Sign in to follow this  
XRobinson

Chinooks or Blackhawks or both

This is more of a question but also a discussion:

Will we have both helos? Chinooks and Blackhawks for transpo? And how many will be on maps for use at spawns? Those Chinooks can carry how many soldiers at once? VS Blackhawks?

WE dont even have vehicles and you think about helos?

Yes...good to have discussions and ask questions...before we actually get vehicles....may help in decision process for devs who may choose to add or not have certain vehicles in game. Plus I would like to know what to expect for upcoming releases and think others do too. :)

I would think the blackhawk would be the first to be implemented, but that depends on if the helicopters are done before or after the UK faction since they also use the Chinook.

I hope There both coming and some more like lynx or merlin.

PS:may depends on which army will come out. US-ARMY or USMC...

I don't see why not. We have them in PR.

Cause this a commercial game and we dont have 10 years of free work :P

Blackhawk is the only planned transport helicopter for the US Army at this point.

Really starting to wish that people would 'cross their bridges' when they get to them. How about focusing on the game as it is now and what will come in the very near future. Focusing on finding and eliminating bugs for the devs so they can release an even more polished game. Can you guys just imagine a game that is released these days without bugs?

Seriously, if people complain that there are no vehicles and it's a deal breaker for them, tell em to keep doing what they're doing and come back when they are released.

Blackhawk is the only planned transport helicopter for the US Army at this point.

*Calling for expansion pack in 2017*

Boo! At least think about CH-47 or CH-53 as well or something completely unique like CH-54!

How about Russians? Only Mi-8 then?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ MI-6 AND CH-47 OR RIOT! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Well I sure hope you don´t need 20 years for the fast ropes then ;)

Since we have you here posting Z? Is it going to be like choosing a role with limited vehicles per map scene?

Cough...cough...MODDERS!!!..cough...cough...!!!

Something that would be much better is if you can get into the helicopters without actually "entering" it and sitting down. Basically have it move and all that with enterable seats if you want to sit down but you actually have to move on and off with the chinook. 

It sounds impossible for most engines. 

This is more of a question but also a discussion:

Will we have both helos? Chinooks and Blackhawks for transpo? And how many will be on maps for use at spawns? Those Chinooks can carry how many soldiers at once? VS Blackhawks?

I thought the blackhawk was getting phased out?

Hopefully they will have both! And littlebirds for specops stuff!

Not again.160th SOAR afaik?

Only they have LBs.But not only LBs.

ah60-1.jpg

Boo! At least think about CH-47 or CH-53 as well or something completely unique like CH-54!

How about Russians? Only Mi-8 then?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ MI-6 AND CH-47 OR RIOT! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Mi6?Are you mad,bro?It's old.

In my opinion - as much as possible is the best option.

Probably the light multirole helicopters should have priority like Blackhawk,Hueys,Lynx etc etc.

CH-46,CH-47 and CH-53 are more logistic helis,that transport.

The only one exception is probably Mi8 or Ka29(If we talking about Russian marines),but this is matter of doctrine and realism.

Not again.160th SOAR afaik?

Only they have LBs.But not only LBs.

AIR_AH-60L_Battlehawk_lg.jpg

Mi6?Are you mad,bro?It's old.

In my opinion - as much as possible is the best option.

Probably the light multirole helicopters should have priority like Blackhawk,Hueys,Lynx etc etc.

CH-46,CH-47 and CH-53 are more logistic helis,that transport.

The only one exception is probably Mi8 or Ka29(If we talking about Russian marines),but this is matter of doctrine and realism.

I have no idea why I wrote Mi-6 instead of Mi-26. Your image doesn't show by the way.

Something that would be much better is if you can get into the helicopters without actually "entering" it and sitting down. Basically have it move and all that with enterable seats if you want to sit down but you actually have to move on and off with the chinook. 

It sounds impossible for most engines.

It already happen on Project Reality but there are 2 problems,

1) to order to "enter" the Chinook, you can walk inside and press E but if the player didn't press E,he could get himself killed by the motion of the floor when Chinook fly.

2) If Chinook fly too fast, the player who still standing inside the heli will in risk of falling into the ground or/and could destroy the heli in mid-air.

Trust me, I fly every aircraft that the PR have and used to have.

I have no idea why I wrote Mi-6 instead of Mi-26. Your image doesn't show by the way.

You're mad anyway :) It's able to transport at least 2 BMPs.

AIR_Mi-26_Lifts_MH-47E_Afghanistan_lg.jp

and the previous image was AH-60 DAP.

ah60-1.jpg

Damn, I was hoping the legendary Huey would be the first helo to appear (eventually). I guess it's because the US Army don't use it, the USMC does.