GreenGreenKing

This Game Must Have 2 Main Mods "Battle Royal" and "King Of The Hill"

1 hour ago, LaughingJack said:

totally get where you're coming from but, dare i say: PUBG is that game, Squad is not. - want BR? then play PUBG since it appears to do a good job of BR and already has the crowd.

also: not within the Devs ideals (iirc)so ... modding!

why does you name ring a bell with me?

I use to fight with you back before the server wars in Joint Operations...  :)

Not saying replacing the core game of SQUAD but this game is made for battle royal.  Let those who like that addictive game mode play it and they would have funded the development of the rest of the game for years.

PUBG will fade away as quickly as it got big the day something better comes along.   Anyone playing DayZ, HIZI anymore ???  

I dont even know why the hell are we even discussing this?

im sure the ability to mod the game could provide this so those of us that dont want it dont need to download it.

At first glance i thought this was a terrible idea. But now when i really think about it, it may be the best thing yet! 

look at it this way, all the solo BF4/1 , PUBG, CSGO, Fortnite , no mic, disobeying players will flock to that game mode that OP proposed, leaving all the other servers clear of BS and maybe, just maybe , we can get the atmosphere of pre-free-to-play Project Reality in SQUAD. Wouldn't that be wonderful? 

The premise of making a game because you think it will be popular and make a lot of money is the realm of the AAA houses. The reality of making a game your passionate about and want to play even if it maybe more of a niche game, not appealing to the mainstream, is more akin to the independent development houses like OWI. I believe the best and most innovative work will come from those with that passion and not those chasing the money. Now if OWI really wanted to have made a battle royal style game from Squad I am sure they probably could of, one way or another, but they have said they would leave that to modders which show me they have zero interest in it. In lots of ways I am glad. You only have to look at what happened with H1Z1 when it started as an interesting zombie survival game, Sony sold it to another dev team, introduced King of the Kill and then chased the money leaving the original survival game to turn into the car crash of a game it is now.

TL:DR Developers should stick to what they're passionate about and success should hopefully follow however mainstream or niche.

1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

The premise of making a game because you think it will be popular and make a lot of money is the realm of the AAA houses. The reality of making a game your passionate about and want to play even if it maybe more of a niche game, not appealing to the mainstream, is more akin to the independent development houses like OWI. I believe the best and most innovative work will come from those with that passion and not those chasing the money. Now if OWI really wanted to have made a battle royal style game from Squad I am sure they probably could of, one way or another, but they have said they would leave that to modders which show me they have zero interest in it. In lots of ways I am glad. You only have to look at what happened with H1Z1 when it started as an interesting zombie survival game, Sony sold it to another dev team, introduced King of the Kill and then chased the money leaving the original survival game to turn into the car crash of a game it is now.

TL:DR Developers should stick to what they're passionate about and success should hopefully follow however mainstream or niche.

+1

Leave Battle Royal to other titles and modders. 

On 12/04/2018 at 5:08 PM, ShevermiN said:

I use to fight with you back before the server wars in Joint Operations...  :)

Ahhh, the good old days ;)

4 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

Ahhh, the good old days ;)

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be these days.

Posted (edited)

@op... no.

This game pre vehicles and radio spam spawns had an amazing feel... your team, sl and rally where all important, it was intense even when you weren't engaged in a fight... how did they lose that so easily and not recognise what was lost.... they don't even seem to understand how to eliminate this stupid cock block gameplay that you are forced to play... you have to cock block or lose and if your logi hits a tree at the start of the game and you're delayed 20 seconds its a serious setback to the point of losing the round.

How did such this game end up being such a cluster **** cock block rush?

/end rant

Edited by v76

On 4/12/2018 at 9:07 AM, Major Trouble said:

+1