Is everyone else finding around 1s delays to ingame VOIP? Best noticeable when your squad is defending a compound and a frag comes flying in, peeps shout... but almost always comms are too late.

So I wonder... is this a limitation of the current VOIP solution or does this have a potential for improvement? I think I got spoiled by PR mumble that was super low-latency.

Also curious what Anders is working on at the moment... :)

well it being Voip a  latency up to 1 second is tolerated in any game and circumstance i believe, a target or around  this and under is aimed for . could be different here  

I am really disappointed they are allowing people to have High pop servers already, 50 should have been the absolute max with maybe a few lower pop of say 36 or so the devs could have thrown up high pop test servers here and there to get some data and feedback. Its going to be the same as Arma, people over stepping what the game and servers can handle right now making a terrible gaming experience which will reflect on the game. even though it is EA people will not be kind on steam when they log into a 100 pop server getting 30 fps terrible lag / hit reg.

I am really disappointed they are allowing people to have High pop servers already, 50 should have been the absolute max with maybe a few lower pop of say 36 or so the devs could have thrown up high pop test servers here and there to get some data and feedback. Its going to be the same as Arma, people over stepping what the game and servers can handle right now making a terrible gaming experience which will reflect on the game. even though it is EA people will not be kind on steam when they log into a 100 pop server getting 30 fps terrible lag / hit reg.

Dont you worry. ;)

But then again, they aim at 50vs50 servers, so we need to stress-test servers... this sort of things needs to be reported and dealt with. And it cant be done if high pop servers emerge only from time to time...

But then again, they aim at 50vs50 servers, so we need to stress-test servers... this sort of things needs to be reported and dealt with. And it cant be done if high pop servers emerge only from time to time...

Well the "Don't you worry. ;) " from the dev indicates some nice dedicated servers could be on the books..and or adjustment to the current 50/50 cap. The only reason a server will bog on high pop is the server itself not handling the load, better server better service, usually renting from quality server's will archive this but who know's what the road map looks like    

well it being Voip a latency up to 1 second is tolerated in any game and circumstance i believe, a target or around this and under is aimed for . could be different here

1 second is an eternity to be honest. Especially when u can see that voice is lagging behind players actions... not sure if im romanticizing PR here but my feeling there was that mumble was near instantaneous - vitually lag free comms. It was glorious. That delay in Squad can be sometimes a matter of death.

With regards to server pop - i seem to have same delay on every server.

Like i said perhaps its just me whos experiencing this. Best other former PR players help out what their feeling is having haf experienced mumble.

Or maybe there are some stats/measurements of delays by devs?

For clarification in this thread in discussing 'regular' voip latency currently in game, eg when i play on a country server with in-country players, rather than lag spike caused issues or some other extreme cases.

[...] not sure if im romanticizing PR here but my feeling there was that mumble was near instantaneous - vitually lag free comms. I[...]

That's how mumble works, very very fast, even with 100 people connected to the server. If you shoot in PR and say "bang" at the same time, both events will happen simultaneously. Not sure what is going on in Squad to cause the half a second or more delay from one player to another.

This needs fixing, given that mumble is the base of Squad's VOIP system (according to the manual) one should be able to get quicker comms, than the one second round trip we have right now.

That's how mumble works, very very fast, even with 100 people connected to the server. If you shoot in PR and say "bang" at the same time, both events will happen simultaneously. Not sure what is going on in Squad to cause the half a second or more delay from one player to another.

This needs fixing, given that mumble is the base of Squad's VOIP system (according to the manual) one should be able to get quicker comms, than the one second round trip we have right now.

Yep im really missing that quality in Squad at the moment.

I just hope the delays are not caused by UE4 engine and this is just temporary alpha hick-up and we'll be back to PR Mumble quality shortly.

On 6-1-2016 at 3:47 PM, Megagoth1702 said:

This is still an issue, and a very annoying one at that. The current VOIP delay is about ~2 second. I'm hoping this will be resolved with v6. :)