osheamat

Squad Leader Functionality

Hello

Providing some observations on squad leading functionality here.  I enjoy the SL role and feel the game gives just enough feedback (supplemented with squad communication) to be effective.  We will see when the vehicles come into play and things get complicated. Opinions inbound!

+Keep the new incremental map zoom!  Its a great feature and very much appreciated

+I like the kit restrictions

- Can we keep the zoom level that I closed the map on, the same when I open the map up again, on both the quick map and the enter/spawn selection map?  I notice at times it reverts (minor issue)

- Can we see, like in PR, the current kit of the Squad member next to their name in a small legend on the quick map (non spawn screen)? besides W, caps lock (re-binded quick map) is my most pressed button and allows me to see and digest information quickly as compared to opening the spawn screen.

- Can we see (as a SL) on the map which members are wounded via a change in the icon?  This takes away some realism but If I wanted to know what the status of my squad is, and they are not communicating, i can glance at the quick map and review who is up an about as compared to in the "downed state"

-I have noticed that squad members  can see other squad leaders' marks on the map.  This is OK, but only for enemy intel markers.  All the other BLUFOR related (green) icons should be squad internal or at most, squad internal and SL to SL for communication purposes.  Just reduces clutter and the question of which sword icon you talking about?

-I have filed a bug report on this one a few times, my avatar's physical location on the games terrain is not always synchronized with where the map shows my Icon.  Some games, in some modes, on some maps, its about 50-100m off the mark.  This has been around since the SL package opened at least.  Its surmountable but very disorienting.

-I have difficulty placing icons on the map when my cursor is near other icons or players.  When my cursor comes near one, it blanks and cancels my action.  Its VERY difficult to place enemy intel in a hurry in a CQB fight when I have to zoom all the way in to place it.  Test it out yourself, again, its surmountable but very annoying.

SLs!  Do not get so caught up in the moment you are not dropping enemy intel markers on the map!  Especially fobs!  G is SL chat!

See you in game, I play on Europe servers, Squad name is usually (EN)NEWBROS WELCOME

For the Emperor. ^_^

I'd love to see few of the things you noticed there.

(the bugs you mentioned can be reported as bugs not on forums for people to see and abuse - if you may edit it out please?)

I agree that these seemingly small things are really important because having a more accessible, easily usable map with a little more details will make the squad leading more effective and also it would make the work of the medic much more user friendly (especially seeing if a guy is lying wounded or not; figuring out where is the guy that said "I need a medic HERE"). I think that the medic aspect is one of the main things that keeps squads kind of more scattered around compared to PR - its just too much VOIP hassle and map gymnastics to figure out who needs what where.

I would add member list of your squad and zoomable "minimap" (can be arcieved with Ctrl[or any other altering key]&Mousewheel to not interfere the inventory).

* it is pretty cumpersome to try to find your members names in hurry atm. The fact that the names hovering above character tend to blur to background especially while in move, doesn't improve it.

expecting to see lot more PR style, easier actions for SL. At present lot of work to mark a position on the map, and co ordinate players.