Lads I have something that I wanted to say to try to explain what I see happening, and what I expect to see more of in the future. It has to do with new squad leaders. Bear with me here but I feel like this is a valid point and it would behoove everyone to at least think about it while in-game before throwing around insults and what not...

So, I feel like we're at a point now where there will be players 'stepping up the the plate' to take the role of SL. A lot of these players are proficient at the game and know the basic in's and out's of what needs to be done to succeed. They just don't have the practice as a SL as of yet. A lot of these guys, as members of a squad, are good at following orders and killin the bad dudes and they feel like they're at a point where they can do an ok job at SL.

Some may not have the 'tactical' mindset to be one of the 'top' SL's (they think that all you have to do is throw down a FOB and hit the enemy head-on). Some may take up the roll, be ok at it but see that their team isn't faring well, so they start to focus on trying to kill more bad dudes as they think that it would help out the team. Unfortunately this is where the cohesion of that squad falls to the wayside. Instead of berating the SL for not 'doing his job' properly, perhaps it falls on the squad members to pick up their game, slow the pace down and play more rationally!? (remember this isn't CoD or BF). 

Perhaps the best course of action would be to politely inform that SL that it's imperative that he 'steps back' so to speak and focuses on maintaining situational awareness of friendly and enemy positions alike and maintaining those all important rallies/FOB's. It may sound stupid by sometimes the most 'tactically sound' move to make is the move that doesn't see you in vicious combat.

*Just 1 point I can't stress enough to SL's, if it's an AAS game mode, for the love of god, 1 squad attack and at MINIMUM half a squad defend!

To those new to the SL roll, I know it sucks but it's your roll to assist your squad the best way you can so they can do the killing and all the fun stuff. Me personally, I only SL for a few rounds at a time as I don't mind the job and hell I was one IRL for a few years. I find it amazingly rewarding (when I have a competent squad), but unfortunately all too often I find myself pulling my hair out. The best advice I can give you is if you're keen to SL or even try out the roll, do it for 1 or 2 rounds and then go back to being a thumb in bum rifleman for a few. You'll find that it recharges your batteries for when you are SL so you can perform at a better standard, as you're not burnt out and frustrated.

Don't be disheartened if you jump on as a SL and your team loses. This by no means indicates that you were bad at your job, it just means that your team was out-played by the other. Keep dabbling in the roll when you get the chance. If anything, it will remind you that sometimes it's hard to lead a random bunch of dudes from all over the world, from all different walks of life and from all age groups.

Great post Battle and something that has been at the back of my mind for a while.

I have a lot of appreciation for the guys who step up to SL when no one else does. And this often leads to someone getting a taste for SL which they just crave.

Nail on the head with the request for people to follow the SL's requests. We may not agree with it, hell, I am quite an opinionated little sod, but I always follow the SL's requests because, that is their prerogative, They've taken the leap to lead, and that deserves your cooperation.

Looking forward to new, keen SL's coming in at EA. Hoping they outweigh the non communicating and ignorant arse holes who we've seen come through in waves the past month.

Personally i didn't Squad leaded not even once in the game but not because i don't want. I just feel i'm not ready yet so the best way for me is being squad member and learning from the experienced squad leaders out there until i will be ready to enter the SL boots. My favorite quote about it is - I hear and i forget, i see and i remember, i do and i understand.

My Sl role wont mean anything for me all my 2015 Paypal transactions were lost in a data mishap and now i'm wishing i just paid for the squad leader tier instead of rifleman back in july and no-one on the [email protected] is replying to me 

Great way to de-rail a thread too.

Go to paypal.com and once you've logged in, there is an 'activity' tab in the middle of the screen, use that to search your transactions.

Great way to de-rail a thread too.

Go to paypal.com and once you've logged in, there is an 'activity' tab in the middle of the screen, use that to search your transactions.

bruh i wouldn't complain like this i'm not some little-kid that doesn't know wdf he's talking about i even called into Paypal and they told me directly i had data misplaced and all transactions and billing for 2015 of mine is misplaced or gone and no one on support is replying 

Personally i didn't Squad leaded not even once in the game but not because i don't want. I just feel i'm not ready yet so the best way for me is being squad member and learning from the experienced squad leaders out there until i will be ready to enter the SL boots. My favorite quote about it is - I hear and i forget, i see and i remember, i do and i understand.

I'm also shy so I'm better at following then leading, but I feel like tomorrow I might step up to the plate and lead.

Yesterday I joined an american server and the one team I was put on had 3 french squads and 1 squad for some clan called SRAT which I assume was using teamspeak because they never talked once (they also fire into main)

So yeah I think I might step up and try to lead a few, but if someone bitches at me I'll be forever discouraged lol

bruh i wouldn't complain like this i'm not some little-kid that doesn't know wdf he's talking about i even called into Paypal and they told me directly i had data misplaced and all transactions and billing for 2015 of mine is misplaced or gone and no one on support is replying 

'bruh' I still don't see how anything that you've posted here has anything to do with this thread.

Go http://forums.joinsquad.com/forum/48-squad-game-software-support/ to find the help that you need.

it's a game of applying tactics and teamwork.  I love when new SL's are open to suggestion.  Even if what they've decide to do is a failure at least they're learning.  Constructive feedback is the best option.  I do have a mental list of players that I will not play under their leadership or lack of leadership.

I am a democratic squad leader until we come under fire, then it's all out dictatorship for the remainder of your play time.

lol I know the feeling mate, I do the same sometimes! It just means you're engrossed in the experience that is Squad.

Well, it's good when someone steps up as a SL, because it's a common thing - from my experience - when there are two full squads and bunch of ppl sitting in "Unassigned" and just waiting for someone to create a squad and lead it. I've been myself in such situations few times. 

I'm also shy so I'm better at following then leading, but I feel like tomorrow I might step up to the plate and lead.

Yesterday I joined an american server and the one team I was put on had 3 french squads and 1 squad for some clan called SRAT which I assume was using teamspeak because they never talked once (they also fire into main)

So yeah I think I might step up and try to lead a few, but if someone bitches at me I'll be forever discouraged lol

Added you in Steam brother, Let's try it together (i know it sounds gay lol but i'm talking about SL-ing  :D )

I would take the sl role more often but there are so many guys who dont listen and do what the fuck they want 

Don't be disheartened if you jump on as a SL and your team loses. This by no means indicates that you were bad at your job, it just means that your team was out-played by the other.

Sometimes it does though ;)

Regarding defense on AAS, so far I've found some of the most exciting combat finds it's way to the Squad(s) tasked with defending in AAS games. I'm always happy to hold my Squad back and hold the line.

I would take the sl role more often but there are so many guys who dont listen and do what the fuck they want 

Warn them, then kick em out of your squad.

They will learn once server admins can add parameters like "you must be a member of a squad or be kicked".

Sometimes it does though ;)

Regarding defense on AAS, so far I've found some of the most exciting combat finds it's way to the Squad(s) tasked with defending in AAS games. I'm always happy to hold my Squad back and hold the line.

There are always exceptions to the rule.

Starting tomorrow I will be grabbing Squad Lead as I am introducing my brother to the world of Squad and it will be more of a culture shock for him than it was to me.  I figured it would give him the easiest transition into the game rather than many of the current "SL"s.  So if any new players end up reading this thread, I encourage you to join my squad as I will do my best to make the game enjoyable for you.  To all the current more veteran Squad leaders, if you see a squad of two running around, I will do my best to support a fuller squad but rest assured I will have my coms on.

I'll be returning the end of this week, looking forward to seeing some new faces taking charge. There's nothing better than filling a squad full of like minded players who fully immerse themselves into the game.

can add this too to new SL's" if youre a new SL, follow another squad and communicate with that squad's SL. ask him where hed like your squad to maneuver or cover etc.

indeed, when multiple squads work together it is EPIC

It's hard being a squad leader against Desmolocke. :o

He outsmarts me.

Here is my advice on how I got started on squad leading within 1 day after I joined the game 2 months ago:

1. Play as a squad member in someone else's squad to get used to the functions of the game (rally points, spawning, etc.)

2. Then try leading a squad and asking for guidance in the squad chat and in the squad leader chat.

3. Then take orders from other squad leaders on where they want your squad to go.

4. When you're ready after being guided as a squad leader, that's when you're ready to make your own shot calls.

5. You're ready to lead and help others get started now.