sgtcaboose

What FPS do you get playing Squad with your rig?

7 hours ago, Langor said:

There are already 30/40/50 player servers. All you got to do is log on them instead of the 72 player servers. But there is nobody on them? That's because people who get poor performance are signing on the 72 instead of these servers and complain about it. Become the change and lead from the front.

You could also create your own server if you have PING issues... 30 pop server for 33 dollars a month..

https://www.bluefangsolutions.com/shop/squad/

Just because you refuse to play on the lower population servers (along with many others), doesn't mean they should limit the server population for everyone. I have no problems handling a 72 player server.

I don't refuse anything, but you assume too much. You'll mostly find me on 50-64 slot servers, but sometimes I am forced to join 72 slot servers cause there is no other option. Also, removing 72 slot servers (limiting them to 60-64 max) would make people populate those lower limit servers.

You can also become the change and not assume stuff about other people without knowing anything, you know.. lead from the front and all that.. ^^ sigh

Seriously, some people on here... 

Y'all take this way too seriously. Do try to remember this is a video game in an alpha stage. B|

Here is my FPS (just played a match last night):

Fps: 44min-112max (50-60 usually, with jumps up to 100 at emptier places and around 40 at ultra populated places or in extreme battle)

CPU: i5-4690k @ 3.5Ghz

GPU: Gigabyte R9 280 3GB @ default clock (OC gives me the jitters in game)

RAM: 8GB @ default

Resolution: 1920 x 1080p

Settings: High-Epic mixture

13 hours ago, MrOcto said:

Conclusion:

72 slot servers should be removed until performance is improved. Game is very playable for me fortunately, but still shocking performance overall.

Conclusion...

Discuss here....

It's upto the people who pays for the servers & OWI! Not you,not me!

If you want a lower -60 server,go & buy one!...Simples 

Rock & Roll 100player servers :D

2 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Conclusion...

Discuss here....

It's upto the people who pays for the servers & OWI! Not you,not me!

If you want a lower -60 server,go & buy one!...Simples 

Rock & Roll 100player servers :D

Calm your tits, it's just an opinion. Also, you should maybe try to spend more time in-game rather than lurking on the forums, mr 4,5k posts, so you'd maybe know what the actual situation is, you know, in the actual game...

1 hour ago, MrOcto said:

Calm your tits, it's just an opinion. Also, you should maybe try to spend more time in-game rather than lurking on the forums, mr 4,5k posts, so you'd maybe know what the actual situation is, you know, in the actual game...

Lmfao!... :D I wanted to show you the appropriate thread,but.

You know nowt...just my opinion. 

7 hours ago, MrOcto said:

I don't refuse anything, but you assume too much. You'll mostly find me on 50-64 slot servers, but sometimes I am forced to join 72 slot servers cause there is no other option. Also, removing 72 slot servers (limiting them to 60-64 max) would make people populate those lower limit servers.

You can also become the change and not assume stuff about other people without knowing anything, you know.. lead from the front and all that.. ^^ sigh

Seriously, some people on here... 

I'll re-word what I said to make it easier to understand. 1) There is already low population servers. 2) They are not filled because people refuse to play them, all it takes is someone to start using them. 3) If they give you connection issues, create your own server. 4) Its not the developers problem that people with mid-high range computers  refuse to play on the appropriate servers for their rigs, its the players.

240 locked in the firing range < unsure why people quote there FPS  here around the forum.

240 on server list < again pointless

72 man servers, fully loaded is all over the place. 80 - 110+ FPS is the norm on every map.

Step down to 60 and its 100-140 but again it will be all over the place.

Step down to 50 or a sever with 24 people on and it can hit 160 at times

17 minutes ago, UnderFire said:

(240 locked in the firing range < unsure why people quote there FPS  here around the forum.

240 on server list < again pointless

72 man servers, fully loaded is all over the place. 80 - 110+ FPS is the norm on every map.

Step down to 60 and its 100-140 but again it will be all over the place.

Step down to 50 or a sever with 24 people on and it can hit 160 at times

Sounds similar to my system (If running EPIC settings). What are your specs/settings?

Edited by Langor

1 hour ago, Langor said:

Sounds similar to my system (If running EPIC settings). What are your specs/settings?

Matrix- 980ti runs 1418 out the box, not tried my own oc (yet)

i7-6700k at stock with 360 aio cooler

G-skill trident Z 3200

Asus hero mobo

ssd

evga supernova p2 750w

My only let down is a monitor, 32" samsung tv want to upgrade to a 144 monitor but just not had the cash

12-18fps

I'm currently looking into upgrading my PC or buying a new one completely. I get very poor performance with Squad, due to my current rig.

My spec is-

Intel Core i7-3770 CPU  3.40ghz

8.00 Gig RAM

GeForce GT 640

Would a graphics card upgrade increase my FPS? 

I'm not particularly tech savvy and  don't know much about computers, so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, ckolonko said:

12-18fps

I'm currently looking into upgrading my PC or buying a new one completely. I get very poor performance with Squad, due to my current rig.

My spec is-

8.00 Gig RAM

GeForce GT 640

I'm not particularly tech savvy and  don't know much about computers, so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I get 40+ fps with this spec so I think your GPU is holding you back the most.

i7 -3770

16 Gb Ram

780ti

The i7-3770 is still what I would consider a very good CPU. Just upgrade your GPU and if you still think you are lagging behind you could choose to go the whole upgrade path. The AMD Rx480 will be launched end of this month and be priced at $199. It's been rumored to get close to 1070 performance or at least around a 980 but that has yet to be confirmed. That should be shaking up the GPU market so I would wait until then myself if you can.

12 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

I get 40+ fps with this spec so I think your GPU is holding you back the most.

i7 -3770

16 Gb Ram

780ti

The i7-3770 is still what I would consider a very good CPU. Just upgrade your GPU and if you still think you are lagging behind you could choose to go the whole upgrade path. The AMD Rx480 will be launched end of this month and be priced at $199. It's been rumored to get close to 1070 performance or at least around a 980 but that has yet to be confirmed. That should be shaking up the GPU market so I would wait until then myself if you can.

15 hours ago, ckolonko said:

12-18fps

My spec is-

8.00 Gig RAM

GeForce GT 640

Here are the first benchmark result´s, seems quit nice!

http://videocardz.com/61005/new-amd-radeon-rx-480-3dmark-benchmarks

2 hours ago, koschilein said:

Here are the first benchmark result´s, seems quit nice!

http://videocardz.com/61005/new-amd-radeon-rx-480-3dmark-benchmarks

Those are from benchmark results the card manufactures know how to get the best out of. I'd prefer to see some real world gaming results personally but the performance does look like it could be a bargain for $199

30 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Those are from benchmark results the card manufactures know how to get the best out of. I'd prefer to see some real world gaming results personally but the performance does look like it could be a bargain for $199

That is true, also I need to see them custom design benchmarks!

25 to 60+ FPS (Mostly 30s during play)

Medium/Low settings on an old Dell 730x

1080p

1st gen i7 920 2.67

EVGA GTX 970 4GB SSC GAMING w/ACX 2.0+

6GB Ram (won't support more Ram, stupid Dell bios)

Win7

Would you guys say my old  i7 is the problem? 

On 6/16/2016 at 7:35 AM, CC-Marley said:

6GB Ram (won't support more Ram, stupid Dell bios)

Normal people(95%) don't need more than 6 GB at the moment. But it will change in the next few years.

Would you guys say my old  i7 is the problem?

Yes. They say FPS in Squad directly related to a IPC of CPU core. Judging by what FPS people report on the forums it is true. Your CPU has 6700 IPC(Dhrystone bench) per core and you get ~30 FPS. Skylake CPUs have 12500 IPC per core and people with Skylakes get about 60+ FPS in Squad.

1st gen i7 920 2.67

Also, in your particular case bottleneck could be IPS(instructions per second). So I'd suggest to overclock your CPU. And then architecture will become the bottleneck for you and not clocks of the CPU.

I wonder why hadn't you done it so far?

Edited by KulaGGin

3 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

Also, in your particular case bottleneck could be IPS(instructions per second) and not IPC. So I'd suggest to overclock your CPU. I wonder why hadn't you done it so far?

Dell motherboard.  

I also have a i7 920, but it is at 3.6 ghz and it makes very little difference. I play on all low with often sub-20fps. And yes, before anyone asks, I deleted config files etc in an effort to fix it. It did nothing. 

6 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

I also have a i7 920, but it is at 3.6 ghz and it makes very little difference. I play on all low with often sub-20fps. And yes, before anyone asks, I deleted config files etc in an effort to fix it. It did nothing.

Try this:

And this:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

Find and edit following variables:

AntiAliasingMethod=0
AntiAliasingMethodQuality=0
MSAACompositingSampleCount=1
ShadowQuality=0
ShadowMaxResolution=0
AmbientOcclusion=0
AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=0
AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=0.000000
MotionBlur=0
MotionBlurQuality=0
LensFlare=0
LensFlareQuality=0
Bloom=0
BloomQuality=0
AutoExposure=1
EyeAdaptationQuality=0

It might increase your FPS by 5-10, get it to mid thirties and make game at least playable but don't wait even 45+ FPS on high-pop servers.

Also, I'd also suggest you to tweak your nvidia control panel:

6008035R-V-NVIDIA-CP03.gif

If you used advanced settings, try to switch back to default(let 3D app to decide). If you use default settings now, try to switch to Use my preference emphasizing Performance or Quality. And there is always Nvidia Inspector for people who like advanced tweaking.

But keep in mind that it is a lot easier to destroy your FPS than to increase it even by a bit. And there are not step-by-step tutorials for Squad.

Edited by KulaGGin

8 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

Try this:

Thanks! The second one I had already done, I think. I will look through that other thread a bit and see what I haven't yet tried. I don't honestly care that much, taking a break from a game for a few months can really help reinvigorate one's passion for it xD

13 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Thanks!

Your welcome.

13 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

I don't honestly care that much, taking a break from a game for a few months can really help reinvigorate one's passion for it xD

Yes, and I hope in few months performance problem will be fixed, so everyone will be able to enjoy at least 50+ FPS even with CPUs made in 2009.

And people with high-end CPUs don't even realise they have the same problem as people with low-end CPUs. I get ~30 FPS on my Xeon x5450. If problem was in my CPU and not in the game, people with overclocked to 4.8 gHz Skylakes would be getting at least 150+ FPS, because Skylakes actually are 5 times faster(they're even more faster, actually). But people don't get these 150+ FPS, they get 70 FPS at best. People with high-end CPUs could be even more affected by the bad game optimization than people with low-end CPUs, it's just not that noticeable because these high-end CPUs are so powerful that even with very bad game optimization people get playable FPS...

Edited by KulaGGin

I'm using i7 950 @4.0 and the game runs well with GTX 670. AA off, shadows high 39-80 fps. Most of the time ~41-52/60.

Edited by Hoshi

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H

AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB

AMD A8-3850 2.9GHz APU

8GB RAM

1TB WD Black Edition HDD

Resolution: 1920x1080

Back in January I used to get 15 - 25 FPS (20 average) with mostly low settings.  Now I get 10 - 18 FPS (15 average) with all low settings.  Curious to see what I get by Winter 2016.