BLITZA

RedCoats vs Task Force Black - Anyone home?

111 posts in this topic

So as many people will be aware, we have the first set of Clan matches this weekend. Saturday 5th December.

Now, to fill people in on how this all started, Task Force Black threw down a gauntlet to RedCoats in the below thread

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/6718-squad-league-round-1/?hl=%2Bsquad+%2Bleague

A fancy little video was made, and the challenge was accepted.

The community got their heads together with the Squad League team and a decision was made to make it an event, dates were set, ideas brought together for Admin Cams etc etc.

Now, I would like to add at this point that TFB are a fantastic clan with a great reputation. The feeling I get is there a little bit of mystery surrounding them, as I don't see much advertisement in game with clan tags etc.

This brings me to the point of my thread.

As we draw closer to the clan match, I am beginning to wonder where TFB are?? I have seen zero activity in the forums, zero activity in game and it seems all has gone quiet.

Now, I have tried putting logical reason into why this might be, and real life circumstances aren't important enough for an event like this, so what could be the reason?

I came up with a list of real possibilities.

1. They are afraid.

2. They regret making the challenge.

3. They aren't a real clan

4. They are REALLY afraid.

5. They realise that they have woken a sleeping giant.

Now, these points are not in order of importance, you can rearrange them in whichever order you like. But, this is indeed the main 5 reasons why they have disappeared.

Task Force Black, anyone home??

TFB - Where are you now?

In case anyone get's offended with this hype build - this is purely for entertainment and I mean no offence in the words I have written. Much respect for TFB - the hype build is real

Or 7. They're all training on a haxed private server so you don't expect them. :P

Training against who?

If doing a pretty little organised breach into a compound and firing at walls is their way of training, that is fine by me  B)

Looks like you been trolled boys!

Exodus are game for some scrims. We can't field a full match ready squad yet, but we can certainly do some battles and training.

The only thing is, this is all almost impossible until the community server package is released.

Lulz.

Looks like you been trolled boys!

Exodus are game for some scrims. We can't field a full match ready squad yet, but we can certainly do some battles and training.

The only thing is, this is all almost impossible until the community server package is released.

Lulz.

There will be a reckoning when you guys get involved! 

Training against who?

If doing a pretty little organised breach into a compound and firing at walls is their way of training, that is fine by me  B)

It was a fun training session that built friendships. People are going to get the idea that you're actually being spiteful at some point with this amount of banter, especially since nobody from TFB is provoking or doing 'jabs' back.

In all honesty I don't believe many people in TFB were asked if they could make it, let alone had interest, prior to the decision being made.

I ain't no spy. This is all banter!

I am (shhh secret duck) 

I went, I saw, I came home.  :ph34r:

Now now blitza, if you wanted a worthwhile fight all you had to ask! {R} will give you a run for your money :)

I don't want to be that guy.. but redcoats will probably kick all of your asses

I'm still alive. Got distracted by Fallout and now Just Cause. Been kind of taking a break before the E-A clusterfuck.

Any word on private servers for Steam release? We're going to need moderators on servers.

I will be flying myself out to New York on that date, so I wish all my Redcoat lads a good game!

i've joined the redcoats but does this name have a meaning ?

Are you asking what RedCoats means?

Are you asking what RedCoats means?

Hmm I mean does it mean something special other than a colour of a coat that is obviously red, lol