zyco187

Squad key giveaways ?

loooong time pr vet since .86 lookin to joinsquad but times are tuff rite now and i was wondering if anyone here has any gamekeys to giveaway or websites hosting key giveaway contest rite now. im 29 from na and some ppl say im fun to hangout with on the battlefield. also i can add you to my steam friends list so we can game together and im looking forward to live-streaming this game when it comes out

also messed up and posted this on the offtopic forums so mods can you delete that one (:

thanks for your time

It was worth the $70 for the founders and I'm sure the early release for $30 was probably well worth it too, but right now the only way to get the game if you don't already have it is to wait until the 15th and get it for $40.

It was worth the $70 for the founders and I'm sure the early release for $30 was probably well worth it too, but right now the only way to get the game if you don't already have it is to wait until the 15th and get it for $40.

paid $90 canadian for the squad leader tier, worth every penny.

compared to spending $30 at a movie theatre for an hour and a half of entertainment and overpriced fountain pop and pop corn, squad is a great investment.

Hes asking about possible giveaways and your talking about how much you paid. Very relevant. Unfortunately, OP, I don't have knowledge of any current giveaways, but there might be some after Steam release. Or, you can trade.

Hes asking about possible giveaways and your talking about how much you paid. Very relevant. Unfortunately, OP, I don't have knowledge of any current giveaways, but there might be some after Steam release. Or, you can trade.

if you can afford a pc that can play squad you can afford squad... thats how its relevant...

I don't want to be that guy , but it seems to be always me.

no one likes people who beg.

and like suicidalchair said.. if you're wealthy enough to have a gaming pc you can spare $40 on a game..

also in that matter I really hope there wont be any humble bundle or 90% off squad. not to keep the "poor" outside, just not to gain a community like insurgency did with all those sales.

Insurgency's community gets a little bit worse ever my single time there is a HB sale, which happens far too often, which is a shame because it's a really solid game underneath all the 'Allahu Akbar' screaming idiots. On the subject of keys though I don't see the harm in asking as the devs have given out X amount of keys that were intended to be given away so it's better if they are actually given away rather than remain unused. Whether people have the funds to buy the game or not there are more than likely unused keys out there that will just go to waste. I fully plan on buying the Early Access at full price but if a key came up between now and then I'd be mad not to take it.

I think if you don´t have 40 bucks to spend on a game, you should do something else other then gaming to change that to be honest. (not trying to be mean, just saying)

Sell something? I sold my old rifle to be able to afford a laptop to run Squad. I'm sure you have something to sell. I know very well how times are tough, you'll have to make the best of it. I honestly don't think anyone is giving keys away. People who bought ranger tiers got 2 keys and when CPA was released there were many people selling and giving keys away, but I think they are all gone now unfortunately

I think if you don´t have 40 bucks to spend on a game, you should do something else other then gaming to change that to be honest. (not trying to be mean, just saying)

If the oil companies don't decide to start building stuff by february, times will be tough for me too, I'm saving up a nest egg in case that happens. That's why I decided to sell my rifle instead of using my savings :)

Remember not to judge early, we don't know the situation the OP is in

As said I don't think it's about that, who wouldn't have £40 after spending 2k odd on a PC, if there are spare keys going then why not use them? And if you don't ask then you don't know if there are any floating about.

This is the second begging thread in two days...I think Squad is starting to be seen on a larger market!

Isn't that the whole intention of spare keys, to give them away to increase the player base?

Isn't that the whole intention of spare keys, to give them away to increase the player base?

Its one thing asking for a spare key...its another to talk about how tough times are whilst sitting behind a 2k machine.

Its one thing asking for a spare key...its another to talk about how tough times are whilst sitting behind a 2k machine.

Who's done that?

The OP...are you following this thread?

I can't see where the OP has said anything like that? I am on Tapatalk right now though so maybe I've missed one of his posts somewhere, the app does freak out sometimes.

Haha yeah I see, switched to web view and can see his post, on Tapatalk it just showed a blank first post with a title!

Like this:

a022c465812826b3bdcdc154388aa3b4.jpg

Then yeah I get your point in that case.

Stupid Tapatalk.

I can't see where the OP has said anything like that? I am on Tapatalk right now though so maybe I've missed one of his posts somewhere, the app does freak out sometimes.

'times are tuff rite now'...Obviously a slight issue with spelling but we are internets people.

Edit: Just saw your image...Darn Tapatalk!

'times are tuff rite now'...Obviously a slight issue with spelling but we are internets people.

As above, Tapatalk wasn't giving me the whole story.

Can't really blame anyone for asking though, I've paid full price for every game I've ever had and a few times afterwards I've seen keys being handed out on the forums so IMO sometimes it's worth asking first before buying, you don't know unless you ask. So it's not always an issue whether someone can or can't afford it, sometimes it's just about being smart.

Some forums you go on, you'll ask about keys and people will happily hand them out, other forums they won't, so unless it's plainly clear in the forum rules etc then people have to ask.

Personally I've given away all my spare Insurgency keys to forum randomers because let's face it, I can't use them again myself.

Usually it's the AAA titles that aren't given away, they are usually sold on eBay, but generally Indy game keys are more likely to be given out to increase the player base, maybe the problem with Squad is, it's an Early Access Indy game with a finished AAA price tag.

Usually it's the AAA titles that aren't given away, they are usually sold on eBay, but generally Indy game keys are more likely to be given out to increase the player base, maybe the problem with Squad is, it's an Early Access Indy game with a finished AAA price tag.

Its $40. Look at the price of any AAA title right now on Origin, Steam or UPlay and you are looking at $70 minimum, even on G2A at a reduced cost you are still looking at $40+. The game was $30 a week ago and people missed their chance. I would say if you have only just heard about this game or can't afford the pricetag, gaming really isn't for you.

Its $40. Look at the price of any AAA title right now on Origin, Steam or UPlay and you are looking at $70 minimum, even on G2A at a reduced cost you are still looking at $40+. The game was $30 a week ago and people missed their chance. I would say if you have only just heard about this game or can't afford the pricetag, gaming really isn't for you.

I agree, but as said that's not really the issue for me, I've seen many keys given away after buying a game so as said you'd be silly not to ask before buying. I fully intend on buying squad for full price, I have no issue with that.

dont know where you live but AAA games cost 60$.

40$ for a unfinished game...well It will put people off from buying it because its not a small barrier to entry. add the fact its not something they have played before which means its not something they are used too which equal "Risk".

if you understand marketing about Risk, Familiar, and cost then you see a clearer picture.

also you cant say "its 30$ a week ago and people missed their chance" ...you asking people with all that i just said to pre order a unfinished game. 40$ may be 40$ to you...but some people dont want to waste 40$ on something that is not done and may not be to their liking.

also you cant say "its 30$ a week ago and people missed their chance" ...you asking people with all that i just said to pre order a unfinished game. 40$ may be 40$ to you...but some people dont want to waste 40$ on something that is not done and may not be to their liking.

Excatly and they should wait until its released then, those are also most probably the people witch will not inform the dev´s about bugs/performance and all that kind of stuff. If you don´t want to spend that much money on an unfinished product, wait until it is finished.