dougwvb

Horrible lag spikes when you turn

3.7 patch seems to have fixed it for me... still looking if it comes back again.

Ok after playing again, especially on Chora I still have really bad stuttering. I could reduce the stuttering drastically be setting my draw distance to "Low". It seems to depend on the map, really.

I still have lags spikes when I turn even with the recent patch. Maybe I'll post a video to show what's going on.

My hardware:

CPU: I7-3820
GPU: Nvidia GTX770 drivers version: 359.06
RAM: 8GB

My frames are better than before but I'm still getting stuttering as well. I'm wondering if it's an occlusion/transparency issue. Game is having problems bringing back in all those tree and grass textures as you turn. 

There's a particularly nasty sound bug related to AMD hardware the developers are currently working on. 

I'm on Intel, though :P  anyway, fixed it.

There's a particularly nasty sound bug related to AMD hardware the developers are currently working on. 

Was this not from the AMD CPU thread? Sound shouldn't (though it might) have anything to do with the GPU.

I have an i5 4690k @ 4.4ghz and get awful stuttering.

My GPU is an R9 270X, which isn't fantastic but I can get the game to run at over 100 FPS. Though still not playable with the stutter.

I got the same problem.

CPU: i5 3570K

RAM: 8GB

GPU: AMD Radeon 7880

It's a lot better since I disabled VSync!

Ok after playing again, especially on Chora I still have really bad stuttering. I could reduce the stuttering drastically be setting my draw distance to "Low". It seems to depend on the map, really.

Yeah same here. I can play 5 out of 7 maps just fine with around 60 FPS and unnoticable drops when turning. On Fool's Road and Chora my FPS will die as soon as I turn. I can kind of play Fool's Road, but Chora is completely unplayable for me.

I have been having the same issue. When I play on a full server my fps usually hovers around 30-45 but dips frequently to like 15 fps more then I would like it to.

I'm not certain but I think it may have something to do server side because when I play the training by myself my fps stay pretty much locked at 60fps.

I have also thought for me that maybe it could be my cpu bottle necking but according to intel xtreme tuning utility it's hovering anywhere from 40%-55%

I'm playing on my laptop HDMI'd to a 39 inch 1080p TV. All game settings on LOW.

Laptop specs:

Lenovo y510p

Intel Core i7-4700MQ @ 2.40GHz

Nvidia GT 750M x2 (SLI)

12 gig Ram at 1600hz

1 TB hdd at 5400 rpm with a 24 gig hybrid ssd

windows 10

Hoping this issue gets fixed as the game is great