Sign in to follow this  
cyreda

Suggestion for weapon lowering.

I don't think I am the only one who would like to have the ability to lower the weapon while not being in a combat. Its better to not have a gun blocking the screen, and also it would really add on the immersion when teammates don't aim at each other.

The issue seems to be, that devs don't want to make the game too complicated, as in having another keybind for it. But i have a suggestion how it could be implemented.

Make a new weapon slot. Like now we have the rifle, pistol grenades etc, but what if we had a new weapon slot for a lowered rifle. It could be the first slot, and the seconds slot could be the raised rifle.

It doesnt have to be complicated. You could just press number 1 on keyboard or scroll the mouse wheel one step upward. It also wouldn't have to affect shooting, like when you click your mouse, it would instantly go to the second slot and start shooting. This way the lowering would not be too complicated, and it would not affect the gameplay, but it would have very positive effect on the immersion.

There is a problem though, with this system you could only lower your rifle, not pistol or other equipment. But its better than not having weapon lowering at all.

What do you guys think?

BTW, very excited for tomorrow!

No, just have it under different key bind would be simple enough, just like it is in Arma, so you can lower any weapon, not just a rifle. 

Or how about button 7 being weapon slung with a minor sprint advantage.  Gotten used to button 1 being rifle single/auto.  I personally have no opinion on this, I don't feel any object obstructs my vision an appreciable amount so I'm not sure why that's tossed as a pro, as long as both teams do or don't get this feature.

Oh my god, make it stop!  :wacko:

Some designers have the power to make it stop. Hint hint

and I don't mean by locking threads