riafomh

Just a few questions

Apologies if this appears elsewhere in the forums.  I did try to search but found nothing obvious relating.  For that matter, I couldn't even find a 'search' function to help me search - just pan-n-scan with my own eyes.  So if this is covered / belongs in another section, please feel free to move into the appropriate post / thread.

1)  Friendly fire - will that be 'on'?  I hope so / prefer if it is.  Always played Hardcore versions of Battlefield because I find FF aspects to be more realistic, and dislike this idea of being able to shoot each other in the back with no consequences, and it affects gameplay when players don't have to worry about that (players stack up firing at / through each other without consequences, and if / when the first player in the stack goes down, it 'releases' all the bullet spray from those firing behind him.... unrealistic).  I assume since this is all about realism, that FF physics will be enabled, but I'd just like to hear it first hand is all.

2) This will be a PC only game, yes?  I have a MacBook Pro - will I be able to run it on that?  Keep in mind that Apple now uses the same (or similar) Intel chips as regular PC's do, although of course they're on a different OS.  Before both platforms were more or less completely incompatible, whereas now many games run on both PC or Apple computers. This will run via Steam?  Steam works for both PC and Apple, and I do have Steam installed on my Mac.  (I mostly installed it to enjoy Universe Sandbox)

Thank you for your time in answering my questions.  Just got here checking things out, and it looks VERY promising so far.  If possible, and not sure what the 'path to enlightenment' might be, but I would love to work my way up into some position where I can support or otherwise help out in the development of this project.  I am an intelligent and creative individual with quite a comprehensive background, with skill-sets that surely could be put to good use by you guys; unfortunately I have zero experience with current coding (30 years ago though I was a bit of a computer prodigy back when Commodore was still on the scene...)  But my own background and knowledge of many things perhaps more on the periphery of this project, might be of use to you.  I'm thinking things like human Socialogy, Leadership, Morale within any organization and / or how it applies on the battlefield, etc.  Military knowledge / background, historical statistics, etc.  Understanding how people think / act, etc.

I am and have been a Clan Leader for some time.  As a reference you can check out my website at:   www.arkgaming.enjin.com

I will begin slowly by throwing some donation $$ your way, posting intelligent and well constructed threads in this forum, and simply present to you my best and most honorable self, and see what eventually develops from there.  (by no means do I expect to become 'President-of-the-Glee-Club' overnight)

Thanks once again gentlemen, and keep up the most excellent work.  I'm sure this will see fruitiion in no time.

Good job.

Apologies if this appears elsewhere in the forums.  I did try to search but found nothing obvious relating.  For that matter, I couldn't even find a 'search' function to help me search - just pan-n-scan with my own eyes.  So if this is covered / belongs in another section, please feel free to move into the appropriate post / thread.

1)  Friendly fire - will that be 'on'?  I hope so / prefer if it is.  Always played Hardcore versions of Battlefield because I find FF aspects to be more realistic, and dislike this idea of being able to shoot each other in the back with no consequences, and it affects gameplay when players don't have to worry about that (players stack up firing at / through each other without consequences, and if / when the first player in the stack goes down, it 'releases' all the bullet spray from those firing behind him.... unrealistic).  I assume since this is all about realism, that FF physics will be enabled, but I'd just like to hear it first hand is all.

2) This will be a PC only game, yes?  I have a MacBook Pro - will I be able to run it on that?  Keep in mind that Apple now uses the same (or similar) Intel chips as regular PC's do, although of course they're on a different OS.  Before both platforms were more or less completely incompatible, whereas now many games run on both PC or Apple computers. This will run via Steam?  Steam works for both PC and Apple, and I do have Steam installed on my Mac.  (I mostly installed it to enjoy Universe Sandbox)

Thanks once again gentlemen, and keep up the most excellent work.  I'm sure this will see fruitiion in no time.

Good job.

Thanks for your encouragement. Much appreciated. 

1. Friendly fire - Absolutely 100%

2. Very likely or at least that is the plan currently. Epic is putting a lot of support into linux / Mac platform.If they successful we likely will be too. 

Cheers!

Thank you, IronTaxi, for your prompt reply.

One more quick question:  reviewing the most excellent and promising first pre-Alpha gameplay video, I noticed that no one went prone (or wait - did they?  That one fella on the rooftop maybe....) - will the ability to go prone be in the game?

I'm assuming so.

Thx.  And sorry for these early 'kindergarten steps' type questions.  I'm still finding my legs around here.

:)

I did notice elsewhere people making comments / questions around other, more involved aspects of things like soldier fatigue and movement, etc - so I assume that much which is not obviously there, but should be obviously there, will come into implementation down the road.  I'll try to give the more obvious things the benefit of the doubt, but I may probe more of these questions down the road.

Is there some section detailing all these things somewhere?  So rather than silly threads like mine here, we can all 'congregate around the board' and simply see where we're at with what?

Thanks again for your time - I feel like I'm bothering busy people here....