sgtcaboose

What FPS do you get playing Squad with your rig?

447 posts in this topic

FPS: 35-60 depending on firefight, time of day, fog, etc. (fog and night time are normally locked at 60)

CPU: 3570k @  stock clock

GPU: 970

RAM: 8gb

Res: 1080p

Settings: Everything on max except for ubersampling and AA, which makes the game look like vaseline is all over the screen

More servers with lower player counts would actually be a good thing for now as it would allow those people who struggle for performance in full servers to still enjoy the game until a time when optimisation is better.

Of course ideally Squad is better with more players but you 100% can still have some damn awesome games with 3 Squads per team (54 players total) or even just 2 Squads per team (36 players total) as at the end of the day even as few as 36 players fighting over one objective is more than enough to have a good game.

I remember when Squad first came out, performance was much worse so there were more lower slot servers for this very reason and that's where I played most of my games until optimisation improved.

There's nothing worse than having bad performance with zero option to play the game at all smoothly, if changing in game graphics settings doesn't help and there are no smaller slot servers then what do you do? You switch the game off and loose interest, which is no good for anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m trying to figure out if a GPU upgrade will boost the FPS.
Currently I have:
i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz
8GB DDR3 @1600MHz

Radeon HD7950 Boost (3GB) @ 1150/1550

I’m playing squad @1080P with FXAA and everything on EPIC except foliage and schadow on LOW.
The avg framerate is differs between 35FPS en 70FPS depending on (what I think) map time en total players.

I want to upgrade to NVIDIA GTX 1060, but I fear I won’t do much in this game and currently it’s actually the only game I play so while the performance of a 1060 in most games will double from what I read here I won’t do that much or am I wrong?

What I am looking for is benchmarks or advise from people that also did somewhat of the same upgrade and if it really made a difference.  I really appreciate any advise you can provide

8 hours ago, Pvt. Fruity Rudy said:

I’m trying to figure out if a GPU upgrade will boost the FPS.
Currently I have:
i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz
8GB DDR3 @1600MHz

Radeon HD7950 Boost (3GB) @ 1150/1550

I’m playing squad @1080P with FXAA and everything on EPIC except foliage and schadow on LOW.
The avg framerate is differs between 35FPS en 70FPS depending on (what I think) map time en total players.

I want to upgrade to NVIDIA GTX 1060, but I fear I won’t do much in this game and currently it’s actually the only game I play so while the performance of a 1060 in most games will double from what I read here I won’t do that much or am I wrong?

What I am looking for is benchmarks or advise from people that also did somewhat of the same upgrade and if it really made a difference.  I really appreciate any advise you can provide

My guess is you will see plus 5-10fps mate, but could run the game with higher settings as well if you wanted to.

Sorry no direct experience of those set ups etc.

FPS: 30min 50max

CPU: i7-4930k @3.4GHz

GPU: 2x 780ti 3GB

RAM: 16GB

Res: 1080p  Low settings/Epic settings no fps change...

FPS: 55-70

CPU: I7 6700k Skylake 4,00GHz
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB

RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16gb
Res: 1080p, high settings with most of the fancy settings turned off.

Havn't tried running on Ultra with all maxed out yet

FPS: 65-70

CPU: 4930K @4.2GHz

GPU: ZOTAC 1080 AMP Extreme
RAM: Mushkin Redline 2133 16GB

RES: 1080p, settings don't matter much get same FPS

Laptop/notebook Xiaomi Mi Air 13.3 inch

FPS: 28-35

CPU: Intel Core i5-6200U 2.3 GHz

GPU: GeForce 940MX 1024 MB GDDR5

RAM: 8192 MB DDR4 2133 MHz

Res: 1650 x 1050 (this is an external display, the laptop itself is 1080)

Settings: Low

The Xiaomi 13 puts up surprisingly well. It's like I'm playing on a console, but it's still playable.

FPS: 35-50 mostly around 45 differs from map to map, high pop server
CPU: i5 3570k
GPU: GeForce 960 4 gb
RAM: 8Gb @ 1333mhz
Res: 1920x1080
Settings: very low

FPS: 70-150, average ~100fps.

Details: EPIC

Resolution: 2560*1440 @165Hz

CPU: i7-7700K @5400Mhz

GPU: Gtx1080 @2050/11000Mhz

RAM: 16Gb @4000Mhz

Gtx1080Ti ordered a week ago, becouse on mostly servers my FPS is Gpu limited on High / Epic settings.

Low / Medium settings my rig is Cpu Limited at all time.

19 minutes ago, Hiikeri said:

FPS: 70-150, average ~100fps.

Details: EPIC

Resolution: 2560*1440 @165Hz

CPU: i7-7700K @5400Mhz

GPU: Gtx1080 @2050/11000Mhz

RAM: 16Gb @4000Mhz

Gtx1080Ti ordered a week ago, becouse on mostly servers my FPS is Gpu limited on High / Epic settings.

Low / Medium settings my rig is Cpu Limited at all time.

What kind of CPU cooling are you using to get that 7700k up to 5.4 ghz ?

14 hours ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

What kind of CPU cooling are you using to get that 7700k up to 5.4 ghz ?

Single Stage Phase Change (r134a, -44C Evaporator). Its actually stable also 5500Mhz but needs more voltage, 1.50V+. Current 5400/1.45V is what i use now.

I got my first Phase Change unit on 2003, current unit is my 3rd (bought it 5 years ago on 2nd hand, only 400euro! :D

My rig 3 years ago, same sub-zero cooler aka. Phase Change unit still.

[email protected]. only some of tests. Gaming Stable anyway if i wont so.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ecn95l.jpg

Single Core performance only means on Squad. I got Cinebench r15 single core test 230+ points @5400Mhz.

Ryzen gets 155-160 points on that test. So my CPU is ~45% faster that stock AMD Ryzen. That is almost at half faster!

Ryzen: ~155-160 points.

My CPU: 230+ points.

Edited by Hiikeri

Pah, I take your -44C and lower you to -200C of N2. Should be able to squeeze out 5.6-5.7 ghz.

Would love to see a pic. That links not working for me.

Working links now?

https://goo.gl/photos/i7at8PM4cXoCFEpk8

https://goo.gl/photos/YqzcpRfsMhxEMrQg9

DryIce, LN2 and liquid Helium is only for short benchmarks, those cant be use 24/7, or you wonna add more liquid after 5min at all time to the bowl? <:)

My video, btw, i7 HT disabled, so only 4 core/4thread on that video. CPU temp 0C = actually sub-zero temps, motherboard doesnt show minus (-) CPU temps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9uakVE0hXU

Another video, this has HT enabled, so 4C/8T. Thats video CPU usage shows too low usage %, actual 1-3 cores usage is much higher.

HT enabled it show wrong total usage becouse most of cores, at least Hyper-thread cores almost idling and after that usage shows all cores average.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJDaG8vQaLQ

Edited by Hiikeri

1 hour ago, Hiikeri said:

Working links now?

https://goo.gl/photos/i7at8PM4cXoCFEpk8

https://goo.gl/photos/YqzcpRfsMhxEMrQg9

DryIce, LN2 and liquid Helium is only for short benchmarks, those cant be use 24/7, or you wonna add more liquid after 5min at all time to the bowl? <:)

My video, btw, i7 HT disabled, so only 4 core/4thread on that video. CPU temp 0C = actually sub-zero temps, motherboard doesnt show minus (-) CPU temps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9uakVE0hXU

Another video, this has HT enabled, so 4C/8T. Thats video CPU usage shows too low usage %, actual 1-3 cores usage is much higher.

HT enabled it show wrong total usage becouse most of cores, at least Hyper-thread cores almost idling and after that usage shows all cores average.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJDaG8vQaLQ

Does the phase change case itself put out a lot of heat into the room? Badass btw! I bet squad  (and every other game) runs like a dream.

3 hours ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

Does the phase change case itself put out a lot of heat into the room? Badass btw! I bet squad  (and every other game) runs like a dream.

What is a lot? It depends...

Unit power consumption is ~300W. Unit top side temperature is about 60C, so its pretty warm to hand.

But some players uses SLI or CF configuration, so example GTX1080Ti TDP is 250W, also on older top end cards (example Amd 290 is 275W, GTX780/GTX980Ti are 250W cards), at stock. OC those and it takes ~300W, per card.

Then at the SLI/CF uses ~600W (read: dual heat > Single GPU > SLI/CF).

I use only 1 GPU configuration. So, single OC'd 1080TI (~300W) + Phase Change unit (~300W) = same consumption (= heat energy) than a CPU on air cooling with SLI/CF.

EDIT:

All games running smoothly, i have also [email protected] monitor. Why i has been sold my 1080 and ordered 1080Ti? More GPU power example on Squad and i can use more Super Sampling = Game looks MUCH MUCH nicier.

Edited by Hiikeri

Nice explanation. I just have always heard that phase change builds put out a lot of heat into the rooms they're running in. I've never really known anyone who's had one, only reason I asked. Very impressive cpu OC numbers none the less.

I've got a phase change cooler. It's in my kitchen. I wonder if putting my rig in the freezer would help overall cooling. I know it would help make it near silent.

If you put your rig inside freezer it only works 1-2hours, after that air temp inside rises like a rocket becouse it cant move all PC temperature to compressor. Freezers cooling power is not even at close what todays CPU needs.