Sign in to follow this  
John Chambers

An option to make the difference.

Hello soldiers,

Synopsis:

I have a pretty long experience in video games now.

For all the (gaming) veterans, if you remember, Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 were awesome games, until Battlefield 3... and guess what killed the Battlefield licence... --> Statistics !

This is the worst bullshit ever made: BattlelogKDR, SPM, KPM etc.  They are the murderers of Teamwork and they created the biggest Ego-Shooter ever made.

They created a whole generation of selfish players, who need some gratefulness in their life, and the best way for them to have some, is to shine on a scoreboard or on a statistical profile page.

But it's not all their fault. Youtubers and Twitchers, they created the hype, this is like a movie, always more explosions, more kills, more spectacular, and your KDR determines your credibility for these people, not your Teamwork or your Tactical approach.

Suggestion:

I beg the devs, to remove, or at least to add an option (for server admin) to enable or disable, the "Kill" and "Death" columns on the scoreboard, and just keep the "Score" column.

This is a huge filter at the entry of the server, and it would allow to avoid selfish people.

Arguments:

I can guess already your answers: "Just kick selfish players".  Yes probably... but a kick will not change the attitudes and the mentalities.  But now, he's connecting on the server, he pushes tabulation button and no KDR... 2 options: he leaves or he makes a try. But now, he is not anymore focused on the scoreboard, he discovers a new way to play, and for sure he will take more pleasure in this way.

The kick is the easy option, but I believe fervently, our rôle, is to change the mentalities of these people who will come from others games, not to condamn. And with adequate tools, we could show them the way the game is designed for.

Thank you for reading.

English is not my native language, sorry for my syntax.

As it stands right now, you only see your kills and deaths after the match is over. You dont get to see it during the match.

And only being able to see it at the end of the round is kind of an incentive to stick it out and fight to the end which is nice in my opinion.

I dont understand what you mean by ''selfish people''? You cant see your kills when the game is live, its only after the round is over you can see your kills. And it is nice to see how many people you killed and how many times youve died, it allows to reflect after the round is over to see what changes you need to make to lessen the deaths. maybe the tactics? It allows also the SL to see how many mistakes he made making bad calls and killing the whole squad in the process. I think it should stay as it is. 

I die ALL THE TIME ! whilst I am capturing flags !

250 deaths for 5 flag captures could win the game 

being killed 250 times by the same player don't mean SQUAT !

after the steam rush i believe it will settle down and the game will be played as designed

Well it kinda does mate, I dont know how it is in here but in PR when you die 1 time thats -1 ticket. 

being killed 250 times by the same player don't mean SQUAT !

lol mate i understand your intent but 250 is kind of past pushing it, and definitely into the extreme. in most game modes and as most sides, one guy dying 250 times could essentially mean he won it for the other team. that is a lot of tickets.

The last thing that matters

for me in Squad is my KDR. Alot of the times i don't even look at this at the end of the game. I just know that i done my best to help my team win the round and this is the best feeling in the world. If even if we lost and i died alot more then i killed still very happy from the gameplay and it's far more important then the result imho.