FatalWaffles

Squad and FireDaemon

Howdy,

Here are a few tips to help you guys get Squad up and running with FireDaemon.

• When you're choosing the executable that you want FireDaemon to use, choose "...\Squad\Binaries\Win64\SquadServer.exe". If you choose the SquadServer.exe in the base path it will start two processes and FireDaemon won't be able to control the actual server process. Choosing the other one will only start one process and works just fine. To save yourself some headaches make sure both executables are allowed through the firewall

• Under the "Dialogs" tab, insert a new response. I set this up to deal with this error that was occurring. Some people are reporting that even though the error pops the server runs just fine.
    • Title String: The UE4-Squad Server has crashed and will close
    • Content: I left this blank, it probably shouldn't be as this will dismiss all the errors with this title.
    • Button Text: OK​

• Want to automatically update your Squad server instance when it starts? Follow this:
    1. Go to the "Pre / Post-Service" tab.
    2. Insert a Pre-Service Program
      1. Executable: browse and select your steamcmd.exe
      2. Working directory: browse and select the folder that steamcmd.exe is in
      3. Parameters: +login <user> <pass> +force_install_dir "<squad server directory>" +app_update 403240 +quit
      4. Execution time: 7200000ms (I'm sure a different value can be used but it would need to be high enough to ensure the download and installation of any update has been completed. 
      5. Run Program: Before Event
      6. Run Detached: Unchecked

At some point in the near future I will edit this post and turn it into a full tutorial on setting up your squad server to run w/ FireDaemon

Ooh..

I've never used firedaemon and choose to monitor my task w/ a batch file.  BUT.. i did NOT know that we can run the /wow64/squadserver.exe direcetly... i was under the impression that you need to run the /squad/squadserver.exe which i did noticed was then running two processes.

However i am quite interested in the auto update feature.

Excellent excellent.

Thank you!

Looking forward to your next post.

BUT.. i did NOT know that we can run the /wow64/squadserver.exe direcetly... i was under the impression that you need to run the /squad/squadserver.exe which i did noticed was then running two processes.

I had brought this up in a Skype chat with another server admin and a couple of the Squad development team and was told that was long as you use the commandline parameters you'll be fine. 

What's the benefit of using FireDaemon over Task Scheduler, batch files, other default Windows features? 

fire deamon you can use from all computers you have to get access to your dedicated squad server

you login into yourserver webpage , and you can start and stop the server.

Is anyone else having issue with the AppID changing on restarts? I am having to change the number back to the correct one. The number it's being changed to is the old AppID as it were.