Litoralis

Devs Need Your Help! 4k in game screenshots

I try to make some more nice shots, but the problem is, my console key has not worked since like August, and even stranger is how it's still not working since the steam release that is now a brand new installation, but it does not really matter as when you use chat its also the console. (I tried assigning a key again to the console btw with not much luck)

*EDIT*

Never mind, it seems as soon as i type in highresshot 3/4, the game crashes... :(

Skrip   

Looking at the 4K shots I took for this thread, it's incredible. When viewed at 100%, the game looks like a painting! Has anyone else noticed that? 

You might wanna reupload those to like google drive or dropbox, uploading them to Flickr compresses the picture and loses some of its quality...

from the first post:

Upload them to somewhere that DOES NOT COMPRESS IMAGES.  Google Drive or Dropbox or similar.

wow these look amazing. what are you using to get it so nice ? im on EPIC with a tweaked .ini but these just look so much nicer

see the first post, it tells you the command to take 4k screenshots.

I have all my settings on epic, but i only play on 1080p, when i do the 4k screenshot command my game freezes for about 30 seconds to process the photo lol

WarFox89   

see the first post, it tells you the command to take 4k screenshots.

I have all my settings on epic, but i only play on 1080p, when i do the 4k screenshot command my game freezes for about 30 seconds to process the photo lol

That freeze happens because you use "HighResShot 4" command which render the picture at 8K (7680X4320) which is 4X bigger than 1080p.

OP contain a mistake :

Parameters

The HighResShot console command takes an optional parameter that can be either an integer number that is a multiplier of the current game's resolution or a 'WxH' value that sets width and height resolution explicitly.

Typing the following will take a screenshot that is twice as big as the screen resolution:

HighResShot 4

In fact, if you run the game at 1080p. you need to use "HighResShot 2" in order to render the picture at 4K (3840X2160) which is a X2 bigger then 1080p.

Nepsus   

I have got a fatal error and my game stops working when I type "HighResShot x " 
(I am using sweetFX, so it is perhaps incompatible )

Fatal error:[File:D\UE4\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Until.cpp][Line:259]D\UE4\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Viewport.cpp:(198):BackBuffer->GetResource() has 0 refs, expected 1

Edit: I made a post about this error in order to not hijack this thread. So if you have the same problem or a solution go there : http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/10497-highresshot-fatal-error/ .

Edited by Nepsus