Litoralis

Devs Need Your Help! 4k in game screenshots

76 posts in this topic

Hello Squaddies,

It is of utmost urgency that I come to you today asking for your help collecting 2K , 3K and (preferably) 4K screenshots of public multiplayer gameplay on EPIC settings.

You can do this in game while playing by typing in highresshot4 in your console.  With this console command the Unreal Engine will render a 4K resolution screenshot no matter what resolution you are playing the game in (1080P or whatever).

if you have a macro system running, you can take screenshots without disturbing your gaming.

make a macro that

brings up the console (tilde "`" key on English keyboards) and then

types disablehudwidgets and then presses Enter

types disableui and then presses Enter

types in "highresshot 4" (without the quotes) and then presses Enter.

types disablehudwidgets and then presses Enter

types disableui and then presses Enter

` disablehudwidgetsEnter` disableuiEnter` highresshot 4Enter` disablehudwidgetsEnter` disableuiEnter

Screenshots are saved at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Screenshots\WindowsNoEditor

Upload them to somewhere that DOES NOT COMPRESS IMAGES.  Google Drive or Dropbox or similar.

( Imgur = Bad, compresses all uploads for example)

This is for some publicity as we move into Early Access.

What we are most looking for is in game footage of the new factions, Russia and Militia, and the new maps, Sumari, Fools Road, Chora, new map layers, etc.

Thank you in advance for the help,

Litoralis

High Resolution Shot

The high resolution screenshot console command is a great cross-platform tool for taking very high resolution screenshots. It can be used to generate screenshots of any size that are based off of the screen resolution (or window resolution if the game is running in window mode). The high resolution screenshot console command does this by rendering the game frame multiple times, one tile at a time at full resolution and concatenating all tiles into a single image file.

The default behavior is to take a screenshot with a resolution 4 times greater than the game resolution and create an image file in the Screenshot folder. When running the game through the editor (PIE) or as standalone, open the command console by hitting ~ (tilde) and type:

HighResShot

Parameters

The HighResShot console command takes an optional parameter that can be either an integer number that is a multiplier of the current game's resolution or a 'WxH' value that sets width and height resolution explicitly.

Typing the following will take a screenshot that is twice as big as the screen resolution:

HighResShot 4

Similarly, the command below will take a screenshot at 3840 wide by 2160 high:

HighResShot 3840x2160
highresshot 2highresshot 3highresshot 4

DEFAULT SAVE LOCATION

Windows 7 and 8 (not sure about Windows 10)

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Screenshots\WindowsNoEditor

add your Windows username in the [username] location.

P.S. And of course you guys who play at 4K native at Epic settings, use whatever  screenshot program you prefer, and send me some pics please.

P.P.S.  If you use a keyboard layout where ` is not your console key, you can assign a console key by editing the very last line of this file to a key that works for you:

steamapps\common\Squad\Squad\Config\DefaultInput.ini 

ConsoleKey=None-ConsoleKeys=Tilde+ConsoleKeys=Tilde

so do i actually need to be running a 4k setup to take a 4k screenshot? or will it just render a 4k screenshot and save it?

EDIT: also how do I disable the HUD for a beautiful screenshot?

so do i actually need to be running a 4k setup to take a 4k screenshot? or will it just render a 4k screenshot and save it?

EDIT: also how do I disable the HUD for a beautiful screenshot?

No, it will just render in 4k. Disable hud commands are in the OP.

LOL I was ganna say ask @BASH. He was ontop of that quick!

No, it will just render in 4k. Disable hud commands are in the OP.

just making sure your staying on your toes, I knew it was in the OP ;)

If i got my camera access back I would have some epic shots, I deleted my old ones.. Keith is ignoring my emails... why? he asked ME to get back in touch with him.. fed up.

If i got my camera access back I would have some epic shots, I deleted my old ones.. Keith is ignoring my emails... why? he asked ME to get back in touch with him.. fed up.

If you dont play in 4k use the specific resolution.  (3840x2160).  If you multiply it'll be a lot bigger or a weird resolution, again IMO.

We'll get it back soon enough.  For now we must suffer.  lol

When I try to use "disableui" it tells me "Command not recognized." It auto-completes and everything but nothing happens.

Should i post them in this thread or do you want a link to the dropbox folder?

Forum won't post image adress so heres the folder for some Sumari's pics.  Sumari Folder

is there anyway to remove the green name tags but keep the compass? for gameplay shots for personal collection

Bash is one of the best screens posters in the game right now

:o  :o

f**king fantastic shot dude. saved that to my PC.

Giving bash a run for his money ;)

Thanks haha, my favorite shot too.

3 and 4 amazing - wow

I read that in oaks voice :D

Giving bash a run for his money ;)

I had no idea money was involved.  :o   Gotta step my game up.  200 B-roll uploads...go!

Epic game today with screenshots of the funniest moment when our squad decided to make a "squad" screenshot in our FOB.
While taking the screenshots we got executed by an American soldier, it was hilarious.

For the original 4K screenshots (10) go to the link below:

http://303rdtigers.enjin.com/forum/m/33083872/viewthread/25325528-epic-4k-screenshots-11122015/page/1

http://i.imgur.com/NXWjjnW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Lwho4Zd.jpg

NXWjjnW.jpg
Lwho4Zd.jpg