Boxknife

U.S. Marines or U.S. Army?

Ooooh. The US army is probably a pretty obvious one seeing as most people know what they look like. But what about the insurgents? Do you guys have any source material (pictures or whatever) that you're willing to share?

In a previous comment they said that they would look something like Syrian rebels. Some may even have jeans on and sneakers, but would be wearing a mag vest something of military nature. 

Ooooh. The US army is probably a pretty obvious one seeing as most people know what they look like. But what about the insurgents? Do you guys have any source material (pictures or whatever) that you're willing to share?

Not at the moment, no. Not outside Syrian rebel inspiration, but who knows what we will eventually do. They kind of evolve during their development.

I imagine there's a lot of references for insurgent fighters based on all the propaganda and such throughout the wars- there is no exact uniform obviously

Would love to see some in tracksuits and addidas. a scout class or the like. I'm excited for whatever they do really.

Would love to see some in tracksuits and addidas. a scout class or the like. I'm excited for whatever they do really.

hqdefault.jpg

Let's not forget who brought this particular class of combatant to the public eye.

Usually it is just the Tier 1 that gets to wear the FAST. According to internets people still prefer the full size for the additional protection. 

I am all for a mix of all the current helmets being issued. 

Not necessarily, the US Army was in Fallujah several times fighting.

Marines were in Europe and you don't hear shit about them

Marines. All day, every day.

Buuttt as much as I love my beloved Corps, it is standard operating procedure to have ACOGs on M16/4's in an Infantry Battalion and no they are not the fancy highspeed ones with an aimpoint/reddot.

So imagine an entire team with ACOGs. They will have the advantage at distance but force that team in a CQB environment... The slaughter will be real.

Marines have jpoints attached to the top of their acogs often that act as aimpoints and red-dots 

Marines have jpoints attached to the top of their acogs often that act as aimpoints and red-dots 

Banshee and I are infantry Marines and as late as 2011, no we did not except for the SDO (SAW optic similar to the ACOG RCO).

Banshee and I are infantry Marines and as late as 2011, no we did not except for the SDO (SAW optic similar to the ACOG RCO).

We have around 8 of these optics at my unit for the 240b since the SAW has since been phased out buy the m27 IAR, and we dont have any M27's in our armory, but our grunts within our regiment use them on the IAR's. Even have the little RMR ontop of them too. Neat optics for machine guns.

We have around 8 of these optics at my unit for the 240b since the SAW has since been phased out buy the m27 IAR, and we dont have any M27's in our armory, but our grunts within our regiment use them on the IAR's. Even have the little RMR ontop of them too. Neat optics for machine guns.

Bunch of boots around here. In my day the only optic we had for the SAW was the night optic AN\PVS 17c. I also rocked a pas 13 on a dummy chord around my neck that gave me the worst headaches I've ever had in my life when scanning an area for more than 10 minutes haha. We did have an ACOG for the M16 a4's though, a couple in each squad during my first deployment, and then nearly one for everyone the following year. Semper Fi Devil Dogs.

Marines are coming out of the woodwork! We need a BC in here to beat us back into our holes with mandatory fun days.

In all seriousness though, are we going to see regular Army units or more like "Ranger types" like we have in game now with their high speed helmets? I feel like I already know the answer but you never know.

Marines are coming out of the woodwork! We need a BC in here to beat us back into our holes with mandatory fun days.

In all seriousness though, are we going to see regular Army units or more like "Ranger types" like we have in game now with their high speed helmets? I feel like I already know the answer but you never know.

Regular units, the current models for the US Army and Insurgents are placeholders.

So Its safe to say we wont see a marine faction at all? That would be a real Shame.

I love the marines.

Read the rest of the thread.

SgtRoss: "Obviously, we would like to have both eventually, I am a Marine for crying out loud!"

Read the rest of the thread.

SgtRoss: "Obviously, we would like to have both eventually, I am a Marine for crying out loud!"

No, it's not "safe to say". What this guy said ^^^. 

have we a date for modification of us army ?

Most I can tell you is that the design document is created and modeling work has started.