sgtcaboose

What FPS do you get playing Squad with your rig?

Yeah this thread will be interesting now after 9.9

The results should be quite different. 

i was playing in 4k then over a few updates the frames dropped from 70 to 85 in epic to 45-60 

I started using reshade and had to drop down to 2k in tournament settings getting 75 ish again 

with 9.9 I'm back running 4k at 70 ish with reshade turned of it's around 100+ 

So it's much much better!! 

Update after 9.9

I5 2500K @ 4.2 
16 GB RAM @ 1660 mhz
980ti
1440p monitor

Runs extremely well following the recent update. On most maps i seem to average around 60-90 FPS on full servers across various maps (drops if i'm sat in the middle of lots of smoke)

Super sampling: 1.5x (i turn it down to 1.25 on building heavy maps)
Effects: High
View distance: Epic

Shadows: Medium
Foliage: High 

FPS: Min - 80  High - 147           

CPU: I7-7700k 4.20 Ghz

GPU: GTX 1080 TI 8Gb

RAM: 16gb (8GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz

SETTINGS: 1080 - AA Off - Motion Blur Off, Shadows Med, Everything else Maximum settings

i get 40-50... I got 40-50 when it launched... I got 40-50 when it was 9.8......

I7.. 3.4 ghz... 16gb ram...

gtx 1050ti...

settings ... mostly high.. 

game is fine. tks...

FPS: 60-100          (Gorodok 60, every other map 80 -100).

CPU: Intel i7 6800K 4.0Ghz, 6 core, 12 thread.

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080

RAM: 16GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz

RES: 1920x1080 everything on Epic(effects on cinematic), T+FXAA, motion blur off.

Stable super sampling up to 1.5

Edited by MrNiggol
spelling

After the latest update, dropped considerably. I used to be able to play on high-epic settings with stable high FPS back in June 2016 with slight declines onward as patches came out. Now I can barely run ultra low. :(

Fps: 25-52 (testing on 80 man servers; results were pretty much the same)

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3Ghz

GPU: Gigabyte R9 280 3GB @ default clock (OC gives me the jitters in game)

RAM: 16GB @ default

Resolution: 1920 x 1080p

Settings: Extremely low settings

Hopefully next patch will relieve some of the issue.

i7-7700k @ 4.9GHz

GTX 1080 @ 2025MHz / 11088MHz

16GB @ 2666MHz

Resolution: 1440p

Reshade with Lumasharpen and Clarity IIRC

FPS: 80-120 depending on the map. 

Settings: All low except Shadows = Medium and View Distance = High

Hello, here are my PC specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz

ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS 

ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Phoenix 4GB GDDR5

Toshiba 1TB 7200obr. 64MB P300 OEM

Corsair 8GB 3000MHz Vengeance LPX Black CL15 (2x4GB)

XFX Core TS 550W

i have set up everything to low in SQUAD, except samplingwhich i have set to 1.5x

the screen resolution is 1440x900

FPS: it depends on map but i got 70-110 usually but when it comes to the map (that arab one with refinery) it drops to 40-65~

i was told to buy SSD drive because its faster (sherlock!) than HDD and i have read somewhere that SSD drive will be much faster in relocating buffered graphic textures and avoid that huge fps drop to 5 which happens to me sometimes.

what else? i can run The Witcher 3 on pretty medium-high settings but when it comes to SQUAD... its just like fighting enemies + FPS drops.

I have noticed that voice chat and sounds do downgrade frames. i might set the voice quality to low and test it out.

(sry for my bad english :P )

Edited by bloodyorc

7700K @ stock

16 GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz

R9 290

After most recent update game is at best "playable" on most maps in low, except the largest ones and building intensive - those are literally unplayable.

PC requirements of Squad are still laughable.

And I still regret buying it. Salty but true.

Edited by PadrePadre

On 11/20/2017 at 3:12 PM, PadrePadre said:

7700K @ stock

16 GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz

R9 290

After most recent update game is at best "playable" on most maps in low, except the largest ones and building intensive - those are literally unplayable.

PC requirements of Squad are still laughable.

And I still regret buying it. Salty but true.

Hopefully some optimization gets here quick. I realize that it generally comes after alpha, but maybe they'll take pity on us. lol

6 minutes ago, Root said:

Hopefully some optimization gets here quick. I realize that it generally comes after alpha, but maybe they'll take pity on us. lol

They have already done optimization passes, twice. v7 and v9 if I recall correctly...

3 hours ago, Psyrus said:

They have already done optimization passes, twice. v7 and v9 if I recall correctly...

If that's the best they can do then ouch for a lot of people. I used to be able to play at High-Epic, now barely low. Game is either getting extremely more demanding every update than it was in June 2016 or optimizations aren't as as good as they will be post alpha.

3 minutes ago, Root said:

If that's the best they can do then ouch for a lot of people. I used to be able to play at High-Epic, now barely low. Game is either getting extremely more demanding every update than it was in June 2016 or optimizations aren't as as good as they will be post alpha.

I used to get 15-30 fps on my old i7 920 + HD6950 combo, after v9 I was able to achieve 30-50 fps on almost every map. They essentially doubled the FPS on my low end hardware... that's not an owch, I was over the moon. 

When I started playing pubg I upgraded my PC and now sit on very reasonable (generally averaging 50-60fps on mostly maxed out settings @ fullhd resolution) fps on every map barring mestia, which I benchmarked yesterday and had my FPS down at 30-35 at that first flag with almost all 80 people on the flag with lots of smoke being used. 

Edited by Psyrus

6 hours ago, Root said:

Oh ffs you lot!! They’ve only done a small amount of optimisation for the potato PC’s and the AMD super computers! Every time they add anything into the game it will effect frames so there’s not much point in wasting loads of time doing optimisation stuff when they will have to doing again later on! I’m pretty sure they’ve said this 10 times already just upgrade the potato’s get rid of the AMD and you’ll get over 100 frames on any map 

14 hours ago, ZXD_Lee said:

Oh ffs you lot!! They’ve only done a small amount of optimisation for the potato PC’s and the AMD super computers! Every time they add anything into the game it will effect frames so there’s not much point in wasting loads of time doing optimisation stuff when they will have to doing again later on! I’m pretty sure they’ve said this 10 times already just upgrade the potato’s get rid of the AMD and you’ll get over 100 frames on any map 

A solution to better performance where optimization is failing should never be "upgrade your PC" when optimization itself can fix the problems, though yes, I'm aware they have only done a small part of optimization. That's why I said they aren't as good as they will be post-alpha, as there is very little optimization going on right now.

21 hours ago, Psyrus said:

I used to get 15-30 fps on my old i7 920 + HD6950 combo, after v9 I was able to achieve 30-50 fps on almost every map. They essentially doubled the FPS on my low end hardware... that's not an owch, I was over the moon. 

When I started playing pubg I upgraded my PC and now sit on very reasonable (generally averaging 50-60fps on mostly maxed out settings @ fullhd resolution) fps on every map barring mestia, which I benchmarked yesterday and had my FPS down at 30-35 at that first flag with almost all 80 people on the flag with lots of smoke being used. 

First, cool jump on such weak hardware, that's awesome progress. Second and lastly; optimization is seemingly a lot worse for AMD hardware it appears though. For us, the "lot of people", it gets to be an "ouch" every update. Some updates things don't get worse or slightly better, but in my experience, it almost always gets worse.

12 hours ago, ZXD_Lee said:

If you look at the sky perhaps.