Cheesy_LeScrub

SQUAD - the Cheesy Tactical Guide

45 posts in this topic

Good evening all,

I'd like to present to you the Cheesy Tactical Guide for SQUAD.

GuideMain_zpseiepxor7.png

So, what is it? Well, I might as well quote directly from the source--

It is an exposition of the tactics and techniques that I employ to make my experience of Squad the best that it can be—for myself and for my team.

The Guide consists of three distinct sections: Basic Soldiering, Basic Leadership, and the Formula for Success. Each explores the various concepts, techniques, and procedures that are applicable to the infantryman, the Squad Leader, and the team respectively. The goal? To promote education within, and enhance the proficiency of, our already tactically astute community.   

The Guide is somewhat a labour of love. Unfortunately, it only includes a third of the content I initially set out to cover. If you all enjoy the Guide, I'll work to extend and supplement what exists with any suggestions that you guys may have. Obviously I will work to maintain its relevance and accuracy as the game evolves and we move through further stages of development.

Enough from me.

Happy reading and happy hunting. See you on the field.

Been reading / skimming since you sent me an earlier version. Really impressive work mate, you should be proud.

It is long, 40 odd pages, but if you even just have 10 minutes just to skim a section of interest, I highly recommend it. For new players and old.

With Usgu's work and now this, we'll be able to start compiling an entire Library of Squad related documentation. Pile of literature for future commanders, squad leaders and fireteam leaders to peruse and debate over for years to come. :)

Nice work mate, very nice work. Just gave it a quick scim and will read it in depth later tonight. Hopefully now i won't scare too many new players away once i get better at the SL roll.

Lovely work so far. I see some Swedge's sentences and style from old PR guide which is nice. Ok lets go back to reading. Thx Cheesy! Outstanding work

I got to page 6 over a brew. I can't wait to carry on reading this and see other views on game styles.

Fantastic work Cheesy, this deserves a pin!!

Was the shape at p26 done on purpose or it a coincidence ?

What do you think :P

Yes please!

I love reading military manuals, reading one designed specifically for Squad would be very interesting. Don't forget to add a lot of pictures as examples, using arrows and circles explaining what to do in each situation.  

I love reading military manuals, reading one designed specifically for Squad would be very interesting. Don't forget to add a lot of pictures as examples, using arrows and circles explaining what to do in each situation.  

It's not that type of guide just yet. I left out the portion on infantry minor tactics due to restrictions of space, time, and tactical masturbation. These, of course, may follow. For now, there's Dslyecxi's guide for Arma (TTP3) which covers all of that in exceptional detail.

It's not that type of guide just yet. I left out the portion on infantry minor tactics due to restrictions of space, time, and tactical masturbation. These, of course, may follow. For now, there's Dslyecxi's guide for Arma (TTP3) which covers all of that in exceptional detail.

hmmm...im not really sure i would want to read Dslyecxi's guide to tactical masturbation in exceptional detail. :mellow:

Good work sir :)

Hopefully we can throw a link to this around launch time in case we have some new comers that wants a bit of light reading ;)

Edit:

Hopefully we can require this around launch time.  we have some new comers that wants a reading ;)

This is really great work! I especially like the repeated " it's not about you!". Nice job Cheesy!

Hopefully we can throw a link to this around launch time in case we have some new comers that wants a bit of light reading ;)

Please feel free to do so :)

wow... great work.. 

Thanks, Taxi :)

Cheesy, I'll add a link to your guide in the manual. Thanks for adding a link in your guide to the manual.

Right now I am too busy with getting the manual ready for Early Access, but I am already looking forward to the time when I get to read your guide - I will dig it. I hope there will be more community-written guides coming out in the future.

I hope there will be more community-written guides coming out in the future.

I am slowly working on one now; mainly centered around squad level tactics, and not the 'basics & how-to'

Cheesy, I'll add a link to your guide in the manual. Thanks for adding a link in your guide to the manual.

Right now I am too busy with getting the manual ready for Early Access, but I am already looking forward to the time when I get to read your guide - I will dig it. I hope there will be more community-written guides coming out in the future.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. Plus, yours is a Manual and mine is Guide. We've attacked the game from two different angles!

I am slowly working on one now; mainly centered around squad level tactics, and not the 'basics & how-to'

I'll copy-edit if you want a proof reader, or provide content if you want a writer. I'm more than happy to assist, Iron. I know how difficult it can be to solo a large project haha.