Sign in to follow this  
Darman1138

What genre do you think Squad falls under?

I was just wondering what genre Squad would fall in.

I think that Casual Tactical sounds good.

Casual Tactical. yes. that's how i sometimes feel about it. 

Accessible but deep enough that being a squad leader is a big deal and requires a bit of a thinker. 

On the FPS hardcoreness spectrum, Squad will probably be above Red Orchestra: Ostfront '41 - '45, but below ArmA III.

I don't believe that Squad will have any competitors for its gameplay style. PR is a very unique game.

Multiplayer First Person Tactical Teamwork Political Crisis Resolution Simulation (tongue in cheek)

hahahahaha

PR yes maybe.

Squad NOOOOOO

I actually find this statement rather frightening...

I actually find this statement rather frightening...

I'm sure a few of us might be concerned about that.

Info anyone?

Maybe a little off topic here, but the first time I played PR, I didn't understand how creating emplacements worked (I was playing SP with bots). When I finally entered a Multiplayer game, and saw how the entrenching tools really worked, I spent the next few matches almost exclusively running around shoveling things for various squad leaders. It was (oddly enough) some of the best fun I've had in a video game.

Basically, I would be fine with a shoveling simulator, as long as there are guns and vehicles and other things devoted to war as well.

IMHO, Squad/PR are both Cooperative/Collaborative Shooters. They can be Casual or Tactical, it only depends on how you play. They can also be a large-scale MilSim or a simple 2-faction conflict, it only depends on the map/game mode.

I think SQUAD is trying to aim be between COD and ArmA game style and little less serious than PR, but I honestly think to get the players and $$$ over time it will end up being just another COD or Insurgency.

It can't be insurgency since scale is a lot different and bad communcations etc. are all dependant of players. Now as a player who have spend almost last 10 years or so playing a commercial game similar in many ways to PR I really don't see many of these points of concerns about too COD like really worth the fear. With dedicated server all those problems not exist, with public lounge server the game might be a mess at worst, but dedicated server NO. Many of the features that are asked based on that similar "too COD" like consern also seems to be arising in the fact that people think that public server is all what Squad will have, which I see kind of funny. If the cost of running private server is too high for invidual just team up make a PR heritage assosiation to run premium servers. :)