Sign in to follow this  
Denegao

Animations and Detail

Hello everyone. I'll say how much i like simulations game and how much some detail make the difference!

I already lived in the war, and i know how hard is this life. All games always try to recreate the combat, always lack one datail. In my opinion some animations can make a difference.

1. Soldier fall at nearby explosions and after few seconds he gets up and back to the combat.
  2. Agony screams when the soldier is hit, lost the movements and visible bullets wounds.
  3. More animation with soldier hands to climb and interactions to touch obstacle and rise from the ground. (In my opinion it's very important to combat simulation) :)
  4. Different positions to shoot and change the shoulder gun.
  5. Bullets holes in the walls and house.
  6. And of course a lot of blood! Blood is the essence. After intense fight you see blood on the walls everywhere. This sounds strange but is real.

If you have others opinions about simulate combats write in the comments so we know who you are crazy about war!!!

not to pop your bubble but this isnt a simulation game, its still going to be somewhat arcade.

This is already bullet wound decals and also decals for walls and trees.

There wont be any sort of gore in the base game. 

If anything i would really love to see some black tie smoke / ambient smoke, the towns are always way to clean

I am also in favor of more detailed animations. This is some time out, if the devs decide to do it at all.

Not in favor of agony screams.

1. Agony screams when the soldier is hit, lost the movements and visible bullets wounds.

Insurgency got this part right and it is not annoying while adding lots to the immersion!

You also automatically tell your team mates when you are reloading, being suppress, being hit etc, you basically fell the stress and the heat of the firefight. In Squad and PR and many other games being shot at is so calm and peacefull... when it should be chaotic and shocking.

" In Squad and PR and many other games being shot at is so calm and peacefull... when it should be chaotic and shocking."

Wait until you are in the 100 man server defending the last flag in a game# peaceful     SAY WHAT ! 

my ears still hurt this morning

Agreed Deadduck! I don' t find this game calm and peaceful except at the beginning of a round, and then not for long...

All I can say is, give it time.

Animations is one of bottlenecks at the moment, everyone will have to wait until after EA to see anything new come in, the entire system has to be reworked and many things will change because of it.

This isn't really an animation thing; it has more to do with detail.

I've seen quite a few videos coming out of Syria and Iraq where after a tank has been hit with a TOW or an RPG, flames shoot out of the turret. Would something like that be at all possible to do UE4?

Animating something realistically is one of the hardest parts of development, everyone is super critical of it (people pick up on mistakes quite easily as the work is on screen all game long) and everyone seems to always want more. It's a lot of work to do the simplest of things, you cannot expect such dramatic changes on such a short timeline.

Rising Storm has the most agonizing death sounds/animations, they are actually kinda horrific when you're walking around with the flamethrower listening to the screams of Japanese soldiers cooking alive. It's super immersive but it's almost overboard on brutality.

I've seen quite a few videos coming out of Syria and Iraq where after a tank has been hit with a TOW or an RPG, flames shoot out of the turret. Would something like that be at all possible to do UE4?

ARE YOU QUESTIONING THE ALMIGHTY BRUNO (visual fx artist)?!

Hah, yeah, it is possible. Have you seen the incendiary grenade effects or the ammo cache cooking off? 

All inspired by such videos and our real life experience. So, yeah, we can do stuff like that with tanks getting hit in the ammunition storage or prolonged burning of the vehicle cooking off its ammo.

ChanceBrahh,

not to pop your bubble but this isnt a simulation game, its still going to be somewhat arcade.

This is already bullet wound decals and also decals for walls and trees.

There wont be any sort of gore in the base game. 

this isn't a simulation game. Ok see ArmA3, is a arcade game too, but you've the option to create mod and create your own vision of simulation. Maybe this is the best way to player like me  who wanna create intense combats. We'll building mods?

Create AI system and realistic mods looks good, play a nice coop with mods is good ^^

I am also in favor of more detailed animations. This is some time out, if the devs decide to do it at all.

Not in favor of agony screams.

Screams are already in the game and to me the screams, and moans add a lot to the feel and emotion of the game. Nothing like throwing a grenade into a compound and hearing the foe screaming with a conformed hit..