Ikagara

Triple Monitor(16:3) Compatibility and FOV study

I have redone the FOV comparison between 16:9 and 16:3 for ultra wide monitor(s) like the one I did here:  http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/6461-alpha-v2triple-monitor163-close-but-not-yet/

As of 3.1 there is no max value for FOV. The slider only moves between 80-120 but you can select the number and type anything you want and it will apply.(No longer works as of V4) The FOV feature still behaves the same way as it did in V2 however now that there is no max limit I am able to compensate to allow for proper FOV at ultra wide aspect ratios. 

For a 3 monitor setup, this chart is the approximate conversion. 

16:9  to  16:3

80  ≈  140

100  ≈  150

120  ≈  160

The menus sizes are still asking a little odd, but nothing that gets in the way. Ill add more pictures of the UI in detail later as i play in wide. 

(below: visual comparison) 

Lahp9gC.jpg

Bonus image: GOING TO HYPER SPACE (FOV set to 179...)

TFJo1Kz.jpg

Got a chance to play a little. Its working out pretty well.

If you join a server or re spawn, you need to go in to settings and his "apply" to reset the FOV to what you set it. It seems to set itself to a default value on spawn. 

performance is good, though turning on post processing to high/epic halfs the FPS. 30 FPS with all settings on epic, 60+ when post processing is on medium or lower. 

Menus are mostly there. Only a couple elements are cut in half on the vertical

In game UI is alright, though chat is on left of the far left screen, and the map comes up on the right of the far right screen. other HUD indicators do the same thing. Having the map on the far right like that is actually nice. you can have it up and it wont block your view so you can still be moving, and responding to danger without your view being obstructed. 

QbJJPmG.jpg1vaIK8d.jpg

iOffmmF.jpg

This is great news that this game supports triple-monitor setups! I've been a tactical shooter fan ever since America's Army. I recently bought a monitor that supports 3440x1440 resolution. Am I correct to assume that this game will support 21:9 as well?

I'll be buying two copies once the 15th hits!

This is great news that this game supports triple-monitor setups! I've been a tactical shooter fan ever since America's Army. I recently bought a monitor that supports 3440x1440 resolution. Am I correct to assume that this game will support 21:9 as well?

I'll be buying two copies once the 15th hits!

As far as i know its not officially supported right now. Typing in a value outside of 80-120 seems to be a glitch which may or may not be patched. I think that at 21:9 you should be good within the 80-120 FOV range though. 

In the current version of the steam early access release, super wide aspect ratios still do work with the same method above. The only diffrences i have noticed are with the main menu and its diologs now stretch across all 3 screens apposed to being just on the center one. They are still only half as high as they should be though. 

It seems to support whatever resolution you enter in config file.

Yes, 3440x1440 works just fine.. and looks amazing.

Another look at what triple monitor support looks like right now.

lpIKIsZ.png

Credit: Insomniumer on Reddit

As of Alpha V4 you can not type in a value outside of the 90-120 range to adjust your FOV for ultra wide aspect ratios. Depending on how wide the aspect ratio is it may be an issue to play. 

I have made a new attempt at seeing if i can get triple monitor (wide aspect ratio) to work and the same issue still seems to be there. 

I have found this: 

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/5372-triple-monitor-support/?do=findComment&comment=151607

and updated with this: http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/21415-triple-screen-fov-problem/?do=findComment&comment=235975

[/script/Engine.LocalPlayer]
AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

I gave the solution of adding the above a try and found that it did have a change, but has now presented me with the opposite problem. Instead of the view being too zoomed in, its now too zoomed out and would require a FOV of 60 or 70, which is under the limit of 90 for the slider. 

I haven't found any other leads for a solution yet in the forums. 

Has anyone else had any luck?