kgino1045

Tank need at least 4 man to operate

Dont tanks pretty much stay out of close quarters combat precisely because mobility and vision and range to shoot issues? So urban tank warfare should not be common, they will get taken out fast without ground support.

One man CAN drive tank. But he need to take driver's position, turn on engine and wait until it starts working propperly. You can't just jump in and start moving. It takes enough time to make tank operating is close to impossible for one man. But it is POSSIBLE. The same situation with gunner: you need prepare tank's FCS for shooting, turn on and check other systems, but you CAN shoot without driver.

I see no point in forbidding of solo tank operating. Sometimes you need only to drive somewhere or your chassis are dead and your tank turns into stationary firing point. But preparing and taking your position in tank should take a lot of time, so using tank as real combat vehicle solo becomes pointless.

A tank has to be a monster you fear with eyes on its back -> 3 guys with one using the optics.

And allow spawning into tanks.

Why? It would be just another moving spawnpoint even rallypoints are hard to digest as they can and will create "wormholes" to already cleared areas.

A tank has to be a monster you fear with eyes on its back -> 3 guys with one using the optics.

...and AT-mines and IEDs should be ticking in the background. :P

3rd place (tank commander aka spotter) can be optional.

He can have no gun but he can spot and mark enemies on the crew display or by voice.

Also you should be able to drive a tank without the 3rd player.

Yeah a 3 man tank sounds optimal, with the third being a lookout/50 cal driver (being able to pop up and down the hatch would be cool)

4 are to much i have to agree with some others, some tanks like the Russian T sereis(T64 upwords) and french Leclerc only have 3 since the loader  is replaced with a Autoloading mechanism, but i would like to see a usable Comander Slot

Driver:Manouvering the vehicle on the battlefield

Gunner:Engaging targets

Commander: Spotting Targets and able to engage Infantry with a Roofmounted MG from either inside by remote control or outside

IMO A Tank commander position is a must have, I always struggled leading a tank squad, radio with other squads AND drive + watch for enemys.

It should be like it is in PR at the moment just with a 3rd position for the commander who can either look out of the hatch (don't really need a mg and IRL it would be manned by the loader and only for close range defense) or have his "commander view" with thermals and so on.

It should always be possible to man a tank (or APC btw all combat vehicles could need 3 man) with 2 man minimum but to get the most out of your vehicle a commander is a must.

I think the old PR tank system is the direction Squad should take. One gunner + one driver required, and an extra machine gun operator as option. This would give tank squads a choice between having more man power on the battlefield or if they'd prefer the extra security of having a machine gunner on top (good idea for urban environments) at the expensive of having less troops in other areas of work.

Having a commander (3rd person) that is REQUIRED could become a very dull task in certain environments, especially if the commander is not even given a MG to use. And i think having 4 people required to crew a tank is completely out of the question. Being a loader would suck ass.