Hey.

I just got idea it could be interesting if healing friends as a medic wouldn't be only by clicking and holding a button. Medic role could use more interesting ideas. What do you think about some kind of system more complicated but still "balanced". Medic that heals someone would have to do some actions and focus on doing it right, otherwise healing would end with the total deadth of the wounded friend. That would be more immersive and also would force healthy teammates to provide cover fire or support to medic. What do you think ? I know that it's maybe not a good example but my thoughts were about something like a "mini game" while healing...

they already have a "mini game".its called "find the gun"!plus i play a medic almost every round  and i think it is a hard enough job personally.

Its already hard to get medical treatment..dont put more obligations

And we have problem when we got new build with double rpg/granadiers..everybody grabs that roles and almost

every round found no medic in squad...not happy at all

I am already in stress healing some one on my stomach with bullets flying 3'' above my head, getting hit myself after that, and seeing there are 5 more people who need revive... total chaos.

I thought the medical training in AA was pretty cool. It taught you a few basics of real life trauma care. That being said, I can't think of a way to recreate that in the engine without problems, and especially without showing a bunch of gore. Maybe something like the lockpicking in Fallout?

sounds like you'd like the game "Medic Simulator 2015"

Surgeon Simulator? That looks pretty sweet.

No.  Just no.

While I hate using Arma or its mods as a counterpoint, the ACE mod tried that.  It was, to say the least, painful in ACE2, and remains so in ACE3.  The amount of time it takes to revive one person severely detracts from the gameplay, nevermind any kind of mass casualty event.

This would cause no one to play medic, and people would just respawn anyway, because it's faster than waiting for Doc to spend 5 minutes rezzing you.

No. Just no.

While I hate using Arma or its mods as a counterpoint, the ACE mod tried that. It was, to say the least, painful in ACE2, and remains so in ACE3. The amount of time it takes to revive one person severely detracts from the gameplay, nevermind any kind of mass casualty event.

This would cause no one to play medic, and people would just respawn anyway, because it's faster than waiting for Doc to spend 5 minutes rezzing you.

I love ACE3 and its medical system because it brings actual milsim levels of sim to the mil aspect. But there isnt any place for that level of detail in Squad.

they already have a "mini game".its called "find the gun"!plus i play a medic almost every round and i think it is a hard enough job personally.

this doesnt actually count much towards a counter point when its a bug that is going to be fixed.

I thought the medical training in AA was pretty cool. It taught you a few basics of real life trauma care. That being said, I can't think of a way to recreate that in the engine without problems, and especially without showing a bunch of gore. Maybe something like the lockpicking in Fallout?

but in the end, you ended up just holding f to heal :)

H2Wdu6W.jpg

No.. thx.

If the people want realism, this IS realism... Fucking fobbits with nothing better to do than use rank to fuck about the actual combat soldiers.

If someone had an advanced combat medical mod, I cant say I wouldnt be interested in seeing what it was doing.

The main problem with advanced medical is that you cant really make it more advanced and in-depth without making it take longer.

If it takes longer, people will just respawn.

If the game removed rally points all together, and made respawning take 5 minutes and limited it to only at main, instead of 1 minute to a rally point, then I might be interested to see how the pace of combat differed with people knowing they cant die without waiting 5 minutes. At least there you would find an interest to heal up. I'm not suggesting this would be good. I would be interested to see how something like that played out. I think it would have a hard time finding a player base however.

EDIT. I think I basically just described some of my experience in Arma2 OA. So. Thats why they have ACRE/ACE