

Just keep away from 'em, i guess they arr carnivorous! :D

trees SHOULD be fixed.. report if not

I'm getting huge FPS drops on quick horizontal view sways in this map. Running the game on MED settings with GTX660 and i5 4570 on 12GB RAM.

The wooden Russian houses i found have windows that are too high up, if there is a enemy outside and its a house with a second floor, you barely can shoot down as your bullets hit the low part of the window wooden frame. I believe i recorded some footage while fighting in this house so will upload later today as im on my phone right now.

G'day IronTaxi, there appears to be a nasty glitch on the outside corner of this bunker when prone. One of my Squadies got stuck there today and then it happened to me also. It drained health until i was able to get away from it, hence the bandage out. Haven't been able to retest the glitch yet.

SQD_2H_2.jpg

Found out today that the Mine Entrance is where people get stuck right now allot, i think it just has to do with no vehicles or armor that is in the game as of yet to clear out the actual spawn inside mine entrance where people can just barricade them self.

Hi, new player here.

I dont have any screenshots, but I was covering myself near the container in the west(?). Enemy blew me up with rpg I think and I died.

Squad medic came and revived me and I "spawned" inside that container. That was kinda funny first, but I didnt have any nades left so I could kill myself.

Soo there I was stuck, but luckily the match ended in 2minutes~.

edit. Should I report this as a bug?

Massive frame rate drops when entering buildings near the trains, other have said the same.
On a lot of hills you cannot fire through the trees with rpg's or 203 they get stuck in the small branches.

Hi, new player here.

I dont have any screenshots, but I was covering myself near the container in the west(?). Enemy blew me up with rpg I think and I died.

Squad medic came and revived me and I "spawned" inside that container. That was kinda funny first, but I didnt have any nades left so I could kill myself.

Soo there I was stuck, but luckily the match ended in 2minutes~.

edit. Should I report this as a bug?

You can bring up the consol (tilde) key and type Suicide that will enable you to respawn if you get stuck again.

After playing and enjoying Squad all days since it came out on Steam, I got only a few complaints and Fools Road is one of them.

Ok, here we go:
The map in the looks is really nice, beautiful looking, nice graphics, nice immersive feel in the woods. But the functionality and the gameplay on them can be very frustrating to say the least. For example, every single pre-built bunker on the map is completely useless, especially the ones put on top of the hills, you cant shoot out of them. You can't shoot down while your are in them or you will hit the wall in the bunker. That is not what bunkers are about... In real life its a problem to aprouch it and deal with it, the best is to get around that kind of a fixed fortified position. But in Squad you can walk all over these bunkers because of the reason I already stated. I get a feeling the map creator didn't try the bunkers in the game before he released the map (no offense to map creator, the map is still impressive, it would be even better and more playable if these problems are fixed). The second problem is, there is no kill zone on the map. Meaning: trees everywhere obstructing the view, its excessive. And Fools Road is not the only map that suffers from that problem. On Fools Road you always end up fighting the enemy up close and personal. And on the other maps, its like, why making these huge maps if the fights are going to be fought on max of 40 meters anyway. There are (few) map(s) that are exceptions though. To the ones who will say that probably I don't have a solid  people to play with and thats why this is happening to me. No, I got a pretty damn good group of people playing Squad with me, almost everytime we win...

Don't let this be understood as a hate post. Its completely the oposite as I am trying to give you (the Devs) a valuable feedback for a solid gameplay. I am enjoying Squad. Hell I wouldn't go out to my people and tell them to get it then...

Great to see this map updated with awesome graphics and visuals.

Framerate is dropping and noticed a floating tree near the first russian flag. NW side of the flag on the lower part of the hill. Directly above a rock. Sorry no screenshot on my ipad :(

Bunkers worked pretty well when we tried assaulting the hilltop. Got mowed down a few times.

I do wish another flag was added to the map because the mine entrance is just one big chokepoint at the moment, and people make FOB's inside the mine entrance, i think it would been awesome if there would be an entrance on the other side so that they can be flanked from the inside. Of course in the future when tanks and armored vehicles are added, they can easily take care of those people stuck in the Mine Entrance.