sgtcaboose

What FPS do you get playing Squad with your rig?

FPS: 60Fps - Vsync enabled - never leaves 60CPU: 4790k @ 4.5GHzGPU: Zotac 980ti AMP EXTREMERAM: 16Gb Hyper X FuryRes: 1080pSettings:EPIC

Game runs pretty nice, gets the heat up in my pc tho, I guess this will get better with optimization over time

FPS: 60Fps - Vsync enabled - never leaves 60CPU: 4790k @ 4.5GHzGPU: Zotac 980ti AMP EXTREMERAM: 16Gb Hyper X FuryRes: 1080pSettings:EPIC

Game runs pretty nice, gets the heat up in my pc tho, I guess this will get better with optimization over time

Liquid cooling, works amazing! that zotac card i bet is hot. They used to be very hot cards back when they first came to the NA channel. 8800gtx 768 was a beast.

try rmaing them though.

Might just be a case of insufficient case airflow? I don't know what sort of case and fans you're using, but you might wanna look into that.

​7970 HD @ 3GB, i7 2600k, samsung 840 pro SSD, 60 FPS on epic

How the fuck this is possible ?

I've got 2x HD7970 and a 4670k OC and i haven't got 60. It's on a 2 players serv or what ?

How the fuck this is possible ?

I've got 2x HD7970 and a 4670k OC and i haven't got 60. It's on a 2 players serv or what ?

That's because he's got vsync on. He would get more fps if he didn't.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H

AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB

AMD A8-3850 2.9GHz APU

8GB RAM

1TB WD Black Edition HDD

Settings are at the lowest they can go except Shadow Quality (Low) and Post Processing (Medium).  My resolution is set to 1920x1080.

I get 15-25 fps depending on the situation, evening on the Firing Range.  One round I had 45 fps at the very beginning, pretty sure before most people spawned in-game.  I assume I will get better performance once the whole AMD issue is resolved but until then Squad is still playable and enjoyable.

FPS: 30-40

CPU: Phenom II x4 955

GPU: Radeon R9 270

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600

Res: 1920x1080

Settings: Low

I run Win7 but I'm about to install my first SSD and Win10, which I hear is boost to older multi-core CPU's. I've tried every tweak I can get my hands on to boost FPS. I know I need to upgrade some things here, not sure where to start. Any recommendations?

I have 25-30 FPS

CPU Phenom II x 4 965 (OC to 4.0GHz)

GPU GTX 970

RAM 12 GIG DDR 3 1600

Res 1920x1080

Settings:Low

IT is the CPU this is slowing us down. Getting a faster CPU like an I5 or I7 will make a huge difference, which aslo means you will need a new motherboard.

He didn't say his resolution, my bad, he is surely in 1080p, i'm in 1440p.

LOL I have a shitty resolution of 1440x900, so yeah, you got lots more to render.

BTW, graphic influence is barely by player amount, that's more of a CPU influence by the player count.

That's because he's got vsync on. He would get more fps if he didn't.

When I disable VSync the FPS may spike lot higher from time to time, up to around 100.

i5 2500

8gb ram

gtx 670

settings: everything max, resolution scale 100%

FPS: 25-40

I can't argue or confirm as I only played three games last night after getting it running.

I didn't drop below 75 at any point, with everything on Epic, all shadows on max, full AA etc etc. 

Didn't have a situation with excessive smoke grenades being popped but threw a few out myself with no issues.

Bear in mind my CPU is the brand new Skylake i7 6700k

No way on 72 player server.

Game is CPU bound and will drop to sub 60 on ANY cpu, overclocked on anything other than LN, PERIOD.

My conf

I5 [email protected] GHz (waiting for kaby lake i7, need xpoint RAM for VMs....)

24 GB DDR 4 @ 1500Mhz CAS 13 (DDR 3000)

GTX970 @1500 GPU clock and 8000 Mhz GDDR 

Setings

RES scale 125%

EPIC, and maxed all except shadows (high)

1080p

At 72 player servers my video card is at 50-70% usage, allways bound by either GAME or DRAW.

Tested the game for days with i7 6700k @4.7 with RAM at 3000 and gtx980ti.

Ath i7 fps is [email protected] same setings @1440p

At my config 45-100 fps, average at 60player servers 70fps, at 72 players average 60 with dips to 45 (rare dips).

People, use stat fps, and stat unit in console, and see why and when you are bottlnecked with.

For more info on ENGINE check: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Performance/index.html#identifywhatyouareboundby

Game is playable and enjoyable if u have skylake i5/[email protected] Ghz, but will dip to sub 60, no matter the GPU becouse it is strongly CPU bound.

FPS:60 capped (60hz Monitor)
CPU:i5 4690k 3.5GHZ
GPU: Geforce Gtx 980 acx 2.0 SC
RAM: 8Gb @ 1600MHz
Res: 1920 x 1080
Settings:Epic, Shadows off

Guest Guest

I dont get how I get better FPS on ARMA 3 Wasteland on a 100player server, than I do on squad.  I play arma 3 on high too. 

Messing around with settings a bit on squad to see if makes a difference.  Shadow Quality off seems to gain a bit of FPS. 

FPS:40-90

CPU:i7 920 DO step. 2.6 ghz, OC to 4ghz.  asus p6t se mobo

GPU:evga 650 ti boost sc, 2 gb 192-bit ddr5

RAM: 12 gb 1333mhz oc to 1554.

Res: 1920x1080

Settings:high, fxaa, 8x af, shadows on medium.  Also use some of Sm00th's ini tweaks.

7 year old pc, insert smart buyer meme here.

Hm, I'm thinking of buying intel CPU since AMD CPUs getting under 40 FPS even on top CPUs like OC'd fx8350 and 1100t together with top Nvidia videocards like gtx980...

I'm thinking of buying Xeon W3520(Clone of i7 920) or Xeon W3540(Clone of i7 940) or may be something a little more expensive. Why xeon and not i7?

Xeon 4 times cheaper than i7 in my area. For example, I can buy right now Xeon W3520 for 20$(used) or i7 920 for 80$(used). Same situation with W3540 and others.

Does anyone here own Xeon CPUs and can confirm/disproof same/better/worse performance in Squad?

I'm interested pretty much in any quad-core xeon CPUs. So far I don't see any sense in taking i7 and paying 400% price over it's clones in Xeon series. They say on the forums that a lot of Xeons literally are just renamed on cover and in bios i7's.

I do own Phenom II x965 and it's cost about 75$(just like i7 920 in my area) in my area. I checked some game benchmarks and it says that Xeon W3520 performs better than my x965. For example:

GECID_TEST_ru_12.png

Even if we will imagine that i7-920 is better than W3520 by 5% I can still buy more expensive Xeon let's say for 60$ or 80$ and get much better performance than with 920 for same 80$, right? What do you guys think about it?

What Xeon CPUs is the best for gaming under 100$(considering W3520 cost 20$) cost?

Guest Guest

FPS:19 -35

CPU:i7-4960X 3.60 GHz
GPU:nevida 780Ti x2 in SLI

Res: 1920x1080
Settings:all max

FPS: 40-80 avg ~55 fps (70 player servers)

CPU: i7 Xeon 5650 @ 4.5 ghz

GPU: 980 Ti

RAM: 12GB  1650 mhz

Res: 1200p

Settings: Epic

Notice only 1 core is utilized to 80%ish and 1 is around 50% rest are 10-20% - total cpu usage ~35-40%

GPU is ~30-50%

Devs must stop relying on high IPC to get decent frames and start coding for more threads toward the API else dx12 wont do anything for next gen gaming.

FPS: capped at 60fps (vsync on, probably sometimes gets to 40-50fps but i don't notice, everything feels smooth all the time, independent of numbers of players)

CPU: Core i5 4690K

GPU: Palit 760 jetstream 2GB factory OC (not much, pretty much same as normal one)

RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

Res: 1440x900

Settings: all on epic, except blur (off) and shadows at medium, res 100% (maybe i could get it to 120%, didn't try yet and don't care - i can see enemy just fine)

All feels smooth, don't care any more of fps. When i see enemy, i don't play chess with him anymore :) action is fluid. Very, very playable. While building this rig, for a few days i had Sapphire 7870XT factory OC. I was very displeased with that card! Same performance as my current Palit in squad. But what really annoyed me was coil wine and flickering! Coil wine was very pronounced and flickering... I couldn't stand that. I knew AMD 7xxx series had issues but didn't believed it was so severe. I mean, while card was heating up and coling down you would get flickering across monitor. And it would be fine if i was gamer and utilizing that card at 100%. Then it would be only at start and end of my gaming sessions. But, except squad, i don't play games anymore and i don't max out all the time my graphic card. I was so lucky that seller was nice guy and i could return that card. I couldn't believe that card actually pass quality test and got into market. With 760GTX i don't have any similar problem and everything works fine.

Before i had:

FPS: 20-30 fps (it could get sometime to 40 but who cares... once you got into action then it would dip even further than 20fps. So it wasn't very playable for me)

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 960T (zosma)

GPU: Asus 4870 1GB

RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

res: 1440x900

settings: everything on lowest but it didn't really matter even if i set it on high...it was pretty much same performance. Lowering my resolution to 80% helped but then couldn't see much.

OK...now interesting part: I have zosma chip. And excellent one. I could unlock to six core without any problems. I could even OC to 4 GHz (3.8 with all six cores and still had room for more with air cooler - but i probably had limitations from my memory). I experienced more performance boost from OC to 4GHz than unlocking it to 6 cores. I had similar experience using ArmA games. That really surprised me! When I first unlocked to six cores, I was expecting to see much better performance... That didn't happen. And these chips are not far from performance of zambezi or vishera (by some ppl zosma/thuban is better than zambezi chips). Ok, OC helped...but only a little. You might get 10-15% better fps. It was almost stable 25fps, but that still didn't help. I was still below 30fps when it matters.

I had sound issue also. Fixed that with setting .ini file sounds to 32 or 64 (don't remember now). But then i would miss a lot of voip chattering... And no matter what i did, couldn't get nice stable 30fps in engagements.

I struggled for awhile to get better performance with my AMD rig... but after taking a long honest look at my specs... it was time for new build. It served me well. It was great computer and had great time with it. It was time for new computer anyway...