Sign in to follow this  
chronic

New GPU advice. 980ti?

Yeah especially when I'll OC it to 1450/8100 but I guess I wouldn't need to do it in order to get 60fps/ 1080p

Well you don't seem to have a lot of problems any how....  if you can buy a 700 euro gpu and then void warranty for overclock :)

That card costs almost as much as my entire system lol ;p

i can get 60fps on my fx 9590 & r9 280 3gb stock ;p ... :) in 1080p on almost all epic except aa shadows.

Even close to 100fps on sumari... 

If I had a 970 would have easily 60+ fps on everything oh well :) :) :)

Well you don't seem to have a lot of problems any how.... if you can buy a 700 euro gpu and then void warranty for overclock :)

That card costs almost as much as my entire system lol ;p

i can get 60fps on my r9 280 3gb stock ;p ... :) in 1080p on almost all epic except aa shadows.

Even close to 100fps on sumari...

Strange because I was getting 45 FPS on kohat everything on epic with my gtx 970 and 4790k @4.6ghz

EPIC settings.

Play @ 60Hz 1080p = 980Ti

Play @ 60Hz 1440p = 980Ti 

Play @ 60Hz 4k = 980Ti SLI

Play @ 120Hz+ 1080p = 980Ti

Play @ 120Hz+ 1440p = 980Ti SLI

So the awnser is = Buy a GTX 980Ti. :P   :)

Ofc, your CPU is the weak part compered to the new gen CPU's.  

I have a EVGA 980Ti Sc+ but my next upgrade will be new CPU. From 2600K to 6700K and that jump will give me another 10-20fps in games. 

BTW, the 970 cards only have 3.5gb vram the 980Ti have 6GB. I'm playing @ 1440 EPIC and the videomemory peak I have seen is about 5000Mb.

Strange because I was getting 45 FPS on kohat everything on epic with my gtx 970 and 4790k @4.6ghz

Well I should of added that I don't get 60 fps on all maps and especially not on full servers. :)

And epic shadows = eat a ton of fps lol

Sumari runs great, others run pretty well except that forest map and fool's road. :)

Processor is probably ok, but you could do a 4790k and a 970/390 for the price of the 980TI or Fury-X.  Fury and Fury-X is terrible value, but the data is probably limited. 970 and 390 great value, and 980 or TI decent value.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/

I game with a 4690k and a 390 at 1440 and get 45-55 fps depending on settings, map, players, etc.  Resolution over 100% kills my fps quick.

Ez.

Ive got £600 hard earnt cash for a new GPU.

Fury X or 980ti?

980ti seems like the sensible option at present.

I'm upgrading from x2 560ti. My cpu is 2500k at stock. 16gb DDR 3, two sets of x2 SSD in RAID 0. I use x2 24" monitors at 1080p.

Which 980ti is the card to go for in my price range. Should I consider something a little cheaper and upgrade my cpu cooler to OC that 2500k.

Is the Fury X worth looking at?

I do plan to jump upto 1440p in the first quarter of next year.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

FYI, if you do go for the 980ti then the Classified or Hybrid would be great choices if you plan on overclocking or if you like your clocks stock then the FTW or again the Hybrid would be very good choices.

I don't like overclocking as I find it time consuming plus some games like it and some don't so in my case if I can't wait for pascal then I'll be getting either the EVGA 980ti FTW or the EVGA 980ti Hybrid.

I read at its planned to be released not before mid 2016

You might well be right, I've not looked in to it for a little while.

You might well be right, I've not looked in to it for a little while.

The thing that I'm afraid is that the price of the high end card will be over 2000e :(

The GPU pascal has twice more cuda cores than the 980ti, the worst pascal card will be equivalent to a sli of 980ti lol

The thing that I'm afraid is that the price of the high end card will be over 2000e :(

The GPU pascal has twice more cuda cores than the 980ti, the worst pascal card will be equivalent to a sli of 980ti lol

Then in theory you could just buy the worst pascal card for less money and still have the power of SLI 980ti with all the benefits of a single GPU

Then in theory you could just buy the worst pascal card for less money and still have the power of SLI 980ti with all the benefits of a single GPU

Yes I don't think that the price will be lower, there is too much performance gap between maxwell and pascal, well that's what being said by nvidia, maybe the pascal GPU are overrated...

Anyway I sold my gtx970 for 300e, I could do the same for my gtx980ti if I want a pascal GPU :)

Yes I don't think that the price will be lower, there is too much performance gap between maxwell and pascal, well that's what being said by nvidia, maybe the pascal GPU are overrated...

Anyway I sold my gtx970 for 300e, I could do the same for my gtx980ti if I want a pascal GPU :)

Just have to wait and see how they price it, they can't just increase the price massively of the whole pascal lineup just because they are technically more powerful than maxwell. I'm sure the price of the maxwell lineup will drop as pascal is released meaning the price gap between the two is partially made by maxwells drop in price.

Either way, right now today, a single 980ti seems to be the best choice for Squad, at least until (IF) SLI is working fully.

Consider also that NVIDIA is king of DirectX 11 which Squad is currently using.  There exists the possibility current AMD cards see more of a performance increase when/if Squad and other games move to DX 12, but a game programmer I am not.  Probably the new NVIDIA cards scheduled for next year wouldn't be limited.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/2752-directx-12-support/?p=54613

Get the 980 TI which is better then the 970 SLI. One stronger CPU will always be better then two weaker ones There is plenty of research.benchmarks and other shit to look online.