Boxknife

U.S. Marines or U.S. Army?

50 posts in this topic

Is the American faction in squad going to still be U.S. Army during their new rework along with insurgents? Or will it be switched of to U.S. Marine Forces? Maybe well get lucky and have both. 

I would like both, but the Marine Corps. are more recognized. Army Corps. is also very good, both serve to protect our country. Why not both?

I don't see a reason why we wouldn't have both.

Don't they use totally different clothing and gear?

I'm no expert and the only reason I think this is because of the RHS mod for Arma 3, but if that's accurate then the reason not to have both would be because you'd be creating two entirely different models to represent two branches of the same country's military.

I'm not saying down the line they shouldn't have both, but I would much rather see a totally new country or faction rather than another US military branch as a priority.

They will need to make the Marines eventually for the Fallujah remake. Unless they make it so that it's the Army fighting Daesh.

They will need to make the Marines eventually for the Fallujah remake. Unless they make it so that it's the Army fighting Daesh.

Daesh will not be in Squad. Known terrorist factions will not be in Squad, natively, ever.

It is almost certain we will have both Marines and Army. I think what will happen though, is that one will get completed, and then the other will be put aside for a long while, so the devs can prioritize more diverse factions like the Brits and French. Then after that, the remaining US force will be put into the game.

I would be really surprised if we didn't eventually get both Marines and Army.

marines will be in first, then army.

From what I remember U.S. Army is first and maybe marines will go in later. I think Ross said that in a thread a bit of time ago. I have no source, sorry.

marines will be in first, then army.

What the hell, dude, it was going to be a surprise!

Marines. All day, every day.

Buuttt as much as I love my beloved Corps, it is standard operating procedure to have ACOGs on M16/4's in an Infantry Battalion and no they are not the fancy highspeed ones with an aimpoint/reddot.

So imagine an entire team with ACOGs. They will have the advantage at distance but force that team in a CQB environment... The slaughter will be real.

the pistol is m9a1 which is oh used bymarines

definitely not an actual source, but thanks!

definitely not an actual source, but thanks!

I read it on a thread on reddit I think forever ago, but this was one of the reasoning, the current weaponset is for marines (M1014 and M9A1) as opposed to army which would use M590 and M9

Is the American faction in squad going to still be U.S. Army during their new rework along with insurgents? Or will it be switched of to U.S. Marine Forces? Maybe well get lucky and have both. 

US Army and Insurgents are next to be remade.

I don't see a reason why we wouldn't have both.

Obviously, we would like to have both eventually, I am a Marine for crying out loud!

Not necessarily, the US Army was in Fallujah several times fighting.

From what I remember U.S. Army is first and maybe marines will go in later. I think Ross said that in a thread a bit of time ago. I have no source, sorry.

This is correct, for a short period we decided (in secret) to switch to the US Marines instead of remodeling the US Army, but in light of recent development, we decided it was in our best interest time and money wise to stick with remodeling the US Army.

Sorry to all my Marine brothers and sisters out there, but dev. life yo'.

Marines. All day, every day.

Buuttt as much as I love my beloved Corps, it is standard operating procedure to have ACOGs on M16/4's in an Infantry Battalion and no they are not the fancy highspeed ones with an aimpoint/reddot.

So imagine an entire team with ACOGs. They will have the advantage at distance but force that team in a CQB environment... The slaughter will be real.

Semper Fi Brother.

Obviously, we would like to have both eventually, I am a Marine for crying out loud!

Not necessarily, the US Army was in Fallujah several times fighting.

This is correct, for a short period we decided (in secret) to switch to the US Marines instead of remodeling the US Army, but in light of recent development, we decided it was in our best interest time and money wise to stick with remodeling the US Army.

Sorry to all my Marine brothers and sisters out there, but dev. life yo'.

Semper Fi brother, hope the Marines will make it to this game eventually! 

Are the changes going to be pretty big, like a complete overhaul? Or are you guys just going to make them prettier?

Are the changes going to be pretty big, like a complete overhaul? Or are you guys just going to make them prettier?

Overhaul.

Overhaul.

Ooooh. The US army is probably a pretty obvious one seeing as most people know what they look like. But what about the insurgents? Do you guys have any source material (pictures or whatever) that you're willing to share?