sgtcaboose

What FPS do you get playing Squad with your rig?

Guest Dru

FPS: Stable at 60 - even though i sport a 144hz monitor theres no need to go higher since the optimalization is piss poor

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.50GHZ / 1.315 v

GPU: MSI 980TI Gold Edition

RAM: 16GB 2800MHz

Res: 1080p

Settings: Epic

I have a gigabyte gtx 980 ti g1 and an I5-6600K, 8GB DDR4 2400mhz. Running at 1080P and I usually see 40-60FPS. Is there something I am doing wrong? I also get horrible screen tearing with and without vsync

Buy a different PSU. Holding back on a GPU because of a PSU is madness.

I plan on upgrading in the summer, with a new PSU and a GPU. Until then, Im considering the GTX 750 ti SC - Anyone know how it runs on this game on High settings? 

I plan on upgrading in the summer, with a new PSU and a GPU. Until then, Im considering the GTX 750 ti SC - Anyone know how it runs on this game on High settings? 

Well at your resolution (1360x768) that you said you play at, it could push mid-high with shadows and post processing off, with 100% scale and get 30+ frames.

Also what do you mean your PSU can handle only 300W? You mean it has 25A on 12V rails? If so, you can get away with a gtx 950, but just barely.

What is your current budget? Where are you from?

Might be worth a shot to buy a new PSU now and get a decent 2nd hand GPU, you can get a HD7870/7950 or GTX 660ti/670 on the cheap these days and it will run the game pretty good for the price at 1080p.

Well at your resolution (1360x768) that you said you play at, it could push mid-high with shadows and post processing off, with 100% scale and get 30+ frames.

Also what do you mean your PSU can handle only 300W? You mean it has 25A on 12V rails? If so, you can get away with a gtx 950, but just barely.

What is your current budget? Where are you from?

Might be worth a shot to buy a new PSU now and get a decent 2nd hand GPU, you can get a HD7870/7950 or GTX 660ti/670 on the cheap these days and it will run the game pretty good for the price at 1080p.

Still going to need the 6 pin cable's for the GPU, my current PSU doesn't have that. Ill need an upgrade regardless. 

Still going to need the 6 pin cable's for the GPU, my current PSU doesn't have that. Ill need an upgrade regardless. 

Then you should buy a PSU first before doing any upgrades if that's the case. Obviously a junk PSU they stick in prebuilts.

Lets stop posting off topic here and continue in the other thread you started.

Guest SmurfyDurfy

FPS: 40-60 (I get small lag spikes)
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570
GPU: GTX 770 2GB 
RAM:  8GB 2400
Res: 1920x1080

Things are on the up it seems, played 2 full games in a row (Fools Road & Logar) (60+ players) and Afterburner showed my FPS did not drop below 60 once, even when surrounded by action and covered in smoke. And as an added bonus, neither game suffered lag or had the server crash out.

CPU1 load was 70%

GPU load was 70-80%

Res: 1080p

Game Settings:

Gamma: 2.2

Res scale: 150%

AA: OFF (using SweetFX instead)

MSAA: NONE

View Distance: EPIC

Shadows: MEDIUM

Shadow Quality: MEDIUM

Shadow Max Res: 1024

Post Processing: EPIC

VRAM Pool: 4GB+

Effects: Medium

Interestingly if I try to increase Shadows/Shadow Quality or Effects, my FPS does drop to high 50's but Afterburner does not show why, both CPU and GPU usage hardly move and definitely do not MAX out?

PC Spec:

Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

CPU: Intel i7-4790k (Stock Clocks)

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO

RAM: 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600

GPU: EVGA 980ti FTW (Stock Clocks)

PSU: Corsair HX1000

SSD1: Samsung 120GB

SSD2: Samsung Pro 250GB

Considering this is in Alpha stage the above performance is pretty impressive! Hoping future optimization will allow me to up the remaining graphics settings and also hoping that vehicles will not destroy performance when they arrive.

I wonder what hardware it would take to run this at 4k 60fps? Multiple GPU's are out of the question currently and the only real single GPU step up from a 980ti is a Titan X, but not sure that would make much difference anyway. And as for CPU's my 4790k is pretty powerful so where do you go from there?

Upgraded my rig at the weekend

CPU: i7 6700K Skylake

GPU: GTX980

RAM: 8gb 

Res: 1920x1080

PSU: Corsair 850w

Standard FPS: 70-85

Overclocked FPS: (Yet to be tested)

There's still a lot of claims in here of 1080p 60fps with Epic settings.

From what I've tested I doubt that anyone is getting 60fps (absolutely no drops) with Epic settings AND full AA with all shadow settings on max on full sized servers while surrounded by action and smoke.

I can only get my FPS to stay absolutely 100% above 60 no matter the in game situation or server size by lowering shadows and disabling in game AA and using SweetFX.

There's still a lot of claims in here of 1080p 60fps with Epic settings.

From what I've tested I doubt that anyone is getting 60fps (no drops) with Epic settings AND full AA with all shadow settings on max on full sized servers while surrounded by action and smoke.

I can only get my FPS to stay absolutely 100% above 60 no matter the in game situation or server size by lowering shadows and disabling in game AA and using SweetFX.

I can't argue or confirm as I only played three games last night after getting it running.

I didn't drop below 75 at any point, with everything on Epic, all shadows on max, full AA etc etc. 

Didn't have a situation with excessive smoke grenades being popped but threw a few out myself with no issues.

Bear in mind my CPU is the brand new Skylake i7 6700k

I can't argue or confirm as I only played three games last night after getting it running.

I didn't drop below 75 at any point, with everything on Epic, all shadows on max, full AA etc etc. 

Didn't have a situation with excessive smoke grenades being popped but threw a few out myself with no issues.

Possible, if you played on a server with about 40 people on it. I doubt you'll get even 60 fps on a full 72 slot server running fools road or something. But I'm sure down the road it will happen.

If that's the case then that's very impressive, from what I've read the 6700k isn't a million miles better than my 4790k.

Try running afterburner next time and monitor FPS and CPU and GPU on the graphs. Would be interesting to see.

Possible, if you played on a server with about 40 people on it. I doubt you'll get even 60 fps on a full 72 slot server running fools road or something. But I'm sure down the road it will happen.

80 fps full 60 man on OP first light.

75fps Logar 60 man server

75fps Kohat 72 man server

I jumped in real quick when I first booted to a 72 man fools Road - 60 fps.

You can doubt anything you read. Do you have the same set up I have - or better? If not, I can't see how you can doubt those results with 0 insight.

If that's the case then that's very impressive, from what I've read the 6700k isn't a million miles better than my 4790k.

Try running afterburner next time and monitor FPS and CPU and GPU on the graphs. Would be interesting to see.

Ill look into that! I didn't get many things installed as I just wanted to jump into squad to test.  :D

Going from a 6 year old rig with just a 980 bolted on, barely hitting 30 fps, it's fucking beautiful!

Ill look into that! I didn't get many things installed as I just wanted to jump into squad to test. :D

Going from a 6 year old rig with just a 980 bolted on, barely hitting 30 fps, it's fucking beautiful!

Yeah I bet!

You can doubt anything you read. Do you have the same set up I have - or better? If not, I can't see how you can doubt those results with 0 insight.

I have a similar CPU (which is not being maxed out in Squad), a better GPU and double your RAM and I've done LOTS of testing and reading so I do have some insight yes.

I have a similar CPU (which is not being maxed out in Squad), a better GPU and double your RAM and I've done LOTS of testing and reading so I do have some insight yes.

You are not the person that was addressed to. MrOcto was the one who doubted my FPS.

FPS: 35-50 depending of the map

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz
GPU: 2x HD7970 Ghz Ed. 3Go
RAM:  8GB
Res: 2560x1440
Settings: http://f.cl.ly/items/2W1D1w2y0Y033D2r2R2o/2016-01-19_00001.jpg

As you can see on the screen (72 players serv), the CPU bottlenecking the GPU. Not a small CPU but... :/

Edit : if i overclock my CPU to 4.2GHz, i've got 45fps instead of 35fps, better !

Sorry for being skeptical. I'd love to see a video of a full 72 man Kohat with you getting 75 fps. Use shadowplay and afterburner overlay. That's the only way I'll believe you.

I'm having a problem. My 2 GTX 970 never reach 100% utilization, nor my Processor (i7 4790K). No matter how I configure image quality settings, I always get the same FPS. Any suggestion?

I'm having a problem. My 2 GTX 970 never reach 100% utilization, nor my Processor (i7 4790K). No matter how I configure image quality settings, I always get the same FPS. Any suggestion?

Power settings set to high in both Windows AND Nvidia control panel? PSU not man enough? Power saving settings in BIOS? CPU settings in BIOS?

Laptop Dell Inspiron i7559 -- Roadie

FPS: 40-50avg

CPU: i5 6300HQ Quad-Core @ 2.8ghz X4 

GPU: GTX 960m 4gb GDDR5 @ +135mhz core and +500mhz memory for effect clock of 6000mhz.  Helps to overcome 128-bit bus.

RAM: 16gb 1600mhz 

SSD: SSD

CPU/GPU Temps max 70C

1080p with mix of Medium/High no AA.

My Desktop does much much better.  I play EPIC with 200% @1080p 144hz screen

5820k @ 4.2ghz

980 Ti