dougwvb

Horrible lag spikes when you turn

I don;t think its GPUs specifically. Browsing through this it seems anyone with an AMD CPU or GPU is suffering.

Some Nvidia users reporting same problems too. And before v.3 all was running like charm (for me).

Same problem here.

GPU: AMD 7870 w/ cat 13.12 (deliberately old drivers)

CPU: i5-2500k

RAM: 16gb

Tried lowering my graphics settings so I get (basically) a constant 60fps, yet when turning the camera ~40degrees or whatever, frames drop to ~5. The stuttering pretty much kills the gameplay. I swear this wasn't occuring when I first installed, so maybe it's map/server specific too? Fool's road was definitely worse than Logar for example, but maybe player count also factors in. (Player count also seems to kill pings, server with 10 dudes had 80ping, once it filled up everyone was on ~250. Too high quality in-game VOIP stressing the server..?

Same issue here it's totally unplayable multiplayer... I first bought this game on steam I'm sad to hear it used to run fine :(

In solo mode it runs perfectly

Like others have said, lots of players and I can't move or turn without massive delays.. 

i5-3570K 

8GB RAM

SSD

NVidia GTX960

Please fix ASAP there are a lot of people who have the exact same issue from asking around on servers. Maybe they don't bother posting here

Some people said applying the tweaks of the OP post here helped them and I can agree that my performance is much better, even if I don't use the low graphic settings.

This is not the solution :( 

I have SSD too! What nvidia drivers ? 359.00 here.

I have vsynch on and SLI and using driver 359.06

Maybe i dont notice does spikes hard.

I have the same problem, no matter the settings I use.

Fatal1ty z68 Mobo

i5 2500k (oc to 4.2ghz)

12GB DDR3 RAM

GTX 760

10,000RPM HDD

Windows 8.1 x64

Same lag spikes here but decent FPS. Annoying as fuck, never had that problem in any other game. Not even Arma. :D 

i5 4440 3,2GHz

radeon r7 240

8 GB RAM

Win 8.1 x64

Not sure if the same issue is on Win8.1 as on Win10, but try disabling notifications in Windows and reboot before testing.

MY PROBLEM IS FIXED!

You'll never guess what was the problem. I started looking for a problem with windows 10, and not with Squad specifically, and I read this on reddit:

"I had this issue and it seems some others encountered the bug. What fixed it for me is going to settings, system, notifications, and turning off "show me tips about Windows." I believe that was the one causing problems, though I turned all of them off besides the app notifications. System processes went back down after a restart and haven't spiked since."

Seriously, how can this cause so much havoc?! The game now starts up as it should...

Not sure if the same issue is on Win8.1 as on Win10, but try disabling notifications in Windows and reboot before testing.

I'll try to give that a go. Not sure what the equivalent would be for 8.1 though.

Same issue here. Game runs fine (even with epic settings) in training and empty servers but in a populated server, lags occur almost anytime I turn my character.

It makes the game nearly implayable, with drops from 50 FPS to 10 FPS for a second or two. Firefights trigger lags too. I've changed settings to very low, disabled shadows, radio filter, edited .ini config files as said in another post, nothing solved it. Frustrating !

i5 4670K 3.4 Ghz

8 GB Ram

GTX 770

Win 7

i have the same problem when  explosions go off near me, i just tested it and it seems to also happen sometimes when i change directions.

windows 8.1

i5 4670k @ 4.2ghz

gtx 770

8gb ram

asus z-87 a mobo

Yeah, GAME BOOSTER WORKS !!!!! I can now play even on Chora or Sumari with more than 50 FPS (usually 55-70 !) with 50-72 players full servers, even with 2-300ms ping its still very playable, I could even set settings to Epic except Shadows medium and post processing medium too. With smo0ths performance tweaks applied to those levels of PP and shadows game is great and smooth !

Using SweetFX too.

We owe you one -MU- Ray !!

EDIT : GB seems not to fix 100% lags but in my case they got heavily reduced (almost invisible) and a map like Sumari full of people (most demanding) is very smooth.

I7 2600K @ 4.4, 16Gb RAM, R9 280X slightly OC, SSD, Win 7 64.

Have fun all of you guys and hope it will fix it for you too !!!

Same problem here. Also It is imposibble to shoot and move mouse somewhere else. I am not mentioning about lagging/strucking voip of course.

i5, gtx570, 8gb ram, windows 8.1.

SOLUTION !!!

At least for me: the IOBit Gamebooster!

No more lag spikes, nice fps. Here and there a small lag but I get that in every game.

Click for direct download: http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/iobit_game_booster,1.html

BIG ASS THANKS to Nightstalker21 and -MU- Ray!

I tried this out, and its definitely an improvement...frames went way up, but I still have the frame drops. :(