sgtcaboose

What FPS do you get playing Squad with your rig?

On 6/15/2016 at 11:56 AM, Guan_Yu007 said:

Get like a GTX 970, i think it's pretty cheap now that the new generation comes out.

DO NOT buy a new gtx 970 at this point. RX 480 is coming in a week and it will beat it for the same/less money easily, also prices are going down every day.. gtx 980 ti's are at 440€ NEW, while you can get a 390X for 299€... basically, gtx 970 is a terrible choice right now if you're buying new, 2nd hand is a different story since you can get them for dirt cheap.

Spoiler
On 6/21/2016 at 4:12 PM, Fugitmdup said:

Back in January I used to get 15 - 25 FPS (20 average) with mostly low settings.  Now I get 10 - 18 FPS (15 average) with all low settings.  Curious to see what I get by Winter 2016.

By that point of time they will add vehicles, so yes, you won't be able to play it.

Edited by KulaGGin

1 hour ago, KulaGGin said:

By that point of time they will add vehicles, so yes, you won't be able to play it.

Currently when the action starts everything goes in slow motion.  When people die their bodies literally go into slow-mo, I try and shoot and it is delayed.  Eventually things will start going in reverse lol, have negative FPS.

22 hours ago, MrOcto said:

DO NOT buy a new gtx 970 at this point. RX 480 is coming in a week and it will beat it for the same/less money easily, also prices are going down every day.. gtx 980 ti's are at 440€ NEW, while you can get a 390X for 299€... basically, gtx 970 is a terrible choice right now if you're buying new, 2nd hand is a different story since you can get them for dirt cheap.

Are you suggesting an AMD card? That's pretty bold considering how well they run on Unreal 4.

Just now, Guan_Yu007 said:

Are you suggesting an AMD card? That's pretty bold considering how well they run on Unreal 4.

Strange misconception that's still ongoing. It not AMD GPUs but their CPUs that have the real issue.

3 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

I think you need to google stuff before posting.

4 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

Strange misconception that's still ongoing. It not AMD GPUs but their CPUs that have the real issue.

Yes, maybe in Squad AMD GPUs doing "Ok" but in other games there are problems with AMD GPUs:

I'm not Ok with Nvidia's and Intel's politics(they should be sued, most of their CEOs should go to jail and all of their patents should become open source and free for everyone) but if you want a smooth gameplay you just have to go with bundle Intel/Nvidia unless you play only one game and you know your AMD bundle will work Ok in that game.

Edited by KulaGGin

guys, since i am witching gpu from the 970 to the 480.

can anyone with AMD cards let me know how Squad will perform on them? any issues of any kind? (talking about the 300 here not 480 of course.)

cpu is 4790k, im pretty sure there are AMD cpu issue but not sure about the gpu.

To be honest I don't see the point when people try to buy hardware to run an Alpha.  I mean sure buying newer/better hardware is beneficial in the long run, but specifically buying it to play an Alpha is odd to me.  Why not just wait?

1 hour ago, Fugitmdup said:

To be honest I don't see the point when people try to buy hardware to run an Alpha.  I mean sure buying newer/better hardware is beneficial in the long run, but specifically buying it to play an Alpha is odd to me.  Why not just wait?

I checked Afterburner last night and found my gpu at 90%+ utilisation at times (780ti similar performance to a 970). I am sure the Devs will find better performance over time but with that level of utilisation there should be an obvious benefit from an upgrade. If you're on the cusp of time to upgrade why not. I am sure they're not playing Squad exclusively and it's just another reason that's pushed them to it. 

Offtopic
On 6/25/2016 at 7:29 AM, Fugitmdup said:

Because it is without any doubts one of the best projects in the game industry. And for me personally it might be the best one. I haven't seen game as beautiful as Squad so far. Never. Last time I played something similar was in 2007(BF2) or something. And believe me, I'm not the only one. I know a lot of fellas who say:"It is the only best game I've played since 2004 after Battlefield 2".

There is no competition or replacement for Squad and there was no none since 2010 when Battlefield 2 died and till now.

Edited by KulaGGin

I want to get this game but it's poorly optimized from my knowledge even though I meet the requirements I want to be sure I can run it before purchasing

GPU: GeForce GTX 950 2GB

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz

Ram: 8GB

I am perfectly fine with running at low settings as long as it's playable(30 fps+)

You need to include pop of server.... it matters almost more than the hardware itself.

Ive been following this thread since it was first posted and I find it crazy that some people have a hard time running the game. My setup has never had any problems besides the lighting and my wifes etup which is the old rig I had runs it fine even when scaled to 120% and she has an amd fx 6300 with a twin frozr gtx 660, hmmm Im very curious but good luck to everyone who is still having problems

Between 25fps to 60 depending on the server, the population and the map.

Gorodok and Kohat run especially poorly for some reason.

Population wise the sweet spot seem to be around 50 to 60 ppl.

I5 4670k 4.0GHz 

8Gb ram

GTX770 2Gb

Between 22fps to 60 (even 80) depending on the server and the map. (120+ on the firing range). Almost all settings are set to low or minimum.

Population wise the sweet spot seem to be around 50 or under. Some servers produce extreme rubberbanding especially when using vehicles.

i7 3.2GHz 

8Gb ram

GTX580 1.5Gb

FPS:   35 - 80. Avg. 50 (70 slots). Epic-settings.

CPU:  i7-4770 @ 3.5Ghz

GPU:  GTX 780 SC 4GB

RAM:  32GB   @ 1600Mhz

RES:   1920x1080

Edited by aCeTotal

Still running 60-70 fps in 70 person servers.  Performance seems to be worse now than it did months ago.

FPS: 50 - >100

CPU: i7 2600k @ 3,8Ghz (old but it serves its purpose)

GPU: GTX 1070 MSI Gaming

RAM: 16Gb

Res: 2k

Setting: Epic

--> Still sucks on some maps! // Hardware still depends on it's software!

FPS: 40-60(capped, gets rekt in smoke)

CPU: i5-4690k

GPU: GTX 650Ti Boost

RAM: 8GB

Res: 1080p

Setting: Low

FPS: 40-60(capped but slightly more stable, still gets rekt in smoke)

CPU: i5-4690k

GPU: GTX 760

RAM: 8GB

Res: 1080p

Setting: Low

hello..

FPS: 7-15 - 5-10 (full server)

CPU: i3 4370 3.8GHZ

GPU: R9 270x 2gb

RAM: 2x 4gb 1333mhz dualchanel

Settings: everything on low

1024x768 window mode