Sign in to follow this  
Shogun

Squad World War 2

I have no idea if this has been discussed before (searched the forums but couldn't find anything).

I WOULD PAY SO MUCH MONEY FOR AN EXPANSION/DLC/SECOND GAME SET IN WWII since PR WW2 isn't coming anytime soon.

I know the base game isn't even in aplha but it's worth considering.

Discuss

Dev's will not be making Squad: WW2 unless Squad sells as well as Call of Duty. There's just too much for a small team to do. What will likely happen is a team of modders will have to get together and create a WW2 mod for Squad. They will then have the option of selling the mod to the Dev's and they can add it as an official expansion to the game.

This is similar to what Taleworlds did with Mount and Blade: Warband and Flying Squirrel Studios with their Napoleonic Wars expansion and Brytenwalda team and the Viking Conquest expansion.

first of all , game is already in it's version 3.2 on alpha.

second of all , there's no plans for a diff game as this game isn't out yet.

there will be an options for modding and im sure a lot of people will try their best , cuz you're not the only one who want that kind of game.

it will be great to see a similar game with a ww2 or Vietnam theme though.

One thing is that they are still in development, Second thing they haven't even thought about dlc since the game is under development. Most likely free updates like insurgency, and maybe one or two dlc, but most likely this will be handled by a mod team.

Also i did found 3 topics.. http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/1666-ww2-remake/?hl=world#entry33058

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/4659-ww2-mod-for-the-game-squad-any-willing-to-make-it/?hl=world#entry80486

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/554-world-war-2/?hl=world

I'm sure some modders could take care of it sooner or later. *cough* Not implying things *cough*

Im starting to work on WW2 stuff....maps, bridges, houses...ect.. and I think others are too, but Im not sure if it will be used for a Squad mod yet or stand alone game. In time we will find out. :)

If anyone is looking for other modders wanting in on a project like this please include me, this would be awesome.

- modeling

- texture work

- most other things

- Programmer

I'm in :)

Im guessing its not far before we see the first mods being announced ;)

May happen sooner or later :D

We need a separate subforum so all you WW2 modder people can hang out together...   :)

think it be a great idea for a future dlc after this game hell if they dont want to do it...Anyone needs help creating it i be happy to throw my sweat in it.